Create Account

S68 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week

Tobias Wrexks and the Detroit Falcons don't view much of the league as competition, more so speedbumps on their goal to ultimate domination and a Challenge Cup. If there was a team that would be considered rivals, Wrexks points to the Maine Timber, almost entirely due to Wrexks' friendly rivalry with Toasty. Much like Jack Hughes and Trevor Zegras, Tobias Wrexks and Toasty strive to make themselves better by feeding off of each other and one upping one another. Wrexks considers himself to be the better of the two, despite being a season later, and isn't shy about making that point known. Despite being opposites in terms of player type, it hasn't stopped them from trying to prove to themselves and the public that they are the pinnacle of their positions. The games between Detroit and Maine may not have the bitter rivalry other franchises may have, but the underlying story between Toasty and Wrexks will be one enough to permeate each and every meeting between the two this season and beyond. (175 words)

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

My biggest rival is whoever Trella is now because I don't remember his guy but hes a cuddle like me but I'm also the incorrection of the dalai Lama playing hockey so Mariel and muhada sobering trip to China where he married the Dolly llama and then Stevie Nixon a couple songs because you know everyone likes f****** what are they called they do the song gypsy oh yeah Motley Crue wait no no not motley crew there Fleetwood back there we go yeah trailer wouldn't know that because you know he knows all that stuff I just be dark and hot because you know sometimes you do too much horse meat and you just don't know where you are anymore but that's But hes my rival cause he also thinks he can eat more horse meat than me but I played Zelda way before him because I'm 66 and look at me now. F****** raccoons or the enemies swear to God @trella

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

It feels like the Carolina Kraken do not have a true rival in the league right now. Because of this, I'm going to choose the Quebec City Citadelles due to the IRL friendship/rivalry of Faelax and sven7en. The two GM's came into the league in the same season (S53), and it wasn't long before they found their way into positions of power. Faelax started as a scout in the Maine Timber organization and stayed with them for 2 seasons before leaving for the expansion co-GM spot in Quebec City in Season 55, teaming up with Evok. Sve7en was brought into the Carolina organization and was very quickly added as a scout for the next class. He applied for one of the expansion organizations in Season 55, but was unsuccessful. Luckily, the current (at the time) GM of the Kraken was headed for a struggling Tampa Bay team, so sve7en was able to step up and into that spot with relative ease. Joining the league in the same season, and stepping into the GM position in the same season is a great start of a friendly rivalry.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Quote:Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?
Written option: 150 words on the above

I'm all business, baby. I don't care about geographical rivals, or whether or not a team passed on me in the draft (because let's be honest, my player came with some serious stipulations and not every team needs a goalie).
The teams I consider my team's rivals are the two competing for the division. That means the St. Louis Scarecrows and the Carolina Kraken.
It just so happens that both teams are very close to the Whalers in the standings, meaning that the games have plenty of punch behind them. When Vancouver faces off against Carolina or St. Louis then you know there’s a ton at stake and after all, isn’t that what a rivalry is all about?
If I had to choose one team though that were rivals of myself as a user in the SMJHL, I honestly think I’d pick the Detroit Falcons. Not because I don’t like the people there (I do) or because their branding is bad (it isn’t), but because that team was very good while I was in the SMJHL with Adam Barron, my previous player.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

SMJHL S68 PT #3 

Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?

This second time around in the SMJHL it would be hard to consider any team a bigger rival to me than the Maine Timber. This is not an ugly personal beef or rooted in deep seated hatred but a rivalry based on direct history. Maine was my first team ever after creating here and the only place I ever felt like home with my first player. I have nothing but love for the guys over there and that’s what makes games against the Timber so special. There is not a game I want to win more than when the Timber appear on the schedule. The song I once longed to hear as often as possible on game days has become the noise of defeat, a sound I strive not to hear. I look forward to many hard fought games with my new Pack as my player continues to grow during this young career. 

(163 Words) 

Currently Patricija thinks the biggest obstacle and rival the Colorado Raptors need to watch out for are the Detroit Falcons. Having an incredible season, they are currently leading the conference Colorado participates in with a full 10 wins over the Raptors. While normally being able to compete well in games against Detroit, one of the early meetings of the season being a 1 goal difference, the last two meetings have had large goal differences in favor of the Detroit Falcons, leaving a bad taste in the mouth of the Raptors locker room. The players all believe they are on the same playing level as Detroit, but that the results aren't meeting that when the two teams meet.

This rivalry is something that is still brewing, and hopefully will culminate in a playoff meeting between these two conference opponents. Raptors goalie Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz could be considered one of the drivers of the state of the rivalry, as he frequently makes playful and sarcastic remarks on the amount of shots faced in Detroit games (well above the Raptors usual average) which adds some extra motivation to the games.

187 words

If i had to pick any rival team for Detroit I'd go ahead and pick Maine if for no other reason than i enjoy giving Southpaw and tonzy a bunch of crap. Recently both teams have seen a ton of success in the league and it had lead to some great back and forth along with several championships being given to both of our teams. While no one seems to be able to keep up with the elite talent level that we have been building in Detroit we know that Maine is right around the corner trying to compete. So goodluck to southpaw and the Maine timber because they're going to have a ton of work to do to try and get back to the same elite level of hockey that we are using to domainate everyone in the juniors. Good luck to everyone else too we would love to have a new rival if someone would actually give us a challenge.

[Image: f7.png]

Oh no a PT that requires me to know more about the lore of the league than I ever have or probably ever will. Personally, my biggest rivals are probably the teams that I was on with previous players - whether because they did not scout me on this recreate or because its just nice and fun to beat old friends. I was a DFA (if I remember correctly) to the Armada on my first player before eventually being drafted to St. Louis. I don't remember being a DFA on my second player but I do remember playing for Quebec City. I have very fond memories of Quebec - Evok and the gang there were awesome - but  I wasn't scouted by them this time around. Anchorage and St. Louis both scouted me this cycle but sent me DMs on the forums which I did not get until it was almost too late. Regardless, its always nice playing old friends.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022, 12:16 AM by Count Chocula.)

The Berserkers biggest rivals are our historical enemy the Carolina Kraken. The rivaly started nearly 20 seasons ago after countless playoff matches against each other. It seemed like every season we would face off against each other in the semi finals. For the most part whoever came out victorious in the series would inevitably win the 4 Star Cup. Our two teams were the powerhouses of the SMJHL in that era. The rivalry has died down a bit recently as we have both been going through a rebuild phase. The games just feel different than regular games. The hits are always a little harder and consistent. Our GM circled those games on the calendar for us. Even though our team hasn't been very competitive this season, we have our best games against the Kraken. One day soon the rivalry will return to its full glory as the Berserkers grow back into the powerhouse team we once were.

W:157

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

honestly i have no clue who my rival is man i just got here

at least, in the league. off the rink, my rival is clear - it is the dreaded letter A. Many worship this forsaken letter, claiming that it is 'the top' or 'the best grade i can get, mom' or some other stupid bullshit. In reality, A is the devil, a letter meant only to lead you astray, away from that which is sacred, that which is holy. Truly, truly, I say to you - it is the devil! it is the mark of the beast, that which leads us astray, the false shepherd who would herd us into dens of sin and villainy, into the valley of shadow and death, into such dreaded places such as boston. Fuck boston. If there was an SMJHL team in boston, theyd be our rival. Im not capitalzing the b because i do not respect that city.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e