Create Account

James Blaine Pre Draft Interview

Today we are here with Prince George Firebirds right winger James Blaine. Blaine had a decent first season in the NWJHL with averaging just under a point every other game. James started the season as a player who could absolutely rip the puck in the offensive zone, but could not do much else. After his first season, Blaine spent much time training and working on his other attributes such as endurance and skating. Blaine looks to get better over the offseason and really hopes to make the SHL next year.

[Image: kedhdv.jpg]

“Its every kids dream to play in the SHL one day. Since the start of last season I have tried to work my ass off and get better everyday im on the ice. Last year was a good test for me. I bounced around all 4 lines and got to see what its like being a first line player and what it feels like to be a fourth line player getting only a few minutes a game. What I learned is that it isn’t about how much you play, but what you can do in the small amount of time you get.”

Since being eliminated in the NWJHL playoffs, James went back to his house in San Jose, California where he will spend some time relaxing and recuperating after a long season.

[Image: j80j1z.jpg]

“40 games in the NWJHL can really make you tired. Im going to spend about a month here with some family just relaxing and taking it easy. Starting next month, I will fly back to Prince George and start working out with some of the boys from the Firebirds. I cant wait to get back and see them. Im hoping Pivs (Pivonka) will still be there. He shocked us all when he came out and said he was going to retire. I never really got to say bye to him.”

When asking James about his future goals for this upcoming season, James was confident in his answer.

“Im going to make the SHL. I will do everything I can to make it. If for some reason I don’t, my goal in the NWJHL next season will be to get about 40+ points and help lead the Firebirds to a championship.”

James will now turn his focus to working and being drafted in the SHL. For those who don’t know, James was a 5th round draft pick in the NWJHL to Montreal. 8 games into the season, Blaine was traded to Prince George upon request to play with Corey Tripp.

Code:
420 words
2 pictures

Good luck man!

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia