Chapter One: He Blinded me with Science

Chapter Two: An Offer you can't Refuse

Chapter Three: Dark Symbols

Chapter Four: Poetic Justice

Chapter Five: The Green Glow

[Image: Daniel_Swift_Signature-3_Carpy48.png]

Chapter Six: The Book Club

- - -

The University library stood like a massive temple dedicated to the greatest and most influential writings of all time. Row after row, after seemingly endless row, towered from floor to ceiling in a precise yet interconnected web of knowledge and history. For those entering for the first time, the library seemed quite intimidating like a boundless maze, where one could easily get lost without a guide.

Each book was studiously aligned with great care, yet despite the conservation effort, many gave off a musty/woody kind of smell, no doubt owing to their great age. Displaying such a vast volume of books in this fashion was obviously a labor of love, as the time and effort involved must have been staggering. A place for everything and everything in its place. Surely this was the mantra of the great librarian.

Somewhere deep in this perpetual maze, high on a ladder, was Professor Bo Okworm, resident expert in all things pertaining to ancient Greece. Dr. Okworm had made it his life's work to study various manuscripts, dialects and relics from the Hellenistic era. He was perhaps the world's leading authority on classical Greek culture and certainly one of the people you would most want to speak with to unravel a mystery from the Hellenic time frame. 

Thomas: "Dr. Okworm, are you here Dr. Okworm?!"

Dr. Okworm: "Is that you Thomas? Yes, I'm in row 69. Just keep heading west!"

Several minutes later, Thomas encountered the esteemed professor perched high on his ladder, while diligently searching for a needle in a haystack.

Dr. Okworm: "Ah, here we are, the Definitive Work on Proto-Greek from Antiquity. This should be just what we need. Thomas, hold the ladder while I come down."

Okworm climbed down carefully, one rung at a time, with one hand on the ladder and the other grasping the enormous volume. Upon reaching the ground, he turned to give Thomas a proper greeting. "So good to see you my boy," Okworm began, "how have you been?"

Thomas: "Very good professor, and I brought the object I was telling you about."

Dr. Okworm: "Ah yes, yes. The uh, puck I believe, with the glowing Greek letters. Here, here, let me see it."

As he put on his reading glasses to take a better look, Okworm looked every bit the stuffy university type. His hair was unkempt, his clothes badly wrinkled and he always seemed to be searching for a pen he could never find. As he examined the puck in question, Okworm began to verbally "ooh and aah".

Thomas: "What does that mean? Is that good?" Thomas had a million such questions racing through his brain, but his mouth wasn't nearly fast enough to keep up.

Dr. Okworm: "Aha! Yes, this is definitely an ancient dialect that hasn't been seen in over two thousand years. But how did it come to be on the side of something new?"

Thomas: "I don't know. I just found it that way."

Dr. Okworm: "Tell you what, leave it here with me son, and I'll translate it for you."

Thomas: "Thank you professor!"

- - - - - - -

To be continued...

Quote:627 Words

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!