Create Account

Hiring: WJC HO Members (2)

First of all, I want to thank @3lewsers for his dedication to the success of the WJC for so many seasons. I know how hard he worked to keep WJC running, and it is my wish that I can meet or exceed his high standard. I also want to thank the IIHF HO team for giving me a chance to run the show.

As many of you may know, the WJC has gone through a major staff transition recently. With all of management stepping down at the end of last season, we have some Head Office positions to fill. At this time, we will be hiring two (2) Head Office members to assist the Commissioner in running the WJC tournament. To help with the efficiency of management and specialization of duties, these two Head Office members will have slightly separate duties. Please see the descriptions below for details.

Both HO members will have the following general responsibilities:
Assisting the Commissioner with the running of the tournament
Ensuring GMs are completing their assigned duties
Assisting with administration of the WJC Discord and helping members with issues
Assisting the Commissioner with any special projects if necessary
Being present for WJC streams (on a rotation basis with other HO members if needed)

In addition to the above general responsibilities, each Head Office member will have a specialization:

WJC HO - Media and Excitement

The Head Office member that fills this position will have a focus on marketing the WJC to the league. Their main responsibility outside of general assisting is leading outreach campaigns to increase the profile of the tournament sitewide (written and graphic media, new user outreach, etc.)

It is not a secret that the WJC has always had issues of visibility on the site and spurring engagement within the community. We need an individual in this position that is able to think creatively and put in the work to help elevate the WJC tournament. It should be the mindset of this individual to create as much buzz about the tournament as possible.

WJC HO - Operations

The Head Office member that fills this position will have a focus on making sure all tournament operations go smoothly. Their main responsibility outside of general assisting is overseeing the Fileworker and Simmer to ensure all of their duties are met promptly and without error. Also ensuring dates of the tournament and sim times are collaborative with IIHF and the SMJHL.

The individual in this position will help the Commissioner ensure a smooth tournament. This individual should have decent knowledge of fileworking and simming to assist these special positions with any problems. When we advertise all the information about the tournament, the person in this role will ensure everything happens to plan.

Compensation for each position is $4,000,000 seasonally.

If interested, please send me a summary of your qualifications and why you are interested in the job. In addition, ideas or suggestions on how to improve the tourney experience would be beneficial for your application. The two individuals hired will be working collaboratively with myself to create the best WJC experience possible.

Only two individuals will be hired unless the qualifications and assets of more than two will help the profile of the WJC tournament. In the case that more than two are hired, the third and respective HO members will assist in a general capacity.

Please PM me on the site or DM on Discord at By-Tor#8621 with these details. I look forward to reviewing the applications.

Applications are due for these positions on Thursday, 10/27 at 12:00pm EST. A decision of hire should be announced Thursday night or Friday morning. (The tournament starts soon, so we need to hit the ground running!)

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Go get 'em, my friend!

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Unfortunately, I've received no applications for these roles. Please consider helping if you have the time. Thanks!

Bump. We got this tournament running (with some wrinkles), but I would love some help and fresh ideas for next year.

Bump. I would still like some help with tournament outreach and various duties. Thanks.