Create Account

World Cup 2022 Qatar

Genuinely excited myself for this World Cup to start. If you have a team you’re rooting for and a team you predict to win, I’d like to start convo here for it.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

I'm team "boycott the country that is a mess of human rights violations" myself.

Been to multiple US National Team games these last few years, won't be paying attention to this at all.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

On the same boat as @sve7en here. Canada may have qualified for its first WC in however many years, but all of it is overshadowed for me by the endless negatives associated with the host nation.

11-18-2022, 11:42 PMsve7en Wrote: I'm team "boycott the country that is a mess of human rights violations" myself.

Been to multiple US National Team games these last few years, won't be paying attention to this at all.
I want to try and get over that hump tbh. I don’t like what fifa has decided to go with, but I don’t see the point in bringing politics into it so I just try to ignore them and just pay attention to the sporting event.

but I completely understand where you are coming from. I know a ton of people feel that way as well.

Booooooo

fuck FIFA and fuck this sham of a tournament

boooooo

(but if you're excited about it then I hope you have a good time)

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

I have never cared about this sport and never watched it, but at least this year I can simply do what everyone else does and boycott the entire thing.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

It's coming home! (not really, but one can dream)

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Sweden didn't make it so probably wont watch eh

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

11-19-2022, 02:37 AMShylo_Moxii Wrote: I don’t see the point in bringing politics into it so I just try to ignore them and just pay attention to the sporting event.

"not wanting to bring politics into things" is exactly what lets countries, companies, etc. get away with terrible things

"my neighbor kills dogs and buries them in his backyard but I try not to bring politics into our Sunday afternoon softball game"

[Image: lespoils.gif]

11-19-2022, 12:07 AMRandominoe Wrote: On the same boat as @sve7en here. Canada may have qualified for its first WC in however many years, but all of it is overshadowed for me by the endless negatives associated with the host nation.
Same here. Canada’s in it which is cool, but Qatar never should have been awarded the Cup in the first place.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2022, 11:53 AM by boom. Edited 1 time in total.)

11-19-2022, 11:41 AMlespoils Wrote:
11-19-2022, 02:37 AMShylo_Moxii Wrote: I don’t see the point in bringing politics into it so I just try to ignore them and just pay attention to the sporting event.

"not wanting to bring politics into things" is exactly what lets countries, companies, etc. get away with terrible things

"my neighbor kills dogs and buries them in his backyard but I try not to bring politics into our Sunday afternoon softball game"
Not to mention that even looking past the whole slavery thing, they had to move it to winter because soccer cannot physically be played there in the summer when the World Cup would happen, and also the whole corruption thing.

EDIT: not to mention that LGBTQ+ fans can’t go to the games because their identity is illegal

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2022, 12:00 PM by Fluw. Edited 1 time in total.)

Fyre Festival 2.0. Apparently parts of the fan village aren't even finished being built. The whole thing is just corruption at its finest.

Also proud of the teams telling fifa to fuck off and they are still going to wear their one love armbands. *because fifa asked them not to.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

11-19-2022, 02:37 AMShylo_Moxii Wrote:
11-18-2022, 11:42 PMsve7en Wrote: I'm team "boycott the country that is a mess of human rights violations" myself.

I want to try and get over that hump tbh. I don’t like what fifa has decided to go with, but I don’t see the point in bringing politics into it so I just try to ignore them and just pay attention to the sporting events

Everything about this World Cup, from the attribution process to Fifa itself and everything in between IS politics. Nobody is bringing politics into this, its already highly political and it has mostly to do with the host nation being discriminatory hate-fueled bigots that see this world cup as nothing more than a geopolitical power move and a marketing ploy. Fuck Qatar tbh. Their medieval ways and human rights disastrous views are not to be endorsed and at this point, following the WC is doing just that.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

a misogynistic, homophobic, desert slave state that sucks at football buys a sporting event to do sportwashing

“but football”

Just ignoring politics is privilege. So many people don’t get to have that.

11-19-2022, 11:47 AMboom Wrote:
11-19-2022, 12:07 AMRandominoe Wrote: On the same boat as @sve7en here. Canada may have qualified for its first WC in however many years, but all of it is overshadowed for me by the endless negatives associated with the host nation.
Same here. Canada’s in it which is cool, but Qatar never should have been awarded the Cup in the first place.
this I can 1,000% agree with. 2026 will be hosted in North America and 48 Teams will be included from there on. So I would say it should get better. And the 2030 World Cup bid is Portugal Spain and Ukraine with Greece Saudi Arabia and Egypt and the third bid is Uruguay Argentina and Paraguay so I would say it'll get better along the way, but if I actually went into politics I would fully agree with you it was a sham of a selection for the 2022 Bidding process.