Create Account

Regina Elk S67 Awards || S68 Captains
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2022, 05:54 AM by blakec1414. Edited 6 times in total.)

Elk Regina Elk S67 Awards Elk
Greetings and salutations, elk and elk adjacent creatures! It is my great pleasure as your general manager to announce team awards from the S67 season, as well as captains for this season. First I think it's only appropriate to acknowledge my friend and predecessor, the legendary @lespoils, for everything he has done for this team. His mentorship has been crucial to my development as a player, user, and now as a GM. He made the transition so seamless and continues to advise me and @RenoJacksonHS behind the scenes, and we all benefit immensely for it  Biggrin 

Now then, let's get to the main event: the S67 Regina Elk team awards! S67 was a historic season for this franchise, and although none of us were satisfied with the abrupt way in which it ended, our record of 40-18-8 in the regular season was easily a team best - a high mark that will not be toppled easily! We truly had a stacked team full of growing prospects, as well as veteran producers that are currently making their SHL debuts. Such a year deserves individual recognition, so without further adieu: 

Golden Antler - Most Valuable Player
This award is a no brainer to me. The recipient was our captain, truly a leader on and off the ice, and an absolute gem of a human that I was blessed to play alongside for four amazing seasons. Last season was truly the pinnacle of his skillset at the junior level, which reflects in his amazing numbers. His 70 points and 35 goals both led the team, and had him 13th and 10th in the league, respectively. He was no slouch without the puck either, accruing 169 (nice) hits, good enough for second on the team. 

Your S67 Golden Antler recipient is David-Arturri Donskoi, aka DAD - @LarryTheMVP

Calf of the Year - Best rookie 
If the golden antler was a no brainer, this one is like, an anti-brainer. After all, this user was literally nomiated for the SMJHL rookie of the year award, among others. Not much of a point about beating around the bush with this one, his numbers speak for themselves. after the S66 season and with the departure of long time Elk netminder Inda Bagg, the one big question about Regina's chances was goaltending. This recipient put that question to rest immediately, putting up league leading numbers and backstopping the team to a historic record. League recognition was sure to follow, and as expected this user came home with the award for best goalie and the award for best team save percentage alongside our steady backup, Jackson Cannon. This user came into the locker room and immediately was one of the most active members, taking pride in his player and showing excitement over every win on the way to the award winning season.

Your S67 Calf of the Year is Alexis Texas - @AlexisTexasRanger  

Best Forward 
He was 2nd on the team in points, 1st in assists, and was nominated for the most improved player award for the entire SMJHL. His two way play was crucial to the team's success as well, sporting a 58% faceoff rate and 97 hits. His fantastic presence on and off the ice will be an asset to this team into the S68 season as our true 1C.

Your S67 Best Forward is Ralph Ryan - @Kasterborous

Best Defensive Forward 
This user was one of our leaders in the Regina locker room for the past four seasons, and his player was equally as important to the franchise. Just a great dude, consummate professional and a pleasure to be around in our little digital haven. He's been very critical of his player's performance, but I think I speak for everyone who was a part of this team during his tenure in Regina when I say that we wouldn't have achieved what we did without his steady presence down the middle. Sporting a rock solid 51.7 faceoff percentage and good defensive metrics while holding down the 1C spot in the S67 season, we're gonna miss him dearly. 

Your S67 Best Defensive Forward is M'Baku Olubori - @hhh81 

Best Defense
Another player who had a fantastic season, this time on the blueline. He was a shot blocking machine, sporting a league leading (!!!) 207 blocks, which had him nominated for best defensive defenseman at the SMJHL awards. His impact on our roster cannot be overstated, his great defensive play is the anchor that allows our scoring forwards to do their thing without fear, knowing they have this trustworthy player always ready to put his body on the line for the team. Aside from his player, this user does alot for the league behind the scenes from a technical level and I've yet to find an SHL related discord server that he isn't in. All that remains to be said is five simple letters: H O D O R.

Your S67 Best Defensemen is Hodor - @bbjygm

Best Goalie
Well, this one is kind of redundant - no real reason to beat around the bush, just read the Calf of the year blurb and you'll get the picture  Laughing

Your S67 Best Goalie is Alexis Texas - @AlexisTexasRanger

Wapiti of the Year - Leadership Award
Another award that should be fairly obvious. His leadership was the bedrock of this team for seasons, and it will be dearly missed.

For the second consecutive season, your S67 Wapiti of the Year is David-Arturri Donskoi - @LarryTheMVP

Chris Chelios Jr. Award for Perseverance and Determination - in honor of our dear departed friend @Kev411
This award could have easily gone to a few different members of our locker room, so I'll give out some honorable mentions:

@Ace - After being acquired via trade at the start of last season, Ace came into the locker room and provided a great presence whilst also adding to our already stacked blueline. We'll miss him!

@Starchychaff - A midseason addition thanks to waivers, he came into a great lineup and provided just that extra little touch of depth. He also brought new energy into the locker room at a crucial point in the year. With his role expanded this year, I'm excited to see what more we'll see from him and his player!

This user and his player were a steady presence in the Elk locker room for as long as I can remember, adding veteran presence and on the ice, being that player who might not get as much attention as the top scorers, but was always doing the little things to win games. Of course, this user is a site legend and it's truly a shame that we didn't get to draft his new player.

Your S67 Chris Chelios Jr. Award recipient is Oleksander Olli O'Koivu - @Wally

Congrats to all the award winners!

S68 Captains

And now, to the present. We faced a lot of turnover this offseason, so much so that our entire captaincy group moved up to the big league. This leaves a pretty apparent leadership gap on the team, an opportunity for growth. When considering the captaincy it occurred to me that there is no one user in the LR right now that carries the burden of leadership in the way that DAD did. This isn't a criticism at all, we lead by committee and until that changes, the captaincy will reflect that.

As such, there will be three alternate captains this season. These three players made massive strides last season in terms of  on ice performance and locker room presence, and are poised to continue this trend into S68.
Your S68 Regina Elk leadership group:

A - Alexis Texas - @AlexisTexasRanger
A - Hodor - @bbjygm
A - Brendan Laroux - @Shmurph

That's it, that's all! Go Elk!

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno

<3 Always an Elk

[Image: Wally.png]

Go go gadget Elk Elk

Thank you for the kind words!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Go Elk btw

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Thanks you @blakec1414 for the kind words! It was an honour to be the Elk Captain for the past 3 seasons! Once an Elk, always an Elk! GO ELK GO Elk Elk Elk

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

11-25-2022, 04:09 AMblakec1414 Wrote: Your S67 Best Defensemen is Hodor - @bbjygm

A - Hodor - @bbjygm

Hodor!

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget