Chapter Four: Poetic Justice

Chapter Five: The Green Glow

Chapter Six: The Book Club

Chapter Seven: Police Tape

Chapter Eight: The Plot Thickens

[Image: Daniel_Swift_Signature-3_Carpy48.png]

Chapter Nine: Lights Camera Action

- - -

The television studio was bright, spacious and tastefully decorated with modern furniture. Amid all the cameras and cables, a handful of production assistants scurried to and fro in anticipation of the live segment about to begin. With final preparations complete, the on air light changed from red to green and the host began to speak.

Willie Stroker: "Good evening ladies and gentleman, and welcome back to the SHL Tonight studio, where we bring you the latest and greatest in and around the exciting world of the SHL! Tonight, we have a very special guest, a man who is intimately involved with helping make all this exciting action possible, please welcome Chief Engineer Thomas Tinkle!"

The host turns his head from the camera just long enough to give Thomas a warm nod of recognition.

Willie Stroker: "Now for those who don't know, Thomas is the man behind all the beautiful pucks that make our game possible. And I have to say a number of people have already told me just how happy they are with the new designs!"

Thomas: "Well thank you very much! Our development team worked long and hard to come up with several new designs that we feel help capture the exciting rhythm of the SHL! The logos are all hand made with each team's unique history in mind, and we believe they reflect the many positive aspects of the league."

Willie Stroker: "That's great. They do look amazing, but let me ask you, do you have any thoughts on the record number of goal posts that are being hit this year?"

Thomas: "Uh, no. We make the pucks, we don't shoot them." With that, Thomas started wriggling uncomfortably in his chair as he wasn't sure where this line of questioning was going.

Willie Stroker: "Of course, but what about all the experts who've commented on the fact that an abnormally high number of pucks are taking strange bounces into the crowd?"

[Image: Wild_Puck-1_525x350.png]

Thomas: "Uh, I'm sorry, but uh, I'm not a physics professor."

Willie Stroker: "No of course not, but you do make the pucks, so... are you putting anything strange in them?"

For a brief moment, Thomas was flush with the horror of a man caught out on national television. There was an awkward silence, followed by a quick breath as he tried to recover as best he could. "Absolutely not," he replied still groping for the words that would make this all go away. "We use only 100% pure natural rubber, and we've been very up front about releasing our list of additives."

Willie Stroker: "All right then, there you have it, straight from the horse's mouth. Thank you Engineer Tinkle, and we certainly hope everything returns to normal soon."

- - - - - - -

To be continued...

Quote:622 Words

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!