Create Account

S68 PT #1: Knuckle Sandwich Due: November 27th @ 11:59 PM (PST

Graphical #1

[Image: pt34.png?width=759&height=427]

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

I think one of the first things that people thing about if they don't follow hockey is "fighting", I know nearly everyone who thinks of hockey thinks about how a fist fight could go down at any moment! And while that isn't really the case anymore, there are very few things outside of a game-winning goal or save that gets the crowd as hype as a huge hit or two dudes that throw down their gloves and get into that vintage fighting stance! I know before I started following hockey, this sport seems like the one that had the biggest amount of "boxing" in it outside of... well... boxing! I have sadly not yet been to a hockey game that has featured one of those quintessential fights between opposing players, and since the number of fights are going down it seems like the possibility is dwindling, hopefully I get the chance to see one because that seems like something a crowd still wants to see!

Code:
165 Words

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: sobchak.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2022, 09:50 PM by tomtommen.)

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PLAYER PROMPT - It's the first home game of the season, and you're getting beat badly. Down by 5, it's late in the third, and the coach wants someone to send a message that your team is not just going to lie down and lose this season. They want someone to fight!

Written Task: Is that player going to be you? Is your player a fighter? Have they ever fought before? Would they ever if they haven't yet? Why or why not? If you have fought, do you remember who it was with? Did you win? Who started it? What does your player think about that aspect of the game? If you're a goalie, tell me what it would take to get you out of your net and skating down the ice to get the other goalie! (150+ words)

Tom Pedersen is not really a fighter kind of hockey player, but if he is told to he will serve a can of whoop ass to anyone. As a former army grunt and not a noob in krav maga he will not shy away from any fights, but he will not initiate any. Tom Pedersen might not be a fighting kind of hockey player, but he loves to fight in his spare time. And no one in the SHL makes Tom Pedersen feel like he will lose a fight. Bring on anybody and he will tear them a new hole in the soul and serve it in a bowl after burning it on coal. Afterwards he will score a goal. And go for an assist to get the achievement done. So if anybody wants to get beaten up you know where to find an opponent. You just need to initiate it yourself, because Tom Pedersen will not.

Words: 157

[Image: You_Doodle_2023-11-14T20_56_45Z.jpg?ex=6...d1516e717&]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Player Prompt
[Image: JiJs0n0.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Having played hockey when I was younger and having gotten into a couple of fights myself I don't think fighting is antiquated or even all that dangerous especially relative to other sports or even other facets of hockey (you're far more likely to get injured on a bad check than during a fight, I would think). Fighting serves more as a way to send a message or stand up for teammates if nothing else and the outcome is often both guys falling over after trading a few weak blows. Overall, it's a unique part of the sport that is part spectacle, part tradition that I think does generally more for the sport than it takes away especially when you consider that some people get into watching hockey specifically because fighting is 'allowed'. Yeah, I don't see the reason to crack down it or incentivize it either, just let it happen and try to minimize injuries within that framework, even though like I mentioned before I don't see it as being really all that dangerous.

Prompt 1

Erm, this is not going for being Patya. If Coach am telling someone to fight, Patya am looking at big players for beat someone up. Patya much skinny, not much strong. Patya never before has had a fight in the hockeys. Patya is a lover, not a fighter. But with this said, Patya thinking if he really had to fight for team, he would do it. Hopefully he not losing any teeths or else Kristen may not be very happies with him. Patya having some friends around the league and from the J he could ask about how to fights good. Patya remembering Bjorn Bjornson was much good fighter, and thinking maybe even friend Roderic Banes is big and strong and knowing for how to throw a punch. Patya also do think fighting is part of game. Is only sport of this kind in which peoples can fight, and this part of why Patya love the game. If fighting in basketball or football or baseball or American football, is get in BIIIIG troubles. If fighting in hockey, is sit in box for 5 minutes. Is nothing.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

PLAYER PROMPT - It's the first home game of the season, and you're getting beat badly. Down by 5, it's late in the third, and the coach wants someone to send a message that your team is not just going to lie down and lose this season. They want someone to fight!

Written Task: Is that player going to be you? Is your player a fighter? Have they ever fought before? Would they ever if they haven't yet? Why or why not? If you have fought, do you remember who it was with? Did you win? Who started it? What does your player think about that aspect of the game? If you're a goalie, tell me what it would take to get you out of your net and skating down the ice to get the other goalie! (150+ words)

Grogu has always had a bit of a goon side to him despite his harmless appearance. It seems like every season he's managed to get at least one major penalty, sometimes for illegal check to the head, or a boarding call - you know real cheapshot dick moves that make him kind of an a-hole! Just like in the show The Mandalorian, Grogu can sometimes be a real jerk like eating the fish babies, or stealing the ball from Mando's ship. Anyway, back to the SHL, Grogu has only been in one fight so far. It was in S66 I think, he fought Sven Svensson who was on San Francisco at the time. Grogu doesn't remember exactly what started it, but it was ended pretty quickly as Svensson mercilessly pummeled Grogu, sending him off the ice in a bloody mess! His career record is 0 wins and 1 Loss, so I am not sure Grogu would be the one the coach would tap on the shoulder to send a message to the other team but no doubt he'd be willing to slash someone!

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

Kahn on PBE
Hockey Prompt
I think fighting in hockey no longer has a place. I am tired of seeing players getting injured from these fights. It makes the sport look barbaric. I understand the arguments that it cuts down on cheap shots since the players are policing the each other. But it doesn’t look as professional or prestigious as the other leagues when players are duking it out and refs are just watching. For fighting, I go and watch MMA. I think you can hold players accountable for cheap shots. Increase fines, increase suspensions. Whatever it takes to make players play fairly without relying on fights to sort it out. It’s ridiculous that players are getting injured during these fights. Especially concussions. We need to do a better job protecting players. The brain is too vital for these non-fighters to be throwing hands on the ice and having people bounce their heads off the ice. I’d like to see a ban on fighting in hockey. (161 words)

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

For the Hamilton Steelhawks of the Simulation Hockey League it is a matter of when not if they will be down by 5 points, we are easily the worst team in the league this season. With that said, the Hamilton Steelhawks coaching staff is not content with just lying down and taking a beating. The legendary coaching staff of the Hamilton Steelhawks expects players to rally and try their heart out and play at 100% until the final whistle is blown. As a result of this expectation, when a player gets absolutely laid out on the ice there is a key player that routinely steps up, and that player is rookie Jolmi Koivu. Jolmi Koivu is the go to guy when it comes to standing up for his teammates, because of his large frame he can go out and put the hurt on the enemy team and play a physical game.
(151 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

Hai Nam Hoang doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He stops what he's doing to help animals cross the road. He leaves incredibly gratuitous checks, no matter the service. Never in the world would Hoang willingly hurt any player on the ice, nevermind off it. In the game of hockey, The game is a rough one, however, and a lack of hostility doesn't mean Hoang isn't prepared to defend himself and his teammates. Early in his career, players attempted to push around the short, slight-of-frame 16-year-old, and found themselves in a world of hurt, as Hoang would puck up several major penalties putting his limited martial arts training to the test. Some of the heaviest hitters in the league stated that it was likely not a good idea to push the kid's buttons, as even during gametime, an uninhibited or distracted Hoang is happy to have a conversation with his teammates, coaches, or even opponents, as long as it's not during the heat of a game.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

Player Prompt: Written Task

If Vancouver ever needs a fight, Sven Panda will step to the plate well before I have to. Not that the opportunity has been given. However, since joining the team (I am on my third season) I am in a three way tie for most fights on the team with one. As a dman who tends to avoid the physical stuff (besides blocking shots) when I can, I don't usually mix it up in a way that would get me into a fight. But as a rookie, things can be different. Even while providing offense and defending well, every now and then you feel like you have to pick the team up in any way you can. One game against Yukon, we were getting blown out, and I needed to do something, so I fought Oles Kobliska, who was the league's leading scorer that season. Needless to say, I absolutely tuned him, collecting a won fight and firing up the boys. Didn't win the game, but the win on the fight stats is all that matters to me from that game. Only fight for the team that season, and I was fortunate is was a good trade off, an actual skilled player and not some low end grinder/enforcer. No disrespect to people in those roles, but if I'm gonna fight somebody, I'm glad it's the league's leading scorer.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

so the atlanta inferno of the sim hockey league (a league which i would say does in fact include a bunch of legendary players that are still playing in the league, and thus it could be referred to as a league of legends if you know what i mean) were really losing really badly to this team this season (down by five (5) goals wow that is a lot of goals!) and so the coach mr hot dog @hotdog had to send out little binko to do some fighting to rile up the team and get them all horny! i mean like really get them all aroused and sexually awakened at the sight of binko koivu getting the absolute shit beaten out of him by a very goth and very dom 7 foot hockey player on the opposite team! it was reported that the hockey player even stepped on binko's imagine dragons @micool132, but i would have to say they seemed like a very thoughtful person because they took off their skates before they did it! however i would still say that would not be very fun if you were to ask me! am i right @Gwdjohnson?

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

There is a big emphasis on player safety nowadays. Not just in hockey, but across all major sports. Because of that, fighting in hockey has been put under a microscope over the last decade or two. While I understand the concerns of the people in the “no to fighting” corner, I think fighting is one of those things that has always been a part of hockey and always should be. It is a tradition that is acknowledged in the official rules and as an unwritten rule among the player base. It is one of the draws of the sport among fans and increases the entertainment value. Not to mention, a well timed fight can really swing the momentum in a game. As the task description mentioned, fighting has decreased significantly over the years. However, it continues to make the sport safer overall as it acts as a measure of accountability. You mess with the star player, you pay the price. You just generally act like a jerk, here’s a punch to the face.

[173 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[img=0x0]https://imgur.com/KOKeZZJ.png[/img]

Hockey Prompt

I have gone back and forth about fighting in hockey. For the most part, I am happy that there are fewer and fewer fights every year. A lot of fights were mostly performative and hockey is bad enough in terms of brain injuries that we do not any more damage being done. There have been far too many examples of former enforcers having to deal with the terrible consequences of repeated brain injuries. With all that being said, I do still think that it is part of hockey and it will never go away. The speed of the game makes it impossible for refs to actually catch everything that goes in in a game. There is and always will be a place for a player to step up and defend their teammate. I do not mean that dropping the gloves because of a clean hit type of fighting. I mean when there is an obviously dirty play. We all know that the NHL is terrible at doling out actual punishments. In those cases, you need to hold the offending player accountable. In a perfect world, this would almost never happen but it is what it is.
(196)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]