Create Account

S67 SMJHL PT #4 - Next Level

I want to build a stay at home type of defenseman, the type you want to kill a penality. With that in mind, I will put a majority of my TPE on defensive skill. Defensive read, shotblocking, and Positionning will be my main focus for now, I want to shutdown the best offensive player and not be out of position, would be great to block some shot to help the goalie too. Also put some points on abilities that will help my physical playstyle, things like Checking, Hitting, Strengh, and Balance, will help me achieve that goal. Even if Im a defensive guy, I will put points on offense from time to time to not be a liability on that side of the ice, and also some speed and accelaration to not get beat everyrime by speedy winger.

Projection:

Defensive read: 15
Positionning: 15
Shotblocking:14
Checking: 15
Hitting: 14
Strengh: 13
Balance: 14

Jarrod Lakemore is going to be based on the Agitator role. It may not be meta, it may value attributes that most consider a waste to increase, but Jarrod does not care. He is going to annoy his opponents, he is going to draw penalties, occasionally he is going to rough it up and fight. Mainly he will be doing a lot of the grindy, dirty work like checking, hitting, battling along the boards, winning 50/50 pucks, that sort of thing. He'll be a physical presence defensively, and while he may not be the most offensively skilled player, he definitely will know how to park himself in front of the goalie, maybe even pick up some clean up, garbage collector type goals. This is the type of player that's easy to hate when he's not on your team, yet secretly you want one guy like him on your team.

Key Stats:

Screening: 15
Strength: 15
Checking: 14
Hitting: 14
Aggressiveness: 14
Fighting: 13

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

PBE Affiliate

[Image: sobchak.png]

TPE: 350

Player Attributes

Points Available: 1

Offensive Ratings
Screening: 5
Getting Open: 13
Passing: 14
Puckhandling: 14
Shooting Accuracy: 8
Shooting Range: 11
Offensive Read: 15

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 14
Hitting: 11
Positioning: 11
Stickchecking: 13
Shot Blocking: 11
Faceoffs: 5
Defensive Read: 15

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 13
Agility: 11
Speed: 13
Stamina: 14
Strength: 14
Fighting: 5

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 5
Bravery: 5
*Determination: 15
*Team Player: 15
*Leadership: 15
*Temperament: 15
*Professionalism: 15

My 350 build isn't going to make me a very different kind of player than I am now, it's just going to emphasize my current strengths to try and capitalize on them. My main strength is how I think the game through and read the plays and in my 350 build my offensive and defensive read stats reflect that. Furthermore, I will be a little more efficient with my poke checks and at finding open ice when in the offensive zone. I plan to also work on my skating as it is currently my biggest weaness. I'd like to get that to a level where I am at least fairly average at it. I'd say right now I'm just a bit below average so an offseason of working on it will certainly do me some good. Other than that not much will change with how I play. I'll still be a slightly offensive minded two way player that can be relied on in most scenarios when needed.

Alexander Minaj has developed into a well rounded player so far in his rookie season and hasn't been favoring any one attribute too heavily. As Alex begins planning his workout regime for his second season, the plan remains the same to become the best defenseman from not only this draft class, but of all time. Physically, increasing his agility and top end speed while improving his stamina are the main priorities. Film study in the defensive zone to better understand positioning will continue to be the strongest aspect of Alex's game, but being stronger in separating puck from player via hitting is another focus. The biggest surprise for him so far this year has definitely been his strength in the offensive zone where he was projected to struggle. Building off this early success, he plans to get on the ice working on accurately hitting his passes with greater consistently and having greater control with the puck on his stick. Both of these skills will also help getting the puck out of the defensive zone with possession which has been critical to the success of QCC this year.

[Image: MMCPaEg.png]

[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png][Image: eP8F2Ne.png]

With a build at a total of 350 TPE Nash is going to be built up as a premier defender in the league. Chasing pucks, blocking pucks and jumping on other players (hitting) is the name of the game for me. Nash is also raising his checking skill to ensure he can steal the puck away from opposing players. Being well rounded when it comes to defense is super important. The ultimate goal with any dog is to chase the ball, and bring the ball back to your owner so they can throw the ball again. Hockey is a lot like fetch and raising the defensive stats, along with acceleration and speed is going to help me obtain those goals. I also plan on increasing some bravery stats because nash is a brave dog and nobody can tell him otherwise. I do plan on leaving aggression at a very low number. Nash is the sweetest dog and there isn’t a mean or aggressive bone in his body. That’s part of his general personality and nothing can change that. To summarize. Heavy defense, higher speed/acceleration since dogs run fast. Gotta get the puck

Just a link to the build

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

PBE Affiliate

TPE: 350

Player Attributes

Points Available: 0

Goalie Ratings
Blocker: 14
Glove: 13
Passing: 8
Poke Check: 10
Positioning: 14
Rebound: 14
Recovery: 14
Puckhandling: 8
Low Shots: 14
Reflexes: 14
Skating: 10

Mental Ratings
*Aggression: 8
Mental Toughness: 5
*Determination: 15
*Team Player: 15
*Leadership: 15
Goalie Stamina: 9
*Professionalism: 15

My planned 350 TPE build is as shown above. Having been part of the league since Season 2 but with this being the first goalie I have ever made, I was at a bit of a loss in terms of how to build an effective goalie when I created Tummy Hurts. After some discussion with the FHM gurus in our locker room, though, I think I have nailed down a plan for how to maximize my TPE at least at the SMJHL level. The focus will be on a few primary important attributes, crucial to any goalie both in the real world and in FHM and the SHL: Positioning, Reflexes, Recovery, and Rebounds. I will invest considerable TPE in this areas to get them up to 14 each, which is quite high and quite an investment to fit in under the 350 SMJHL cap. These attributes will help Tummy Hurts get set in a good position to face every shot, but also to react when something surprises him. The key will be to avoid giving up any rebounds, but when the odd one happens, to be able to react quickly. Secondarily, I will focus on attributes like blocker, glove, and low shots, which all focus on an ability to deal with different types of shots aimed at different places. I don't want Tummy to have an obvious weak spot to his game that opposing teams' shooters can target and focus on, which is why it will be important to keep well-rounded and make sure Tummy can protect every inch of his goal at all times.

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

In the vein of the most "prototypical" two way defenseman I can think of, one Charles McAvoy of the Boston Bruins, my ideal build requires the physical ability to be a stalwart on both sides of the puck. This, for a defenseman, means more than just the physical ability to shoot, pass, skate, and gain the puck from the sticks of opposition players. It means knowing the game - spotting what my teammates are doing on the ice, and determining the most opportune times to jump in and out of positions. That includes joining the rush, pinching, and other underrated aspects of a hockey player's ability.

This means the Read skill on both offense and defense will have to be high level, as would be position ratings so the player will always know where to be, no matter the situation. Focusing on a few skills that compliment this ability, such as speed and acceleration skills as well as stickhandling, would prevent this player from being irresponsible when joining in attack, and would allow the possibility of retreating back were he caught out on the rush. Physical skills and shooting aren't too important for this player; a technical defender, he would be more of a stick-checker on defense and occupy important passing lanes in the low areas. And on offense, Peter Potamus plans to be more of a rush-starter than one who touches the puck into the back of the net. Overall, solid player with a good work ethic.

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

Here is a possible build I can roll with Link
It is a pretty offensively defense build. I think this works pretty well for that side of the puck because shooting, passing and getting open all go up a few points to 15, a really good number for the J overall. This would allow me to fill in the weaknesses on D and physical side of the puck after next season where I get that extra 75 tpe unlocked to spend on the last 2 seasons of the J career.

I think this provides an interesting opportunity to fill in some solid PP1 numbers as the QB type on defense. The offensive numbers are good enough to be a solid producer on a good powerplay unit. My d partner for the J Toastovich is much more defensively inclined, so we could potentially just simply swap out, H leads a shutdown PK line, and I lead an offensive juggernaut PP unit. We will see if the coach decides to use me where I'm putting in effort in to improve.

Code:
188 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Andrei is meant to be a two way player capable of being defense first, but also someone who can help join the rush and create some offense. Already, despite having 5 shooting in everything he has 11 goals and more goals than assists. So, I guess I'm going to give in and put some TPE towards his offense, even though he already is very good at passing and also because his defense is already pretty good. I want to turbocharge the offense for Andrei and make it so that every time his line mates go into the offensive zone, they have a playmaker nearby to help them in Andrei Nikitin. Specifically, when playing around with some SHL website tools I found giving him a boost in passing, playmaking, getting open, and other similar stats seemed ideal. Going forward, I'll be using those kind of playmaking stats as baselines in where I want to upgrade him.

There is no really roadmap or base on which Hoang is built. When I set out to build a player, I wanted him to be special, something not many players choose to focus on. I chose to focus on Gretzky's Office as a base role to build on. I wanted Hoang to be a useful utility player that can play in many roles effectively. By 350 TPE, I expect Hoang to be a well-rounded minor leaguer, Extremely adept in almost every position, be it in a goalscoring or offensive position, a playmaking role, which is the main focus of the build, as well as an adept two-way asset. Overall, I hope to refine some of Hoang's rougher edges to make sure he becomes a valued asset for the Grizzlies moving forward, as we look to move into a window where the new guys and the old vets find their grove.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

Lazos Otasrob based on his training he has been doing with Gary Roborts. He will continue to focus on the LION mentality. Here is a link to his 350 build. It is extremely important to Lazos to be an offensive juggernaut in the league so focusing on high offensive read, getting open, puckhandling, and shooting range will be his main focus. He also wants to round out his defensive abilities with having a higher positioning stat and defensive read. Being smarter on the ice will help with his lower hitting and shot blocking. There is a slight emphasis on his physical ratings, but he believes that his physical abilities will come later in his career and wants to focus more on his offensive and hockey smarts. Overall, his progression has been good with 4 goals and 12 assists, but he will need to continue to work on his defensive read as he is currently a -4. Excited to see where his career takes him!  Armada

By the time I cap out my abilities, I want to be known for my positioning and reflexes. 90% of stopping a puck is what the goalie is doing before the shot; I hope to hone my ability at staying in position to keep my net safe. After that focus, I believe that it will be important to be mentally tough, with strong rebound and recovery. When the puck is up close and in my crease, I need to be sure that I have the instinct and composure to keep it from crossing the goal line. Finally, I'll do the routine hand eye coordination exercises to solidly my glove and blocker skills, and put some work in on taking shots from the point. By the time that I suit up in the SHL, I will have built my foundation up to be rock solid. My overall excellence will prepare me for the next level.

[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] [Image: zmWhIQu.png]

350 Build

This is my current goal for my 350 build.  I'm looking for a two way defensemen style of play.  I want the ability to move the puck in all situations and create opportunities from the point on the power play without sacrificing the defensive part of the game. Players that first come to mind are Al MacInnis or Justin Faulk.  I would love the shot from MacInnis with the skating and passing of Faulk.  Limiting defensemen's shot accuracy of course makes this difficult and can't help draw comparisons to Fulton Reed but I'll work with the tools that are available.  I feel the reads on both sides of the puck will be important.  I don't want to be liability on either side which is why I'll save the flashier skills for later down the road.  I also don't want to go too deep into any category early with point increases that required at the higher levels.