Create Account

Nicolae Antonescu Retires
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2022, 05:55 PM by Rancidbudgie. Edited 1 time in total.)

The 14-year career of Nicolae Antonescu has come to an end.
The Romanian goaltender will finish out the S67 season before hanging up his skates.

Over his career at the SHL level, he collected a Jesster nomination and three McBride nominations, winning the goaltender of the year award once in S65.
Antonescu made the all-rookie SMJHL squad in S54, and the SMJHL All-Star team in S56
He was named to the SHL all-rookie team in S58, and the SHL All-Star team 3 times (S59, S60, and S65)

Internationally, Antonescu won one silver (S63) and one gold (S65) with team Switzerland as their starting goaltender. In his 10 seasons representing Switzerland, he boasted a career .923 SV% in international play, with a 43-25-3 record in the Round Robin.

Antonescu holds the San Francisco Pride career records for wins, Shutouts, and SV%, and the SFP single-season records for wins, shutouts, and SV%.
I believe (someone fact-check me here) Antonescu tied for the highest SHL career SV% in the FHM6 era amongst goalies with over 200 GP, with a .917.

I can say I am proud of what I was able to accomplish with Antonescu, especially since my first two players were largely busts, and I was privileged to give my good years to an amazing San Francisco squad.

A large thank you to St. Louis for taking my player under your Crow wings once again, to @_Blitz_ , @EricNCSU , and @TheSparkyDee for being amazing mentors and caring people in charge during my development in the SMJHL.

To everyone at the Pride - you all are an amazing, inclusive, supportive, and entertaining group of people.
To @Grapehead, thank you for drafting me here. To @Henrik, I can personally thank you for making the LR that HLO built. You had a vision for a full rebuild of great people, and @sulovilen @AgentSmith630 , @traphag , @LordBirdman , @Ruggsy , @Keven , @ZootTX , and the original core that stuck around or built up over those years, you all shared that vision and made the LR such a great place to be a part of. To @artermis , @r1c3bowl22 , @Bfine , @boom , @Caleb_H , and the many more who have joined the team more recently, you are the future of the Pride LR, and I hope to see you all around in the general chat, because you are all a bunch of characters.
@Toast , looks like we retired in the same year! You took a great group of people and forged them into a great team, getting San Francisco higher than it has ever been before, and at a period of sustained success we all got to enjoy because of you. As of this writing, we’ve got one more solid shot at the Cup, and I’m coming into my final playoffs with everything I have left.

Thank you again SHL, you have always been nothing but kind and creative to me, and I will be seeing you again shortly.

-Rancidbudgie

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

Love you ant <3

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

That McBride run was magical! All the best with the next go-around!

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Swiss legend \_

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Absolute legend

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

_/_/_/_/

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

We will lose one of the greatest at the end of the season :(
Caleb will certainly continue your legacy in San Francisco.

\_ \_ \_

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

one of the most integral parts of the best era in swiss history. thanks for helping in getting us that gold!

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

What an absolute fucking legend. Congrats on the HOF career Nico!

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpeg]

Congratulations on a great career Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

SFP just won't be the same without Antonescu in net. Congrats on the wonderful career!

_/ _/ _/

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Budgie, you're awesome and I'm glad I got to share a team with you! Hopefully we'll get to be on the same team again some day!

_/ _/ _/

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

True legend! Enjoy the retirement. But not too much, I hope. Smile

[Image: sulov.gif]

Absolute legend, one of the greats of our era.

Been great sharing the LR with you bud, looking forward to seeing you recreate.

Great career, time to get that cherry on top and get Antonescu a cup! _/_/_/

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Great sharing a locker room with you, a San Fran legend.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France