Create Account

S67 PT #2: Book Deal Due: October 2nd @ 11:59 PM (PST)

(player prompt-written task)

Rylie Versi will tell you he isn't the biggest fan of literature and reading but his collection of graphic novels, manga, and poems would tell a different story. Versi probably will never be seen reading full sized novels as those books just don't keep his attention long enough to finish it. Rylie has always found that literature and art go hand and hand. While it may seem childish, Versi really does like looking at pictures as it helps him get more connected to the source material he is reading. He enjoys a lot of short stories too and will often enjoy one or two during downtime at the rink before a game or at home. Being a professional hockey player as well, Versi will spend hours sifting through different hockey media sites just trying to find the next big scoop on the game. He says its less about learning his opposition and more about learning more on the game of hockey itself. Even though he hasn't read a full LOTR or Harry Potter book, Versi does surround himself with literature everyday and consumes it at a rate that lets him understand it better.

[Image: ykvg72u.png]
[Image: kcP9WEd.png]
Professional frogposter
Electric lettuce enthusiast

I think Aviad Ratzon (my first player) would have the best book out of all of my players that I have had so far. His time as a player was filled with controversial moments throughout the history of the SHL. He was there for the height of Crew, the height of Gorlab as well as the height of the renegoon dynasty. I think for him, he would definitely have an author publish it instead of himself as I think an author would be able to give the stories better justice. They would be able to find which details were worth including and which details should be skipped. I also think the book would be able to cover major changes in the SHL from the changing of the guard in BAP (back when it was West Kendal) which started its move forwrad into prominance and what really paved the way for @JR95 to take over. I think his history would make a great book as the S20's were where the league really exploded the first time in growth and I think telling it through Ratzon's eyes would make a great story

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Player prompt
I've always loved reading, ever since I was a kid. I can usually be found with my nose in a book, even when I'm supposed to be doing other things. I enjoy reading all kinds of things, from fiction to non-fiction, and I especially love to read biographies and history books. I find them fascinating and they help me learn about the world and other people. Plus, they're a great way to improve my hockey skills. I often find myself using what I've read in books to help me on the ice. For example, one time I was reading a book about a famous hockey player and I learned a new way to shoot the puck. I tried it out at my next game and it worked perfectly! Also Donald Duck is one of my most favorite one, including few good pets books. I'm lookin for if I can read book about Nash!

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

Player Prompt

Andreas Kvalheim is an avid reader, and he will often be found nose deep into a book on the Renegades team plane. Reading has been a favored pastime of Andreas' ever since he was a child, and he continues to read now whenever he has the time though its difficult to find the time to read a book in his busy schedule. To counteract that, Andreas has recently started listening to audiobooks as they are hands free and can be listened while accomplishing some other task like while in the gym. Andreas primarily reads fantasy novels, as he enjoys the immersing himself into new worlds and new characters. Currently, Andreas is just about to start reading "The Silence of Unworthy Gods", which is the fourth novel in Andrew Rowe's "Arcane Ascension" series. This is a progression fantasy series which involves the main characters attending a magical university and doing a lot of dungeon diving/tower climibng.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Alexi Piastri reached a deal with an Australian publication to write a book about going to North America to pursue his dream of playing in the SHL. This book is still a work in progress, but so far there's a lot that has already been written. From going to relatively unknown, to being selected in the first round by the Nevada Battleborn. Piastri's rookie season in the SMJHL will be chronicled. The Battleborn had an excellent season, setting league records on the way to winning the 4 Star Cup. Piastri was one of the leagues top rookies and played an important role on the teams journey. Piastri's SHL draft experience will also receive a lot of attention, many people feel that Alexi slipped but ultimately he was selected at the tail end of the first round by the Minnesota Monarchs. Piastri's controversial trip to Mexico will undoubtedly be detailed.. a trip that may have seen him lose what may have actually been the authentic 4 Star Cup. Expect the book to be published sometime after Piastri makes his SHL debut.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Ben Ders' book that nobody asked for titled "The Book Nobody Asked For" has somehow been flying off the shelves. It gives a good insight to how a non-star players goes about his career. He starts with how like most professional hockey players he dominated while he was a kid. Always a step or two ahead of the rest of the kids but he found some struggles once he was drafted by Quebec in the juniors. He also includes interesting nuggets about life outside of the rink; living conditions, nights out on the town, and how much time everyone is in the trainers room. Der wrote some of the book, mostly the parts about his past but he did have a lot of help with the rest. While Der knows English, the other writer was able to translate any thoughts he had in Finnish that didn't make sense in English. Don't forget to pick up your copy and if you're lucky, maybe Ben Der will sign it after a game.

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

I would want my book to be different and not some basic biography that are generally boring to read. I wouldn't write it myself either as I'm not a great writer, however, I would want to be involved in the creative direction that the book takes. So I would higher a writer and we would work on it together. I think the genre I would make the book would be a thriller that's filled with twists and turns. I am a huge fan of the show Lost and I would use that as inspiration when writing this book. The whole book while on the surface level won't seem to be about Diablo Rose and his life/career, however, when taking a deeper look you'll start to see the connections being made. Since it is still very early in Diablo Roses career we could even make it a series. 1st book will be about his early life, next book can be about his SMJHL career, and then the third and final book can be about his SHL career.

[Image: O8HREwL.png]

Raptors Canada pride
Player Page - Update Page

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

This was written from a future standpoint.

REVIEWS FOR "An Irishman's Journey into Global Hockey"
★★★★★ - A fun read and a creative approach

I found myself surprised with the writing style of this book. Penned by one Peggy Johnson as a sort of cross between an interview and a manual, the book essentially re-tells the entire career of professional hockey player Anton Harrier from his stints in several youth academies, his time in both the SMJHL and the SHL, closing up with his time after the league, playing in several parts of the country to keep himself entertained. While Mr. Harrier is shown to have a rather common approach to speaking, usually showing signs of being ridiculously laid back, the writer adds her own opinions into it, creating a fun dialogue that makes the book even more interesting than it probably should've been.

The high reputation of the book in the virtual market is very much justified and worth every penny.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Creative Prompt

Ok, I take the deal to sell my sim players story and take the money. Honestly I don't really care what it is about, as I got the money already anyways haha. But I guess I will be trying to write the book by myself, and get a famous author doing so. Never new so much talent is inside me, but with sim sports the full potential that is inside me comes to shine it seems. The book itself will be the real story of famous Michael Withecheck putting all the work in and going all the way from the little Austrian boy to world star defenseman in the SHL. Finding a home in Atlanta and getting his first challenge cup last season with the Atlanta Inferno will get a special chapter, but of course there is much more to tell. There will be some insights into the locker room, and you definitely would want to read about the weird figure of the grinch within this team.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

Jamaican families can often be grouped into one of two categories. Academically uninterested, and academic overachievers. There are many cultural and social reasons for this, but it's a pretty solid dichotomy, we're a pretty all-or-nothing people in a lot of ways. Anyway, Jamal's family... very much the latter. Especially his aunt and uncle -- who for all intents and purposes, adopted him as a child when he relocated to Santa Monica from his home town in rural Jamaica. His cousin Gabriel was notably brilliant at college, and returned after his football career was up to get a masters degree; Jamal has been expected to achieve similarly well.

To that end... "I just read a lot," he explains. "Uncle Mo always told me when I first moved to Cali, 'you know most of what I know I just got from a book at some point' over and over. Kept taking me to the library, buying me books. Not just educational stuff, he just thought that if I read a lot of books, I'd make up the gap in school."

He's talking about the fact that when he arrived in California, his education to that point had some gaping holes by the standards of Californian schools, having spent the previous years in a rural Jamaican school. "It's not that I wasn't smart," he is quick to point out. "Just that back home, our education system was set up differently. Things a lot of kids in Cali just knew, because they'd all learned in school in like, second grade, I never learned in Jamaica. Mostly this came up in history classes, but there were some other differences too. I had to read a lot and ask a lot of questions to catch up."

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

PBE Affiliate

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

Player Prompt:

Ryosuke Sato has never been the biggest reader on the team. Looking around, there are definitely larger bookworms with their heads always between the pages, reading about fantasy, sci-fi, or other genres. On the other hand, Sato as a kid enjoyed reading the odd fiction book here and there, especially during the summer. However, as he had to focus more on training and other things in his life, the time for books just started to fade away. Now, whenever Ryosuke does pick up a book to read, it is a rare occurrence, but you would find him reading mostly non-fiction or to be more specific, biographies. Sato really likes to read these types of books because he often reads the biographies of retired players and to see their journey into the league is just inspiring. This is in addition to reading about all the hardships they had to face because it is not always sunshine and rainbows when it comes to these stories.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Creative Prompt

If you are Marco Barengrub and someone wants to invest money to write something about you it absolutely has to be a scam. His agent told him he's the first forward ever to reach maximum points in pokecheck, stickhandling, positioning and defensive awareness. And yet as a 2000+ TPE player still no where near close to a point per game and a minus player. A player that sucks so much will sell well, everybody loves a goofy loser that's what the publisher told the agent. At first Marco wasn't sure he wanted to be an even bigger joke but when he saw the pay day the ego easily was put aside. The story of an Estonian player who sucked at every level growing up and somehow ended up drafted late in the SHL. Through hard work aka parents mom and dad money to buy the best gear and training he rised as the number one s59 earner. But money couldn't buy skill and talents. The end

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

A book deal is an interesting opportunity to share experiences with hundreds, or thousands, or even millions of people around the world. Instead of going for the traditional player autobiography, I am going to do a family story centered around the hockey history of the Kickz family. Given that Kickz Jr comes from a long line of previous SHL stars (and some, not so star studded players).

The history would outline the early days of the SHL and the transition that the league has gone through since that time. Outlining how locker rooms have transformed with more players coming into the league. Showing the impact that the reddit influx has had on rosters in both the SHL and SMJHL. And, using all of that context, the author can start to compare how each era of players compares to those in this current SHL. Weight even explore what it would be like if the SHL continues to grow exponentially and what that might mean. How does that increased scale create a new vision for this league.

The book honestly probably isn’t going to sell but to those SHL diehards. And that’s OK, because we don’t always have to get rich.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig