Create Account

S66 SFP Team Awards and S67 Captains!

Good afternoon SHL! About one hour to go before the start of the season after an off-season that seemingly never ended. It's time for San Francisco to look back on the past season and look forward to hopefully another trip through the post-season together. While we will still have nightmares of Willie Miller haunting us, there are plenty of highlights that we want to acknowledge. I was told after the chaotic celebrations last season, we are not to have Birdman organize the team awards show anymore and to go back to the family-friendly gushy awards ceremony. So relax and enjoy a nice ol' wall of text from your host, Toast, and let's get started.

We like to open these up with acknowledging the previous season's SHL award nominees which is really just becoming the acknowledge Bjerg portion of the show and guess what? Bjerg is at it again! Representing the Pride:

Rikard Bjerg @AgentSmith630
Bojo Biscuit Award nominee
Scott Stevens Award nominee

We also want to give a shout-out to Kev Kevens who joined Bjerg in representing the Pride on the SHL All Star teams. If Bjerg could only block a few more shots I'm sure we would have been celebrating adding something to the trophy case for Smith here but it is what it is. We're happy to see the Pride acknowledged by the Award Committee and I'm sure we'll be seeing Smith back here again next season. Then we also have Kev who was flirting with a 100-point season before the biggest jinx article of all-time but we're excited to see if he is going to be able to replicate the success this go around! Before we get too carried away with what is coming up this season for the Pride, let's take a look at our internal team awards for the S66 campaign.

The Geronimo Otto Award
Our first award for the evening will be the Otto award. This award is used to recognize the leaders of the Discord locker room. The members who really embrace the spirit of the team and motivate those around them through thick and thin. On-ice contributions can also be considered our leader of the year. Our nominees this season…

Kev Kevens @Keven
Jean-Uhtred Soderberg-Tremblay @lespoils
Henrik Lekberg Osterman @Henrik

We've got a cast of familiar characters here if you've read some previous team awards from the Pride. The past GMs who helped right the ship with Smith and Henrik, a picture example of being a leader in Kev, and a new face to the Pride who hit the ground running. I think as the newest one to these nominees, lespoils deserves a little extra acknowledge here for his first team award nomination. We were beyond excited to complete the trade with Seattle that saw our teams swapping wingers but the character addition we got with lespoils was more than what we hoping for and this nomination for team leader is more than well deserved! While I would love to give them all the award, there is one winner that the team selected...

And the winner is…

pride Henrik Lekberg Osterman! pride

Henrik is the heart and soul of the Pride at the end of the day. Still as heavily involved with the squad as he was when he was GM, Henrik is someone who leads the team with some incredible energy. Henrik the player is also an inspiration as he keeps fighting regression with everything he's got. We can only hope that this time around we can get him that Cup win that he deserves! Congrats, Henrik!

The Kelly Rivet Award
The Kelly Rivet Award is the second award we give away during these ceremonies and this one is very straight forward. The Pride vote on who our team MVP was on the ice and after a season of some incredible performances, the Pride have nominated...

Kev Kevens @Keven

Huh, funny how that works out. The two players that we acknowledged for award nominations and All-Star nods are the ones that the team would like to see considered for the Rivet award! On paper, Kev Kevens was one of the most exciting players to watch on the Pride this season. The chemistry between Kevens and Stromberg was more than apparent in most of the Pride's games but it was Kev who was consistent with finding the back of the net. Putting up 43 goals for the team that almost led the league in goals is an impressive feat and one that the Pride loved to watch. While not as intense on the scoresheet, the value that Bjerg added to the roster cannot be overlooked. Triple digits in the takeaway column is absolutely unheard of. He had six giveaways to 106 takeaways for a 100 differential. Insanity. Bjerg was the pinnacle of defense for San Francisco this season. The winner the Pride have selected though...

pride Kev Kevens! pride

The energy that the Pride demonstrated when Kev was pushing for 100 points was one of the highlights of the season for sure and while it may not have happened, there is no doubt that Kev was the MVP of the Pride this season with that finishing ability. Hopefully this season will be the one that Kev hits 100 points on!

The Jack Tanner Award
The third award that we are giving out this ceremony is the Jack Tanner Award. This award is given to the Pride player who their teammates felt was the most underrated player on the team and across the league. Now we have an interesting situation here as we have seven nominees all tied at one vote. As general manager I'm going to give myself tie-breaker powers for who I would have voted for if I participated. It's nice to see the team wanting to give credit to the entire roster though! Our nominees this time around...

Nicolae Antonescu @Rancidbudgie
Petr Svoboda @artermis
Slavakov Vladimirashenko @Bfine
Walton Stromberg @sulovilen
Osada Tamura @Gregarious
Borje Samuelsson @r1c3bowl22
Jean-Uhtred Soderberg-Tremblay @lespoils

Well, we've got basically everyone on here for those the Pride felt like were most underrated. On our forward group we had Svoboda, Stromberg and JUST all contributing throughout the season and making sure that our offense was coming from just about everywhere on the ice. Defenders Slavakov and Borje were consistently getting involved as well. Between the posts for San Francisco saw Nicolae and Osada both putting up some fantastic games. It's great to see a group of users get acknowledged here as San Francisco had a great season from top to bottom just about! As I said though I'm going to take it upon myself to give the award to someone who I think really earned it this season...

pride Osada Tamura! pride

Being a back-up in this league is truly a thankless job and really, we lucked into having Osada on our roster. After the chaotic award nomination for Tim Allen Jr, the Pride were informed of a goalie who aged-out from the SMJHL and needed a new home. Gregarious agreed to a deal right away and Osada has really stolen some games for the Pride over his career. Getting 20 wins over the season shows the consistency that Osada provided for the Pride while covering for Nicolae in the crease. We look forward to seeing what Osada pulls off this season!

The Pride of the Pride Award
On to the main event for this award ceremony, it's time to name our Pride of the Pride. This award is usually reserved for someone who best demonstrates the core values the Pride wish to have in their community. This user can sometimes go above and beyond during the season or the Pride will use this award to celebrate some lifetime achievements with the franchise. For S66 we have four nominees the team wanted to acknowledge so without further ado...

Henrik Lekberg Osterman @Henrik
It's no surprise that Henrik finds himself nominated for this award time and time again. There is never enough that can be said for the dedicated work that he put into to turn a floundering team at the time into one that has consistently battling for top of the league the past few seasons. The San Francisco community is how it is right now mostly thanks to the work that Henrik has put in. Henrik goes out of his way to make sure that everyone is welcomed into the team community and I don't think that anyone has ever seen Henrik even get upset. A natural leader, we are thankful to have Henrik around every day to be a shining example of who the Pride are.

Kev Kevens @Keven
Kev also is someone who is consistently in discussion for Pride of the Pride as he is a user that is heavily involved with the team as well. Kev is always a warm personality and we've seen Kevens take over the SHL with the Pride. Having been a core part of San Francisco getting through the rough seasons and turning into one of the stronger teams in the league can be seen side-by-side with Kevens player development as he continues to do whatever he can to help earn for the Pride. Kev is one of the best users I've gotten to know through my time in San Francisco and I know this energy is not exclusive to San Fran as Kev demonstrates the same level of kindness and dedication to the SHL through the QCC community and through league positions he has gotten involved with. (Please rig fantasy for me)

Smith is the other half of the leaders that helped turn San Francisco into a community that has gotten plenty of feedback of being a preferred destination for users around the league. This is through his efforts helping build not only an earning team but an active community as well. Despite stepping back from management Smith is still a consistent voice in the locker room to drive some conversation and still takes it upon himself to lead the team's records making sure our datasheet is up to date as the seasons roll on and has is leading a new area of the team's Discord with Pridelands inductions for team hall of fame careers we like to acknowledge. Smith adds plenty to the LR and is someone that well deserves this nomination.

Ruggs McOoooh @Ruggsy
Good afternoon, Ruggsy. While we may have moved away from the daily messages in the personal meeting rooms, I'm glad we get to take the time here to acknowledge someone who has been a core part of the Pride for a long time. While McOoooh may have moved on the greener pastures after the most recent season, Ruggsy will always be considered part of the Pride (for legal purposes, this will cease if he ends up elsewhere in two months through the draft). As a voice constantly searching for ways to improve the team, I could always count on Ruggsy to help flag ways to not make the discord intimidating to any new users trying to figure out our channels or to just point out redundant channels. Ruggsy has been a great user to have as part of the team for all of his career and we can't wait to see what he accomplishes with this new player!

And the winner is…
pride Rikard Bjerg / @AgentSmith630! pride

The recognition for Smith is well deserved. The tale has been shared plenty of times but for a user with little knowledge of the sport to get involved with a sim hockey league and immediately become such an involved member through management and league positions is really awesome to see. One of the most dedicated users around it's great to see his teammates give Smith the Pride of the Pride award for S66. You're an incredible person, Smith, and your efforts truly don't get enough recognition most of the time. Thank you for everything you do for the league and San Fran!

That concludes another batch of season awards for the Pride and I thank everyone for reading! We're looking forward to giving it another shot with this group and I can't wait to see the next generation of Pride slowly work their way into these ceremonies as well. Before that though, let's go win a Cup!

——

[Image: nkm0dhL.png]

Now to close things off here we're going to be announcing some changes to the team leadership that the team voted on. While there are more than enough users that should be wearing a letter for the team, there were three that led the charge in the votes...

Captain

pride Henrik Lekberg Osterman - @Henrik pride

The team has decided to put the C on old man Henrik for this campaign! I've said enough above for what Henrik brings to the team and I'm not surprised to see him receive the most votes here. He makes a  positive impact on any user he interacts with and we're thrilled to have him lead the team for S67!

Alternate Captains
pride Kev Kevens / @Keven pride
pride Rikard Bjerg / @AgentSmith630 pride

Kev and Smith getting the As in this vote is also not surprising whatsoever. While we're replicating the Winnipeg Jets with Kev stepping down to an A, this should not be seen as a slight on Kev but just a look at how many leaders the team has around in the locker room. Smith takes a well-deserved A for the season as well! Please see the Pride of the Pride comments for why this decision was as clear as day.

That’s all for tonight! I hope everyone enjoys a new season of SHL hockey! All the best from San Francisco and !rollpride

Code:
2296 words

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Congrats to all winners and to our captains!

Y'all are gonna make me cry. San Francisco is my home and I can't really imagine being happier anywhere else. #ROLLPRIDE  pride

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Congratulations to all the winners and huge thanks for the confidence Pride! Lets go!

!rollpride

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Another great season for the Pride in the books. Congrats to all award winners and captains!

!rollpride pride

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

!rollpride

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]