Create Account

S67 PT #2: Book Deal Due: October 2nd @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Kahn on PBE
Building a hockey player’s empire: the story of the player building an empire. That’s the running title of my book. I could write the thing, but I will probably dictate it over voice notes in snap and send it to a ghost writer to finish the magic a little bit. This book will be straight fire and get the readers out there that are thinking about jumping careers over into the hockey world. It will be for the kids that dream of being hockey stars one day. It’s ironic that my player will be writing about that considering he is no where near being a hockey star yet. However, it’s a dreamer’s guide written by a dreamer. The first part will be a biography of sorts, talk about my player’s upbringing and all that fun history. Then it will dive into what needs to be done for a player to realize their hockey empire potential. All in all, it should be considered one of sports great reads.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Written Task

Paul Binder has always been a bit of a book worm. He's not the kind of guy that will pull out a damn novel in the middle of practice or a cup celebration, but he definitely enjoys reading on his own time at home in the mornings and before bed. For any non-fiction he prefers to stick with documentaries, but he absolutely loves reading any sort of non-fiction. Science fiction and fantasy are his two favorites, much to the chagrin of his team mates. During Halloween parties, many of his friends and team mates will show up in your usual run of the mill Halloween costumes, whereas Binder will show up dressed as a hobbit from Lord of the Rings. The bigger the book and the bigger the series, the more he will get into it. He's never quite gotten the balls to recommend it because he knows he would get made fun of, but he certainly wouldn't turn down the idea of a team book club.

WC 172

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

CREATIVE PROMPT -

This is the book, auto-biography, of the story of the great Angus McFife XVIII, former player of the Colorado Raptors of the simulation major-junior hockey league and current player and cup champion with the Atlanta Inferno of the simulation hockey league. The book starts with the youth of the prince, his training in swordmanship, gallantry and heavy metal rocking. The book talks of his bizare relationship with his father, the rivalry he had with students of the wizardy school and how in his teenage years he would get drunk with pirates.

In the book, we also learned of the campaign Angus led in the terrorvortex, where he freed the humankind from the oppressive Zagothrax who used warp travel to enslave an alternate dimension far away from Angus' original home. Unfortunatly for him, the McFife Legacy is always drawn towards his evil and will do anything to crush him and his goblins allies. This is what happened, but after he won, we remember angus was transfered into a simulation hockey league universe where in order to contain the forces of chaos, he has to be good at hockey. He doing ok.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Honestly, Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts in the Simulation Hockey League has never been much of a reader throughout his life. In school, Liam Slate would just go to the internet and get the summaries of the books he had to read and write reports on. Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts does not really have much of a like for reading just because he does not have the patience of attention span to read. Reading bores Liam Slate for the most part. Although Liam Slate does enjoy looking at books with information about interesting topics and full of interesting real life pictures, for example National Geographic type content, but any regular book that requires mostly reading, Liam Slate would rather not. One thing Liam Slate wants to try is getting into audiobooks but he has not committed to purchasing one or trying it yet. But he may end of doing that at some point possibly when he finds the time or is finally convinced once and for all.

170 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Prompt 1

Henrik enjoys reading a book or two but his taste really isn't all that refined. His guilty pleasure is scooching down in an armchair and picking up an old sci-fi novel from the 50's, 60's or 70's and enjoying the hell out of all the stereotypes and whacky ideas. So I imagine he would write something inspired by that era of the genre. Let me write you a quick blurb...

The year is 2093 and the people of Sol-Terra (formerly known as Earth) have joined the Galactic Utopean Species Hegemony (also known as GUSH). All is well within the borders of GUSH and the people are enjoying their lives of comfort and luxury but unbeknownst to them a terror is lurking in the dark and mighly mysterious fringes of galactic space. The ancient race known as the Zivcmi-Dabu have resurfaced to take revenge on GUSH. Will a hero resurface to save GUSH from total annihilation?

I imagine the front cover will be suitably expresionalistic impression of a man running away from an explosion. Also the man is a cyborg.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Julian Flörsch is going to write his biography the way all of the greats do: Have someone else write it for him.

He'll pick someone who knows how to tell a great story in great detail without losing the audiences attentention. A writer who has experienced the highs of success and the struggles of life, but also went through the lows of not being able to bring to the table what is needed and required at times. Someone who has seen it all, and not just someone based on their name and popularity of their previous books. Someone who has a track record with getting their books turned into a movie as well.

The more he thinks about it, the more Julian is convinced about who his writer should be:

George R.R. Martin.

Julian's autobiography will be available in stores around the globe in the fall of 3035. Right after George is done with the 6th book in the A Song of Fire and Ice franchise.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2022, 08:03 AM by hhh81.)

Player Prompt

M'Baku Olubori is not the biggest reader, I hate to say. Going back to his schoolboy days in Nigeria, he was always fine in school, but never really excelled or showed interest academically. He was fidgety in class and couldn’t wait to get back to playing or engaging his body in some way. Books take on a similar feel for him—he rather be up and moving. For awhile this was fine, until one fateful day at the Cassius Darrow summer conditioning camp. There are three things most people remember about Cassius off ice: he's an insane gym rat, he loves to cook, and the one thing he splurged on as a player early on is a now MASSIVE collection of books. The man [b]loves]/b] to read and challenged Baku and other young players that to be elite, they have to challenge their minds as well as their bodies. This messed Baku up; he hadn’t read a book in almost 5 years! Physical books just didn’t do it for him, so he tried audiobooks while working out. He still doesn’t love reading, but is getting more into it. Lately he's really appreciated work by Nnedi Okorafor and Chinua Achebe.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Creative Prompt
Now you are making me think about deep player lore. I think the title of Eaglesong's novel would be Hoch Fliegen which is German for Fly High. I don't think this book would be a true biography or even one that is entirely filled with words. I have shown a little bit of Eaglesong's talents in previous PTs and I want to keep that going in this one. The book would be about his flair and passion for graffiti and street art and how it has changed his mindset on the ice. It would be written by Eaglesong with the use of a professional photographer on some full art pages spread intermittently. The meat of the book details Julian's history and experience with both of his passions, hockey starting in his youth and street art in his teenage years. Large form painting requires an eye for detail but also a sense of the bigger picture. As a two way forward, both of these skills are huge on the ice when defending against rushes. (173)

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

SHL PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Creative Prompt
Evgeni Petrov’s book is a collection of stories, goalie advice, and court cases over his playing career. Evgeni attempted to write the book himself originally, but got stopped midway through by the fact he can only read and write in wolf language, a downside of his upbringing. So the book is actually written by his sister who actually reads and writes in normal languages, written entirely by Evgeni telling the stories in whatever order he remembers them in while he wildly swings a spear with a beaver he hunted down on it. What would make people want to read it is to try and get an inside look at the monster that Atlanta has playing goalie for them, and to see what his teammates really think about him. On the back of the book it has several quotes from anonymous former (missing) teammates, including “I fear no man, but that goalie, he scares me” and “One shudders to imagine what inhuman thoughts lie behind that mask.”

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

[Image: XqcgOZu.jpg]

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Fileworker PT Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

There is absolutely no way that Jack St. Clair is writing his own book as he is too busy crafting the story of his career. Between off ice and on ice workouts, making sure he is hitting his nutrition macros, and enjoying life, there is no time to put pen to paper. Besides, St. Clair's career is much too young at this point being only in his second season in the Junior league for there to be much of a biopic.

That's not to say he doesnt have any ideas floating around in his head for what could be an interesting fantasy hockey novel. For this, he is out sourcing the writing to George R. R, Martin. Between St. Clair and Martin, the two will create an epic fantasy world in which St. Clair's hockey career will exist in. There will be love stories, war and conquering, murder, deception, and politics. And who knows, with the length of time required for Martin to finish a book, maybe St. Clair's career will be over before it releases so that when HBO wants to do a tv adaptation there will be actual content to base it off of.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Creative prompt-

I would write a book about the Fantobens family. It’s not very interesting so I would probably have to make a lot of shit up. Or at least stretch the truth. An easy way to do that is to set the story of my life in an already existing universe. Like maybe the wizard of world of Harry Potter. People will believe that, right? We were a family of ravenclaws, we wore blue. I don’t really know much about Harry Potter, but ravenclaw sounds the coolest.
Maybe the marvel cinamatic universe would be easier. No not really. How about this.
Casey Fantobens, born on tatoine. Sister to her brother. Uhhh, thier dad is more of an uncle Owen. Meek, unassuming. They pod raced? That’s a thing. Later get all swept up in the shl rebellion against Lee? Because of the trade deadline federation. He tries to expel his family from the senate for tampering. But he’s a big doo doo head and everyone boos him.
In the end the beat Lee, cuz he stinks. And we all win the cup.
True story

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

PBE Affiliate (username is twix)

[Image: A12A5Km.png]