Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #1 - A day in the life of Bastien Primeau
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2022, 05:26 AM by Opera_Phantom. Edited 1 time in total.)

Here is a timed description of a day in the life of Detroit Falcons rookie Bastien Primeau.
Enjoy the read!

7:30 a.m.
I wake up and get greeted by my dog Steve. I dress up and head to the backyard to let him enjoy the early morning fresh air. I greet my father who I live with him, he was already up and then take a shower, brush my teeth and get dressed. Once I get downstairs, eat a quick breakfast with the old man which normally constitutes of cereals, orange juice, and a coffee, and feed my big boy Steve.

8:30 a.m. - I leave for the rink along with my father. Sometimes I might leave a little earlier but I have a busy day that day. On the way in, I usually listen to some electronic music and think about the day. That is when I don't talk about hockey or other things with my father. We talk about the latest in our sport, these days we talk a little more about baseball since the playoffs are on-going. We are big racing fans too, so of course, we talked about the latest F1 race.

9:00 a.m. - Arrive at the rink. Dad goes to talk with management like he always does. I usually get in and change into shorts and a t-shirt. Then I get a stick ready for the game and hang out with the guys before we get on the ice for practice.

10:15 a.m. - Morning skate. We get out there and try to loosen up a little bit and have some fun. Early in the skate, I don't take things too seriously, but my mind is on the job still. I might work on some things that I feel I need to concentrate on, lately, I've been looking to improve my speed and acceleration but it is just another way to get focused before the game.

10:35 a.m. - Meet with media after the morning skate. Today I was asked my prediction for the MLB World Series, my money is on Philadelphia but Houston won't be easy. At least they didn't cheat this time.

11:00 a.m. - After the morning skate we have our meetings. The coaches run through some videos to get us ready for the game.

12:00 p.m. -  We go to lunch at a local Deli place. I enjoy a bit of variety when I eat out but before a gave I try to stick to the same thing. Which is steak and eggs. It is nice because we don’t even have to order; they know we are coming and have it ready for us.

1:00 p.m. - Once I get home from lunch, I lay down and take a nap. Steve loves to cuddle with me during nap time.

3:00 p.m. - Wake up from my nap. Then I throw on a suit and say goodbye Steve. My dad is already at the arena, he actually never left having different people to meet as a Detroit Alumni.

4:00 p.m. - I leave for the rink. I listen to the radio on the way in and really start to focus on the game.

4:35 p.m. - Once I get to the rink, I like to hang out with the guys and throw a football around. Sometimes a baseball. It’s an easy way to relax and loosen up before the game.

5:30 p.m. - Pre-game meetings. The coaches give us the last run down on the opponent.

6:05 p.m. - I start getting all my gear on for the game. We’ve got music going in there and everyone is really focused at that point.

6:26 p.m. - On the ice for warm-ups.

7:08 p.m. -  It’s show time! Time to give it everything and show the Falcons administration why they did well to pick me in this season's draft.

9:30 – ??. - The game is over. We take post-game media and then I shower and change. I'm not in a rush to leave as I love being at the rink, so I make myself available for media, my coaches and the fans when someone wants an autograph or a selfie. My father drives us home once we're ready to leave.

Once home. - I grab a snack and try to relax a little. Lately, I've been playing Cyberpunk 2077, maybe I'll watch Edgerunner again. That show was just so good.

That's it!

741 words

@MrPrime APPROVED! +5 TPE