Create Account

S67 PT #2: Book Deal Due: October 2nd @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Player Prompt

Hi all, hope you all had a fine weekend? Perhaps you have read a book or books to fight the boredom? Alvin surely did not. He is a squirrel and we all know squirrels aren’t known for their good literature. They spend most of their time stealing and hiding those shiny and delicious nuts. As a child, Alvin learned the squirrel typography, which is a sophisticated language on its own. It is very hard to explain to humans, but in essence it is based on the size of the nuts and the placement of the nuts when hiding them in the ground. If you pick the right nut and place them correctly, it is way more easier to locate the other nuts. That’s what Alvin studied the most, so he did have little time for reading. Even if he did had time, he would use it to get stronger in nut, uhh net. To sum up, no time, no care for reading.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

PBE Affiliate

Code:
Creative Prompt

Not sure how they swung it but the book deal fell into place for Rush Justice. What would he even write about? What would be that compelling over an SMJHL player who's two seasons into his career? Regardless, the deal's there so we might as well try to get something going. The story would be about the day to day in the life of a typical SMJHL player, so the publishers have a writer shadowing Rush Justice throughout practice, meals, home life, etc. It was basically an all day everyday situation. He got to experience rigorous practice regimens, what a typical meal looks like (a lot of steamed veggies + chicken, nothing exciting) and a tour of the arena. Even some of the other arenas, as he joined us for a week long road trip. Either way, over the two week stay he had with Rush and the Carolina Kraken, surely he pulled some good material to write about.

160 words

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Code:
Tell me about your players relationship to literature! Have they always loved to read? Are they often found in the quiet corner of the team plane nose-deep in a book? What kind of things do they enjoy reading and why? If they can't stand reading, then tell me why! Was it one particularly awful book that ruined it for the whole medium? Is your player an animal and thus you never learned to read? Is it just too boring? Tell me what your player gets up to instead! (150+ words)

Aside from hockey, the one thing that Strom enjoys most is a good novel.  To him, whether it is an autobiography or even down to fantasy or science fiction, reading works the brain like a dumbbell works a muscle.  You can never exercise it too much.  Not only this but there is just something, mesmerizing about the smell of a freshly published book who's binding hasn't been broken in yet.  Preferably hardback books for that very reason however since he does a lot of traveling now with the team it is better off left to paperback books.  Is favorite genre, by far, is fantasy.  Growing up playing D&D in his friends basement and even into adulthood there is just something magical to him in the ability to expand his imagination and vanish into some far off mythical world full of magic and creatures the world will never see.  Getting lost in the pages of an epic hero arc or actually weeping at the loss of a character you had grown attached to.  Yeah, fantasy books for Strom are where its at.

PT pass because I am already the subject of several books.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

Prompt 2

I wouldn't really consider Leon much of an avid reader, he's a bit too jittery to sit down quietly and read a book. He'll pick up a book, generally sci-fi or fantasy when traveling long-distance by himself, and is currently working through the first Game of Thrones book whenever he travels back home to Greece. But when he's at home or traveling for games, he prefers to just read articles on whatever is going on in the world and browse through various forums to see what is going on in the music industry or in sports around the world.
The main exception would be that he'll listen to podcasts or audiobooks before bed, generally to put him to sleep. But he's usually just so energetic and fidgety during the day that he just can't sit still and read a book without getting distracted by his phone, or thinking of a relatable YouTube video or tv show that would capture his attention more.

Player Prompt

Adelie is of course a penguin and while he spent most of his life unable to read, he recently got into learning how. His best friend Melvin is an avid reader and always told Adelie such fantastical tales and it really drove his desire to read so he could learn and experience more. As such, he has really gotten into reading children's books. They're both entertaining and help develop Adelie's budding love for books. He mostly reads books about penguins and points out flaws and issues with the books as these books are for children and errors could give them misconceptions about his species. That said he has a few that he reads for the pure joy and excitement of the story. Like do you know what happens if you give a moose a muffin? Well it turns out that tale is mostly true because when Adelie gave Melvin a muffin, Melvin demanded more. Though reformed, we all know the story of what happens when you withhold Melvin's baked goods. Seems even not penguin books could use some revisions.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

If Miguel were to write a book about his life, he'd definitely need at least a co-author. While he may have daydreamed about writing a book before, those were mostly about spacefaring zombies and rescuing hot chicks in bikinis, and he knows that he probably needs someone who actually knows what they are doing to help him out. I think Miguel would just stick to writing about his life and his family. Miguel definitely had an interesting childhood, growing up working in his mom's taco shop in Austria! Definitely a good time to recognize all the people who have helped him get where he is today, including a lot of his family and coaches. I think there would definitely be something about cooking in there as well. Maybe a cookbook in the back? Is that a thing? Anyways, Miguel has a lot of really good family recipes that he thinks people would enjoy. And not just tacos!
160 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

I'm going to pay a artificial intelligence mastermind developer, to make a deep learning robot that will write me books nonstop with just a few words as a prompt.
The first book will be about me defeating the asteroid that killed all the dinosaurs. I will thrust my onyx blade into that behemoth of a rock and you'd think this would do nothing, but in reality that blade also has a firehose attached to it, which will distinguish
all the flames that shoot off said rock.
The second book will be about me saving the world with my amazing goalie abilities. A major tsunami is about to hit the coast of United States, but I plant myself firmly on the beach and block the whole wave with my blocker.
Everyone on the beach starts clapping and I put on my sunglasses and do finger pistols and say "Zoop". The president of the USA, former player SHL player Mr. Sloth comes out to me and hands me the medal of honor.

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

CREATIVE PROMPT

So, unsurprisingly, Petr's book is a biographical account of his creation and career as a State Security agent and his subsequent missions around the world (specifically against Switzerland and Japan) and his infiltration in the hockey world, all of which is hidden behind the façade of an espionage thriller. Brilliant, I know, Petr knows too, this surely won't get him disciplined by command for disclosing classified information. Just kidding, Petr's untouchable due to how much he is worth to the Czech government and how many higher-ups have invested into this project. but yeah, as to be expected, the book is filled to the brim with Czech propaganda (who would've guessed) so I guess it's not all bad for Czech State Security. Who knows, maybe through the fandom that this novel creates (cuz that's only inevitable with spy thrillers) we can gain informants too. I GOT IT, WE NAME THE FANDOM INFORMANTS AND WE GET THEM TO WILLINGLY SEND INTEL INTO CZECH STATE SECURITY. BRB, gotta start up a spy ring.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

I absolutely love to read. Spy novels are what I like to dive in to. My favorite author, hands down, is Vince Flynn. He has so many incredible books based around his main character of Mitch Rapp. Unfortunately, Vince passed away from cancer a few years ago, so the last book he wrote was a while ago now. Kyle Mills picked up where he left off and has written a few books to continue the Mitch Rapp series. Personally, I don’t think they are as good as the beginning of the series, but it is nice to know that Flynn’s legacy is living on. I have re-read the series a few times, and on long road trips I will either be reading or listening to one of his books on tape which is another great way for me to re-live the series. I highly recommend reading the series to anyone who likes spy novels and is looking for something good to read.

162 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Sven isn't surprised by the news that he's gotten a blank check for a book deal. Besides, who wouldn't want to read a book all about the best Sven? Sven would obviously write it himself, since being the best Sven requires that he is also the best author. There's plenty to write about, like the time he was both a player and a GM for the 4 star winning cup Whalers team, and being the Fed Head for the gold medal winning Great Britain team all in the same season. Or winning the Nour Harrak for the best GM duo in the following season. He's now at the peak of his SHL career and hoping to help the Manhattan Rage make a deep run in the playoffs with his good friend and longtime teammate Lev Lebedev (who just won the league MVP!) and add one more trophy to the shelf. No matter what, the book is guaranteed to be a best seller.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Player Prompt
My player always loved to read, even in school, he not only read what the teachers were giving to him, but other books as well!
It all started with the Harry Potter and Amos Daragon in like 4th grade. Always loved magic and fantasy adventure.
In high school, it was the same thing but with bigger books. In French and in English, about philosophy or another class, he was ready to read all those.
He read in the bus, in the car, at home, in the library and even at the hockey rink before some games.
After finishing school, he would read some biography of some hockey legend to inspire his game and to know why were they thinking in some situations (on-ice or off-ice). You can't be too prepared to live a professional hockey career, so you have to find help wherever you can.
Read is not that bad, you just have to find a topic you like, or read the book about a movie you liked.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 03:50 PM by CapnCooper. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dirty Boots isn't known to read too much, but always has good intentions when it comes to books. Catch the right topic and story with great characters and there's no way you're getting him out of the book. But most of the time those books will end up on a nice bookshelf, next to plenty of other books that Boots hasn't read. Boots has quite the collection actually. Some of his favorites are the big ones with lots of pictures. Hockey records and highlights from those in the NHL or SHL or other leagues. He admires them and looks up to them, it gives him goals and achievements that maybe he can work towards and achieve some day in his own. Maybe he'll get a big picture in a hockey book someday. And maybe others can find that book someday on their own bookshelf with Dirty Boots and all his records and achievements.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Player Prompt Written Task: Mats Marner is really not a fan of pleasure reading. For a majority of his career Marner has been completing post secondary education with his undergraduate and masters degree during the offseason for the most part and a little bit during the season. Being in the field of social sciences Marner’s studies has involved a lot of reading and writing with often hundreds of pages academic sources to read each week when he is in full time studies. As a result, when Marner is not in school he likes to take a break from reading books or newspaper articles. Instead of reading Marner enjoys listening to podcasts while driving or right before bed. Marner will listen to motivational podcasts, sports podcasts, mental health podcasts. A couple of his favorite podcasts is the NELK Boys weekly podcast that he listens to on Youtube and Yes Theory Podcast on Google podcasts. Overall, listening to podcasts is a lot more relaxing than reading.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars