Create Account

S68 PT #0: RollerCoaster Tycoon Due: November 20th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Creative Prompt

To boost attendance in a down season, the San Francisco Pride are happy to introduce the Hunting Ground coaster. Starting from the entrance to the concourse, this extreme coaster aims to recreate the twists and turns of a real lion hunting down its prey in a pack. The coaster is located in a large building next to Chase Center to allow for a savannah aesthetic to be created with indoor lighting. The launched coaster's lion-themed cars are propelled out of the station through electromagnets and up the coaster's largest hill before rolling into an inverted dive back towards ground level. The coaster then goes through a series of hills, drops, inversions, twists and turns that carry it both above and below the grasslands in pursuit of the lion's prey. It finishes its thrilling ride by encountering a steep rolling dive into the coaster's final below-ground segment, its final pounce to end the hunt. Guests will pay to ride the coaster because it has the highest speeds and most inversions to give its patrons the hair-raising thrills they want.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022, 08:38 PM by teztify. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt

Although the career of Tummy Hurts has been short, it has indeed been noteworthy, and carries with it the promise of even more intrigue as time goes on. Tummy was undrafted as he entering the SMJHL, landing with the Newfoundland Berserkers after hitting the waiver wire. The goaltender quickly made an impact, both on the ice and off. Complaining often of his sore tummy, Tummy could always be found socializing with the guys in catering - a real boost to the staff at Mary Browns Centre. On the ice, Tummy overcame his aching tummy, managing to offer the struggling Berserkers a somewhat reliable option in goal. More importantly, he offered the team a young option between the pipes, one who could develop into their goalie of the future through their rebuild. Tummy has now done just that, and is poised to break out in his sophomore SMJHL season. From there, Tummy hopes to crack the Chicago Syndicate roster - but first, the Four Star Cup - and the celebratory dinner - are in sight.

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

I've experienced a little bit of everything during my SHL career.

Drafted by the Monarchs in Season 56, there was a lot of expectations placed on me. I was expected to become an elite player who could help lead teams to wins. That didn't quite go as planned in Minnesota. 4 seasons spent in Minnesota, 2 playoff appearances, both knocked out in the first round. Rock bottom was my 3rd season with Minnesota, regressing offensively from the previous season and just not being helpful enough to my team.

Then, I hit free agency and decide to leave Minnesota for Los Angeles. My player finally breaks out and puts up big numbers, helping LA to 6 playoff appearances and 1 Challenge Cup. That Challenge Cup win in Season 65 was the highest of highs for my player. Helping the team bring a championship back to LA after a huge drought was something that I'll cherish forever.

Now, I find myself traded away from a rebuilding LA to a win-now Toronto. As I wind down, I appreciate the chance to battle for another Challenge Cup and I'm ready to help this North Stars team in any way that I can.

(198 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Dirty Boots has had a bit of an interesting career but also somewhat dull. It started off great in Detroit with a great rookie season helping Ty Murphy with assists before he moved up to the big leagues. After that things started to change. While Boots became Captain of the Detroit Falcons in his sophomore season, without Murphy his stats started to drop. But Boots focused on the team as opposed to just his own stats. That theme carried on until the Texas Renegades decided they wanted to call up Boots after his third season in the SMJHL. Boots had a quiet start in Texas as he started to get familiar with the SHL. Eventually he found himself moving up fairly quickly but Texas's success was fading, and Boots was struggling to find his place as the team was starting to come off its winning ways. Now Boots is a key part of the defense in Texas. And after a hard working off season where he's rounded off his game, Boots is ready to get on the ice and prove something. That he can be a leader as well as help his team ok the scoresheet again. This season will be one to watch as Boots attempts to have his best season yet.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

PT pass because I am legally not allowed on roller coasters.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

Player prompt

After half a season transitioning from Russian beer leagues to the SMJHL, Ekaterina Valieva managed to be... not that bad. I mean, yeah, she WAS bad. On the ice and off the ice. During the last ten games though, she understood what she was supposed to do. She even managed to score a few goals. We were expecting nothing during the playoffs, but she did pretty well, with 3 points in 5 games. What surprised every WJC analyst is how she managed to finish 9th in assists, 7th in plus-minus, 6th in shot%, and 2nd in hits during the tournament while playing on UCORCAL's third line. Even if playing with Sophie Bordeleau did get her an advantage, it was still surprising to see her gain confidence so quickly.

Her performance in the last weeks of the season was better than her first 35 games. Her playoff games were much better than her season. And her 9 points in 12 games during the WJC is the best performance she gave so far... It has not been a roller coaster so far, it has been a steady climb. Unless rumours of her being involved in an illegal betting scandal turn out to be true, the future looks bright in Kelowna for this prospect.

WC: 211 words.

Creative Prompt:
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 is actually one of my, if not the most, favorite video games of all time so this prompt was designed for me. Our roller coaster would be titled the "Polar Bear Plummet", it would obviously be ice, polar bear and aurora themed with multicolor aurora colored tracks, ice instead of flames on the side of the carts and fake polar bears throughout the coaster. The coaster starts out with you slowing going trough a the mouth of a giant polar bear head and then getting pulled up a hill. Once you get to the top, the coaster corkscrews down into a tunnel where animatronic bears roar and swat at the cart. The coaster then exits into a loop de loop before going through some embankments with various polar bear and ice scenery. The ride then goes back up on a smaller him before shooting you down into the second and last tunnel where inside is beautiful illumination of the northern lights, the ride then exist the tunnel and loops you back to the start for the end of the coaster.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

so far aleksandr iskandrovs career has had many highs and many lows. he started off with a rough season in kelowna, but was traded to the whalers the season after. that first season in Vancouver was also a struggle, as the entire team was still developing. his second season in Vancouver brought very high success, as the whalers had a decent playoff run, were at the top of the league for the first half of the season, and iskandrov was the leading scorer in the j. He ended up sweeping the offensive player awards, winning the leading scorer trophy, MVP voted by the committee and MVP voted by the players. Now, he is making his debut in a young and developing hamilton steelhawks roster as the first line center, and powerplay time. we will see if he makes the jump and brings the same offensive capabilities in the big leagues.

150 words

[Image: izzy.PNG]

PLAYER PROMPT: I would definitely say that I’m satisfied with my player career, and I see it as a success even if I had to retire immediately. My career didn’t start how I wanted, because I never felt like I performed as well as I should have when I was in the SMJHL. My average performance at that level made me want to get to the top level as soon as I could, and this is when I started to perform at a level that was finally satisfying to me. This is why I think the lowest point of my career was when I was in the SMJHL. We also didn’t have a great team down there. My highest points have come in the last two seasons and are both based on my personal and my team success, but, at the end of the day, nothing can beat winning trophies and that why my highest points are the SHL championship with Atlanta last season and the IIHF tournament victory with Norway this year.

171 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Code:
Give me a short summary of your player's career so far. What are the highs? What are the lows? What parts of their history have shaped who they are as a player? What are they excited about next? Think of it like you're pitching your player for a special on ESPN. Why would your career make a great story? (150+ words)

"I am Chamberlain".

In the career of Strom Chamberlain, to say it was a roller coaster ride would be quite accurate, if not an underrated statement.  Figuratively "washed up" by scouts from his days in the minors, he had almost given up on being an SHL goaltender...until the call came from Anaheim that he was going to be drafted to the SMJHL in Season 51 (first high).  After learning the ropes as a relative unknown person by all accounts, he backstopped the Outlaws to a 4-Star Cup in Season 52 (second high) along with getting drafted to Winnipeg and getting his first call up to the majors (back up duty, but majors regardless.  First in his draft class).  Then came the slump in Season 53, including a $600,000 fine and a week suspension from play (first major low), and failing to secure a gold in WJC (second low).  Then another cup run in 54 where the Outlaws would lose to Carolina in an extremely tight back and forth series (another low) but turn around and lead Team USA to their first WJC gold in ten seasons.   From there, getting a few more gold in IIHF, and routinely being an underdog in a multi-class grouping of Hall of Fame worthy professional goaltenders (Jobin, Vilde, Carpet, Doyle, Del Vecchio, etc) and earning an unofficial triple-gold but continuing to never make the finals until going to Tampa Bay....and losing as he slowly fades into obscurity.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Player Prompt

Dusty Rhodes career has been a short one but already the roller coaster is in effect. Last season he finished worse than the season before. With the unbanking to 425 I'd anticipate an uptick in his stats this season. Rhodes has been a real roller coaster emotionally however. Coming into the league as an enforcer, Rhodes was anxious to show his physical play style. He trained in gyms and got his fighting skill honed in an effort to protect his more skilled teammates. This however has not happened for Rhodes at all. In fact he's one of the least penalized players on the Armada. Even his hits aren't top on the team. This has been very frustrating for Rhodes as he's not been the player he wanted to be. He's not sure if reputation preceded him and other teams are scared of him or he just hasn't been aggressive enough. He added to his aggression and bravery in an attempt to shake out of the rut he's been in. Hopefully he'll get his first fight in the upcoming season.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

The Wolfpack has decided to rebuild their entire arena in a way to attract more and more fans when games aren't underway. In an impressive show, they have decided to create a rollercoaster that encircles the entire building. Called the Wolf, the rollercoaster itself is in the shape of a ferocious wolf. Customers will find themselves riding along the back of the wolf, entering its mouth, and coming out of its butt in the various loops and thrills that accompany this attraction. Along the way there will be animatronic hockey players taking slapshots around them and lots and lots of howling. This is a considered a separate attraction from the games and so has a separate ticket to go on the ride. Anyone can purchase this at any time including in the middle of a game. One of the features is a one way glass roof where rollercoaster aficionados can a get a glimpse of the game from a birds eye view as the ride turns upside down right above the ice.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Code:
PLAYER PROMPT- Ok, ok, I hear you. You're a hockey player, not a roller coaster designer! Fine. Let's talk about your player then! Careers in the SHL can be like a roller coaster. You might change teams, have shots at greatness, hit rock bottom, get drafted, retire, score big goals, make huge mistakes, the whole nine yards!

Written Task:  Give me a short summary of your player's career so far. What are the highs? What are the lows? What parts of their history have shaped who they are as a player? What are they excited about next? Think of it like you're pitching your player for a special on ESPN. Why would your career make a great story? (150+ words)

So far, my career has been extremely successful. Despite being passed over multiple times during the SMJHL draft, I eventually went to Vancouver and helped them win a championship. I was named the captain my last season in the league. I was a first round selection to Seattle and have grown with the team all the way to winning a championship last season. I also was fortunate enough to be a part of a World Junior Championship as a part of Team USA. Following that season I decided to transfer to Team Great Britain and have been so close to winning there which would complete my goal of being a Quad Gold member. We are looking to go all uphill from here with Seattle on a warpath to repeat as champions. It is nice to have been honored last season with a letter, being named the Assistant Captain prior to the season. Now it is up to me to continue to grow and take over the top defensive spot in Seattle and help lead the team back to the promise land.

181 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Written Task:

Okay, so a rollercoaster that is in the shape of a Calgary Dragon you can ride would actually be the greatest thing ever. I wouldn't make it an outdoor coaster though, it would be in a state of the art metrodome that had virtual reality technology but still an actual roller coater on a track. So you could decide where you wanted your dragon to fly, whether it be space, or a city you can fly through. Possibly even a city you could destroy whilst flying around. Or a fictional world of your choice, it would all be programable. The track would of course have lifts and loopity doops because those are great. Possibly even like one of those launch slingshot things at the end so the gravity is realistic while your dragon is attempting to land. You have to hold on a saddle while all this is going on...and a harness, we wouldn't want the insurance premiums too high now... Anyway. This would be awesome.

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]