Create Account

S67 PT #1: Media Mogul Due: September 25th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Player Prompt

Dusty Rhodes isn't really a huge fan of social media. He does it because the teams basically require it. So most of the tweets you get out of Dusty are pretty short and surly and to the point. The only time he may get excited enough to actually think about social media is if there's been a hugely physical game and Rhodes has thrown his fists and his weight around. That may be the only time he gets excited. When the team asks for youtube, Rhodes basically point blank tells them to just put up a couple of his fighting videos. He prefers to let his play do the talking for him. Rhodes is just basically a grumpy o;d school type of player, a throw back to the days of Eddie Shore and old time hockey. There wasn't alot of social media in those times and that's how Rhodes prefers it. He will meet his obligations to his team but to go out of his way to create a presence is a completely foreign idea to him.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

pt pass

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, and Ragnarr for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Social media. Probably one of the greatest creations as well most detrimental creations of our time. It is also something Connor McKeil completely abstains from. “I actually have no social media. I actively avoid exposure like that, I just don’t give a fuck.”

So when the teams resident tik tok guru or Instagram schmuck comes around, McKeil disappears pretty quickly. “We’ve yet to convince him to join us for our funny videos or anything, at this point we kind of just let it go. He’s an old soul or something”.

McKeil is old school, and really doesn’t care about what other people think, so what’s the point? “I feel like when you don’t care what others have to say about you, what’s the point? I’m not hear for validation. If the fans want autographs or a photo with me, I’m all about it, always here for them. But stupid dance videos? I’m not 13.”

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Code:
These days Twitter takeovers and appearing on Tik Tok just seems to be a part of the job when it comes to being a professional hockey player. So how does your player handle this? When it's their turn to show up on the team Youtube, are they excited for it? Are you the type to be coming up with fun ideas for content and goofing around with the social media team? Or maybe you go to increasingly insane lengths to not appear on camera? Is this a welcome part of the job, or just something you have to do? (150+ words)

The Calgary social media department is very strange compared to the way the Tampa department is ran.  Everyone on the team, as expected, goes through rotations on when to appear in certain media.  Sometimes they base it on if the player is hot on the ice and trending on twitter and sometimes it is just to provide some comedic relief if the team is doing poorly at the time.  Strom handles this as professionally as he can (especially since the appearances are mandatory written into his contract by the team).  When it comes time for him to do his promotional work, because he is a veteran in the league and aging he usually ends up doing jokes about swiss cheese and being old.  His most recent appearance has him between the pipes taking shots from toddlers whilst using a cane as his stick.  Its particularly trendy whenever Grogu is dressed up as a toddler (since he's so short) and scores...at least that's what the twitter metrics say.

Written Task: Do you enjoy the kind of hockey media you see out in the world? If so, why? Who are some of your favourite writers? What are some of your favourite types of content? If you don't enjoy or engage with hockey media, why not? What kind of things are missing for you? If you could start your own hockey media empire, what would you like to do differently? (150+ words)

I really enjoy reading hockey news. Not always so much plain references from matches. Then I would rather watch highlights, but I like to read in-depth articles about my favorite team or players. When I was young I read Pro Hockey magazine regularly. I used to subscribe and receive the magazine in the mail. I quit when I became a uni-student. I used to read a lot on hockeysverige.se as they covered both Swedish hockey and the NHL. They always had many great articles both long and short ones. The former Pro Hockey editor took over as editor there as well. But then they started to take payment for the readers to read and since I don’t live in Sweden anymore I was unsuccessful in subscribing twice and ditched the entire site. Then I swapped to The Athletic and got both hockey and football covered. I won’t say that kevin kurz was my favorite. I am much happier with Corey Masisak, but so far this offseason not that many interesting articles has been written. I hope for better times later on.

Words: 182

[Image: You_Doodle_2023-11-14T20_56_45Z.jpg?ex=6...d1516e717&]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Hockey Prompt: For me as a real life Canucks fan I have enjoyed following the evolution of The Provies/The Athletties/The Armies, orginally by Jason Botchford until his untimely passing. Fortunately, Wyatt "The Stanchion" Arndt took over for him at the Athletic and along with Thomas Drance, kept it alive and gave it it's own spin. Now, the Article is moving once again, as Wyatt Ardnt is moving to CanucksArmy to continue writing there with less influence from the corporate overlords at the Athletic.

Overall, the article is an irreverent, lighthearted look at the game that happened the night before, using GIFS and long running comedy bits that help dull the pain of being a Canucks fan. Under Botchford, the article would have some pretty deep dives into the Media Wars in Vancouver and there would be some awesome behind the scenes info from the locker room. Under Wyatt, the tone changed to be a bit sillier, but in a good way. Wyatt kept his own style of writing and carried on the legacy of the article in a fine fashion. I hadnt been to the CanucksArmy site in ages, but I will be there after every game to read the recap and enjoy The Stanchion's take on the game that was.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Player Prompt

Those who have followed this career for a while will know that Harry Carpet is absolutely not a person who needs to be in the center of attention and that includes YouTube channels, TV, radio or similar platforms. If there is a camera crew following the team around they luckily always find someone else on the team willing to give interviews and talk about their lives. Every team has at least one player who likes doing this. If there is one social media platform where Harry likes to be active, it's Twitter (with over 200 followers already, imagine that!). It's both a little bit of personal fun, interaction with other players and part of every pro athlete's life. The team management requires all players to have some kind of media presence and if you don't like to show up on YouTube (or TikTok, but Harry thinks he’s officially too old now to be part of that), then Twitter is a good alternative.
(162 words)

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

In terms of the kind of hockey media I enjoying seeing out in the world these days, I mainly love seeing the hard hitting pieces. Like: man hit in face with pie, or woman hit in face with electronic flyswatter. The stuff that really makes you stop and think, wow I'm sure glad as shit that ain't me. Media from renown journalists such a Dick Butt, Butt Dick, Emerald Green, Sapphire Blue and Pokemon Yellow. They bring up excellent topics like why the Simulation Hockey League is rigged, and seriously how the hell did Edmonton lose to Minnesota day one this season. In general though, I really enjoy media that helps illuminate players that deserve recognition and highlight major accomplishments such as, rookie goaltender Justin Time being named Blizzard captain this season or the tiberium war claiming an SMJHL player and recent draftee Nichael Fitted. And that's the kind of media, I love.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 03:04 PM by CrazyMojito. Edited 1 time in total.)

HOCKEY PROMPT

The only hockey related media I really pay attention to these days usually is in regards to the Devils since they are my favourite team. Unfortunately there hasn't been any decent content coming since Tom Gulitti left the Bergen Record to cover the Captials for NHL.com. Around 15 years ago or maybe even earlier I discovered Gulitti's blog called Fire and Ice where he would post all sorts of news and content that you wouldn't find in a more formal article on the Bergen website. The blog became very popular amongst Devils fans and TG (he always posted to the blog with this handle and how he was referred to. The comments section would have hundred of comments, I would argue it was much busier than what you could find on a typical reddit post in the Devils subreddit. Standards were set very high and everything that comes out these days is just meh in comparison.

Also being a Devils fan these days probably means most content is "Cory Promans top prospects under 23" with nothing else being really all that exciting to write about for the team. I do enjoy reading insights into particular players though or fun stories.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

PT PASS

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

pbe affiliate

I will be honest. I do not see any media on hockey whatsoever. I doubt many brits care 2 shits about this sport. I enjoy it but I have to willingly look up the highlights or drama so I would like some sort of drama. I really do enjoy SHL media. Like the captain announcements. It was just amazing to see the results of becoming a captain after all this time with the bollocks badly ran Vancouver did years back.

If I ran 'an empire' with this sport I would probably just continue what was happening as long as it is the most efficient and decent to good quality based media possible. Maybe pay people better since companies are god awful with pay? I do not know how much in media for this sport they make but I think more pay is always good and the passion might come through the media too.

I am not the best person for this since I am a bit of a media spammer rather than doing quality cause we don't get paid for quality but if I was in charge I would try to make sure readings/viewers were happy with the content.

[201 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Prompt 1

Honestly? I don’t really love any hockey media I consume—part of it is hate reading due to certain notable names like Dom Luszczyszyn and Greg Wyshynski who have absolute hate boners for Columbus (if you want to try to argue about Dom, go ahead, but Wysh is irredeemable for his stupid takes and flagrant hatred of my team). It also doesn’t help that I don’t have cable access, so I’m unable to watch or listen to coverage of the league. Plus, coverage of the NHL isn’t great in the U.S. When I have had access to like TSN, they’re okay, other than paying notable snake oil salesman Doug Maclean for his bad takes. I read a lot of the Athletic to try to keep up on news, but even Columbus’ own beat writer—Aaron Portzline—and I have a complicated relationship back to his days at the Columbus Dishrag… err “Dispatch.” Still, he’s not as bad as he once was now that he’s sticking mostly to reporting the news and cut the insider rumors stuff his later Dispatch years were infamously bad for. Beyond Portzy, there’s not really many other people in The Athletic who stick out to me for good or bad (other than Dom, who again, for some reason consistently doesn’t like my team!)

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Hockey – Written Task

As a fan of hockey, I really love to go through today’s news to be able to keep up with everything going on in the hockey world. Even though I get most of my news from Instagram (that’s how I learnt that both Chara and Subban were retiring today), I prefer to read detailed journal articles about my favourite teams or the subjects that interest me or listen to fun video about various subjects (Bardown and Steve Dangle would both be great examples).

I don’t have any favorite writers, but, as I said above, I really like the things that are lighter in tone while still teaching me new things.

If I could start my own media empire, I would really like to have every day folks contributes to the creation of the contents. I think that the voice of the fans should be heard more frequently (even though the fans aren’t always right and a lot of them tend to overreact/underreact according to the situation). I think that involving fans could get some interesting subject on the table and chance it often enough that the same subject wouldn’t be talked about for a week.

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]