Create Account

Twitter

This thread might be kind of out there and I won’t say I have easy answers myself, but hopefully this can spark a good discussion.

Obviously y’all have probably seen the news by now that Twitter is now owned by Elon Musk. With that has come some concerning developments including massive staffing cuts and potential changes to the way content and users are moderated on the platform.

The question I’m going to just throw out there as a hypothetical: is there an alternative site that could serve the site’s needs for a social connection while reducing dependence on a potentially unstable Twitter, and is this something we want to consider? This would be a decision that could be coordinated with other sim leagues, but reducing the degree to which the SHL indirectly financially helps Twitter, and thus Elon Musk, as well as residual exposure to potentially increased levels of misinformation with decreased moderation controls, could be an interesting conversation to have if it’s possible. Would bringing back fake site Twitter still be feasible, as an option?

Thoughts?

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Honestly also been thinking of this since I deactivated my personal twitter but still want that cash

honestly if there were a twitter alternative I think people would already be moving there

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

just elminate twitter payouts. Make more media

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

We’re already discussing. Feel free to message me directly if you’re curious.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

I've already built an alternative, HO should be talking about it soon.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

11-05-2022, 08:43 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: I've already built an alternative, HO should be talking about it soon.
y’all are so efficient wow

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2022, 11:14 PM by Zap. Edited 2 times in total.)

I am fine with twitter. I don't mind using it. But an alternative place would be okay too. Just don't force everyone to go there.

11-05-2022, 08:46 PMZap Wrote: I ame fine with twitter. I don't mind using it. But an alternative place would be okay too. Just don't force everyone to go there.
I think it’s probably best for site cohesion that we pick one, but HO seems to be on top of it.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2022, 08:57 PM by Zap. Edited 1 time in total.)

11-05-2022, 08:49 PMboom Wrote:
11-05-2022, 08:46 PMZap Wrote: I ame fine with twitter. I don't mind using it. But an alternative place would be okay too. Just don't force everyone to go there.
I think it’s probably best for site cohesion that we pick one, but HO seems to be on top of it.
whatever they decide I will be okay with it. Just truthfully, I wont make a new account somewhere else. Just easier for me to use twitter.

edit- ok i prob would make an account where ever u guys go, i love this community too much to not be involved hahahhaa

We're already looking into it.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

everyone will now be required to run an SHL MySpace account and if you don’t have all of HO in your top 8 you get charged money instead of making it.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Follow me on Tumblr, y'all.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

11-05-2022, 08:56 PM_Blitz_ Wrote: Follow me on Tumblr, y'all.

Happy out of touch Thursday

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

11-05-2022, 08:53 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: everyone will now be required to run an SHL MySpace account and if you don’t have all of HO in your top 8 you get charged money instead of making it.

i laughed out loud