Create Account

(GRADED) Deep dive #1 Who can beat Goliath(NBB)?
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 06:37 AM by Opera_Phantom. Edited 2 times in total.)

Who can beat Battleborn? After winning the S66 four-star cup without losing a single game, they got the first pick of the S67 draft, and they have almost exactly the same core of players they had in their playoff run. After the first week of sim, they have picked up were they left, with an impressive record. In 16 games, Nevada are 14-2-0, so 28 points on a possibility of 32, they are 3 points ahead of Regina 2nd in the standing with one game less played. With all that, almost everyone are seeing Nevada win again this year, and who can blame them. I still wanted to check who are the three teams that would have the most chance of winning against Nevada, if they would end against them in the S67 Playoff.

ElkRegina Elks Elk

With what I saw from that first sim week, I think the best team to beat NBB right now are the Elks. They got an amazing first week, racking up 25 points for the 2nd place. They have by far the best defensive and goalie duo right now. They have 22 goals against in 17 games for a differential of +36… that’s crazy good after the first week of the season. In the net, Alexis Texas has 1.36 GAA, and .933 SV%, in 11 starts, and for Jackson Cannon in 6 starts, he’s at 0.99 GAA, and 0.955 SV%. If Regina manage to keep this going, they will have the defense it need to try stopping the train that is Nevada offense, and this would be a very good matchup to watch in playoff.

CitadellesQuebec City Citadelles Citadelles

Putting Quebec in this list is almost a surprise to me, but after the first week of action, I had to do it. Everyone, me include was seeing Quebec fall off after the offseason, because they lost some great players; Shylo Moxii, Rylie Versi, and Justin Time come in mind. With a record of 11-6-0, they are 5th in the standing. They have Sophie Bordeleau, who is the leader in points and goals right now, she has decided to put the team on her back, and carry them to victory. In goal, they have Caleb Hayden to replace Justin time as the number one goaltender, and right now, he’s doing a pretty good job, but I don’t know if it would be enough to stop the Nevada powerhouse.

ScarecrowsSt-Louis Scarecrows Scarecrows

My last team would be the relentless Scarecrows. Right now, if we’re judging only by goals scored, they are the best of the league in that domain. After watching all game of week 1, I found that St-Louis were lacking consistency. They can go 2-3 games in a row with more than 5 goals, but they follow up with game were then can’t even shot 10 times in a 60 minutes game. If they can put these small bad performance aside, and keep racking up goal, like they can do, they will be on par with Nevada. In the net, Anthony Dionne know he can be better, right now he’s at 0.897. but he has potential to be a .920 goalie, he just need to find his ground. St-Louis need him to be at his best if they hope to beat NBB.

Let's go Crows!

We need to play better in defense if we want to win.

But yes with the defense we got I should be better...

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 06:38 AM by Opera_Phantom.)

@SimmiZ APPROVED! +5 TPE