Create Account

S68 PT #0: RollerCoaster Tycoon Due: November 20th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Player Prompt
It certainly has been a roller coaster of a career thus far for Roderic Banes, and things are only just getting started! 
After some promising seasons as a young Patriote, Roddy persevered and continued to improve as the team.did the same. After posting a career high in Season 66, he followed up with a slight drop off in Season 67, even as the team enjoyed its deepest playoff run in franchise history.

But the most interesting point of his career is just beginning. Putting the teams needa above his own personal ambition, Roddy has moved back in the lineup to man the blue line for Montreal in season 68. Already a solid two-way player who prides himself on his defensive responsobility, the move will hopefully prove a natural one.

With the growth of their still-young forward core, and essentially adding an 1800 tpe defender, Montreal.seems poised to build on last seasons sucesses, and Roddy B will continue to be a part of that.

[Image: banes.png]

PLAYER PROMPT
Kezia’s short career has been one of frustration. They’ve done everything they possibly can to improve as a player, but the results just haven’t been there as of yet, at least offensively. From their debut in the SMJHL at the end of the S64 season, they’ve shown flashes of offensive talent while struggling to maintain anything better than a .75 ppg pace during their career with the Regina Elk. Still, they managed to build a strong defensive game, finishing near the top of the league in hits multiple times. Also of note is Kezia’s playoff scoring – They’ve always been able to find that next gear in the post season, something that was highlighted in the S66 season when they had 12 points in 10 games to lead the team. Looking towards the future, Kezia is now joining the ranks of a powerhouse Atlanta Inferno team, and time will tell how their skill-set will translate to the pro level. (158 words)

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno

Written Task: Describe the most incredible roller coaster you can that's themed like your SHL/SMJHL team. What does it do, what does it look like, and why are people going to pay double the regular ticket price to be able to ride it before they watch the game? How are you going to include your teams branding and overall vibe? (150+ words)

I don't often pick the creative task for my PT's, but an Aurora themed roller coaster? That's a great idea in the making. I can help management out with that. I'll let the designers design a cool ass roller coaster. Something fun with some high peaks and some loopty-loops and some sections where you spin around in circles. You're normal, fun run of the mill roller coaster. But the twist is that I would build this roller coaster in an enclosed structure around the track itself. And the entire inside is basically a crazy ass light show. The walls are mirrors and TV screens that project crazy aurora and light visuals. Super trippy shit. So you're just flying through this roller coaster at a high speed, in the dark, with crazy visuals going on, kinda like if you were at a dance club or something. Except you're on a roller coaster. I feel like that would be a tourist attraction in itself. You could offer package deals to ride the roller coaster with tickets to the games.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Player Prompt:

Matiss Ozolinsh's career has not gotten off to the strong start that he had hoped for since being drafted by Newfoundland in the SMJHL Draft. During the first season with Newfoundland Ozolinsh had 15 goals and 16 assists finishing 7th on the team in points while having the least ATOI for the entire team. These stats seem pretty good based on productivity vs. playing time however, the season also did not go as planned due to Newfoundland coming in last place. Being on the last place team was not the most enjoyable time that Matiss has had playing hockey, but even though the season did not go as planned the locker room was a very enjoyable experience and Matiss is looking forward to the next season with Newfoundland. With only having one year in the league Matiss has a lot of growing to do and has been working on his game throughout the off season and is looking forward to showing what he can do in the next couple seasons with Newfoundland. I think both Matiss and Newfoundland will shock a lot of people next year and for years to come.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2022, 02:08 AM by Spartan.)

[quote pid='3289699' dateline='1669006916']
ignore 
[/quote]

Player Prompt:

I would say that in Joans career, there have definitely been some highs and lows, but it for sure started with a high of Winning the 4 star cup in his first season in the SMJHL with the Berserkers. After that I wouldn't say another high would be winning the dman of the year award in his final season in the J, and then being called up to the Panthers of the SHL. There he had a pretty solid rookie season, although he and the panthers would not see too much playoff success for the next few seasons. There were many close calls but ultimately falling short of the prize could be considered a low for sure, but in S65, there was definitely another high in Winning his first Challenge cup with the Panthers after years of chasing, as well that season he won the dman of the season award. Just one big high that season 65 season was. Another high would be winning the Challenge cup again this past season with the Argos

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Creative Prompt
Fortunately for the Great Falls Grizzlies, we would have the ability to place a large grizzly bear statue outside our stadium. That said, the roller coaster would begin with a steep climb, leading to a peak where the entirety of Great Falls would be within view. Following a steep drop, the ride would corkscrew around the grizzly bear & would continue around the entire stadium with some loops and other maneuvers along the way to keep things interesting. The grandiose of such a design isn’t reflective of the Great Falls Grizzlies’ character itself, per se, but is reflective of the team’s commitment to providing fans with a positive experience. The design would be enticing enough to get roller coaster enthusiasts and borderline fans on board to go see a game in order to experience the arena-sureounding rollercoaster. We would also have a photo booth, where we would give out photos snapped at various points throughout the coaster. This would give fans a sense of rememberance, while also having GFG branding.

PLAYER PROMPT

The short summary of Slip McScruff's career "so far" will likely fill the entire 150 word prompt.

He was drafted in S44 by the St. Louis Scarecrows.  He played in the SMJHL for 3 seasons, winning the Four Star Cup each time.  He was captain for the middle year, and mentor for the final.

In S45, he was drafted 13 OA by Winnipeg.  He joined them full time in S47, playing a full 14 year career for the Jets / Aurora.  They made a couple runs in the playoffs, making the finals against Buffalo once, but never sealed the deal.  For some time, he was captain, although I don't remember the season span.  By the time luke stopped counting, Slip McScruff had taken over franchise records for both hits and blocked shots.

During this time, he was also a major player on team USA in the IIHF.  He won three early golds in S50, S51, and S53, then came back later in S63 for a 4th.

In S61, Slip McScruff was traded partway through the season to the New Orleans Specters, accruing a nice total of 69 games played that season.  At this point in his career, Slip McScruff became a journeyman, bouncing between teams on short contracts trying to plug holes in the bottom of their rosters.  He played 3 seasons for New Orleans, 1 for Los Angeles, 2 for Baltimore, back to New Orleans for S67 and now back to Baltimore for S68.

After having success in most places except the SHL playoffs, he is now just stubbornly refusing to die. He is trying to play for as long as his body can physically hold up, until no team will put him on the roster.  He has a small ways to go to take over the league record for shots blocked and he's trying to crack the top 5 for hits.  However, his hits have fallen way off and he is now chasing Andreas Kvalheim who is the other old relic still in the league from S45.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2022, 03:25 AM by FuzzSHL.)

Quote:Written Task:  Give me a short summary of your player's career so far. What are the highs? What are the lows? What parts of their history have shaped who they are as a player? What are they excited about next? Think of it like you're pitching your player for a special on ESPN. Why would your career make a great story? (150+ words)

Aleksi Kettu is looking to finally make the jump up to the big leagues this season after riding out his last season of juniors eligibility. He spent most of his junior career with the Carolina Kraken, unfortunately not being able to help the Kraken find a winning record over his time in Charlotte. At the S67 SMJHL trade deadline, Kettu found himself packing his bags and heading to St Louis to try and help their playoff push before he lost his SMJHL eligibility. While St Louis put up a hard fight in the playoffs, with Kettu managing an astounding 24 points in 18 games, they ultimately fell short of the Four Star Cup, losing to Quebec City in 7 games in the Semifinals of the playoffs. Kettu comes to Los Angeles with the Panthers in a dire needs of any help at all. With a Challenge Cup victory still fresh on the minds of Panthers fans, the upcoming seasons are going to be tough to watch. Kettu, alongside draft peer Reed Kobo, hope to give Panther fans something to cheer about while the team undergoes its first rebuild under Fox McCloud's management.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

YOu are asking me about roller coasters? Well I, for one, am not you guy due to the fact that I do not like roller coasters, not because I am afraid of heights, because I am not afraid of heights, in fact I want to go sky diving, that is something I would like to do before I turn 30, but most likely because I am not in control, I feel like I am having a heart attack. Any who, that is neither here nor there, and if I am tasked to create a thrilling and exiting roller coaster, themed like the Hamilton Steelhawks of the Simulation Hockey League, who am I to complain? I am going to do a great, nay, an amazing job at this because I can do thrill, I can do excitement, I can do fun. I am going to make a crazy long, track with so many loops the G force of it all might actually kill you, and its going to be shaped in the image of a hawk, with the wings flapping, similar to the way the coaster at Disneyland looks like mickey mouse. Very fun, very cool, might kill you?

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

I think a cool idea for a roller coaster themed around my SHL team, the New England Wolfpack would be a dark themed roller coaster called "Into The Wolf's Den". I envision as the roller coaster being one that's mostly in the dark with a lot of spookier light and sound effects to scare anyone on the ride. I think in order to fit the New England Wolfpack theme and to best fit our team's identity something along the lines of a scary/horror roller coaster would easily be the best fit as well as the most impactful. Something that is decently speedy, spooky and with a lot of jump scares to keep the excitement up just like the fun, exciting, competitive atmosphere Wolfpack fans can come to expect if they visit our games. With the youth from the prospects starting to come around onto the team, this could be a great opportunity to sell fans on what the teams made of and what they can be in a few years after a few rebuilding years

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

There are so many different theming ideas that could work for the barracuda. You have names like "sharkbait, the dunk tank, the shark tank, open ocean, castaway" (but for legal purposes that is already owned...) but the name that we decided to go with was a simpler one in "Deep Blue". Deep blue starts like any other seated metal rollercoaster. The original design wanted to have it be an inverted stand up rollercoaster however our legal department knows that too many people would slip out and it would just become a deathtrap. So for this lackluster seated rollercoaster, the seats are lifeboat orange and the rails are blue like water and just like in Rollercoaster Tycoon this ride you get shot up vertically up 419 feet into the air and then plunge down into what appears to be a lake of water filled with "sharks with laser beams" attached to their "fricking heads". however there is a chute where the track goes below this lake and then comes out from under the water elsewhere and that's the ride it's more of a speed and thrill ride.

I love rollercoasters so I have great ideas. The coaster would be a dueling coaster style, With each car being a buffalo. As the cars moved, there would be buffalo cutout type things on either side that moved up and down so it looks like 2 buffalo are running next to each other, like a stampede. During the middle of the ride, the coaster would dive under the parking lot into a cool tunnel part with big screens that would make it look like you were running with more buffalo in a big field. This would be a great attraction and make it very different from other coasters, and it would be an attraction in itself even for people not into hockey. They would come from all around the world to experience a unique coaster. I would make sure they ran many cars at the same time so it always looks like there is a stampede running around the arena.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate