Create Account

World Cup 2022 Qatar

Canada gets eliminated, removing the only reason we actually had to watch this thing.

Skip to the end?

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

11-27-2022, 05:45 PMboom Wrote: Canada gets eliminated, removing the only reason we actually had to watch this thing.

Skip to the end?
Still got USA with a shot to advance

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Hosts a world cup

Loses all games

Classic

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

11-25-2022, 04:50 PMboom Wrote: Qatar loses to Senegal and is out in the first round.

All that bribery just to do that.
Reminder that you could have held this tournament in Australia instead, and everyone would be allowed to drink booze

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Japan number one!

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: IMG_8377.png]

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

The funny bit is that the tournament would've been fun if it had a better host. Given the timing of the competition itself, most of the teams participating came on short notice so their football's less concise and more of a rolling mess. Sucks that the knockout stages now only include the teams that are most likely gonna be able to sort of maneuver around that to keep their standards high, so the likelihood of surprises is mostly gonna lay on the odds they lose loads of players to injury like Brazil's about to get.

Gotta say I did try to not watch the games but I still live in Brazil, I'd know pretty much everything about the games even if I didn't watch because people wouldn't shut up about them. Hell, I never thought I'd see my mom yelling about Belgium not scoring a goal but turns out that already happened... mostly because she bet on them and they didn't score, good job. But the last couple of days, I kinda didn't really watch any of the matches. Literally didn't watch yesterday's games due to timing with other things and the fact we're moving houses means there's tons of work to do.

I feel like this tournament's gonna be mostly a net loss, tbh. Whoever wins it gets stuck with the asterisk of winning a World Cup during a pandemic, at a crappy host and at the wrong time of the year. It's too expensive to go there and even if you do go there, it's too expensive to do anything at the place for it to even be interesting for a trip. Even for like really rich tourists, you can't do most fun things in Qatar because basically everything is curtailed under Qatari law. Sure, they have the right to rule inside their own land and all but fuck if it makes for a dire place to visit. I also feel the games burnt out hard people in their continuous succession, the sole things that have been a repeated feature of this end of spring so far here in Rio have been at least two games a day and a storm after midday, with the caveat that those games sure ain't getting any better.

And then, there's good old FIFA making a bad situation even worse. No, Infantino. You don't feel gay, you avaricious cumsponge. You don't feel like an explored migrant worker, you barefaced shitsucker. And you especially don't feel Qatari, you utter absolute waste of oxygen and nutrients because a Qatari wouldn't fit either of those descriptions down to a T under the penalty of death! Hope someone leaks shit that you did to a staffer so you fuck off from the face of the Earth.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Grant Wahl, US soccer journalist, has passed away. His brother posted a video on Instagram saying that he believes he was murdered (Wahl was detained for wearing a rainbow shirt, and said brother is gay.)

https://twitter.com/rdlewis/status/1601399736560680960

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

12-09-2022, 10:27 PMValpix Wrote: Grant Wahl, US soccer journalist, has passed away. His brother posted a video on Instagram saying that he believes he was murdered (Wahl was detained for wearing a rainbow shirt, and said brother is gay.)

Heartbreaking.

Speak truth to power, Grant.

12-09-2022, 10:27 PMValpix Wrote: Grant Wahl, US soccer journalist, has passed away. His brother posted a video on Instagram saying that he believes he was murdered (Wahl was detained for wearing a rainbow shirt, and said brother is gay.)

Wife said he died of an aneurysm. Not sure where this claim of murder is coming from. He had sick practically the entire time he was there.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Vive la France !

We're gonna have a great finale !

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

12-14-2022, 05:55 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:

Wife said he died of an aneurysm. Not sure where this claim of murder is coming from. He had sick practically the entire time he was there.
Journalists have been targeted before and while it would be very unlikely, it wasn't entirely impossible with the information and context at that time that something bad had happened. 
Rest in peace.