Create Account

Dusty Feels homesick!

Well so far I would say my career has been a great start If you ask me. Now as far as the season goes for the team. We've been on a bit of a tear. A BIT OF A TEAR AT LOSING. Am i calling us bad? not by any means I love this team and enjoy the culture we have here In kelowna. I enjoy all the fans who have been nothing short of supportive, but It can be an adjustment when you have to get used to being on the down for the first time. Now was my youth hockey teams really that great on my come up? Not that much as teams that weren't exactly the best took me In and that's what allowed me to show what I was great at and that was being a lockdown defenseman. Teams heard of my name and that's how my name got pitched to the SMJHL a league of opportunity for me to further my career within hockey. I'll let you enjoy a bit of a transcript though of me chit chatting with my brother and other things I suppose. Enjoy!

**Beginning of transcript**

-Dusty finishes up another practice that hasn't been the greatest for them as the team has been losing games a lot lately- -Dusty goes into the lockerroom and gets dressed up as he receives a call from his brother- -He finishes zipping up his pants and answers- "Corey what's up man!?" "Hey Dusty I just wanted to give a check up on you man." "Hey I'm doing good no worries, Mom and Dad called me and asked me how the hockey things been going." "And?" "Well I told them It's going great for me as a rookie, but as far as a team standards It could be better you know?" Corey huffs, "You're telling me man I mean looking at the standings when you're just a casual on looker. You guys don't exactly look the best. That plus/minus as I've heard Isn't the greatest." Dusty laughs, "Yeah let's not get on that topic that's for sure. I miss home though." "Hey we miss you everyday Dusty, but you just have to be away for now as you develop." Dusty answers back,
"Yeah Yeah development. I just can't wait till It's time to be back home If a SHL team drafts me that's In Texas." "Hey maybe they will Dusty, but remember It's a business man, not about where you want to be. If a team wants you or doesn't want you Is matters. How goes practice though?" Dusty looks down while on the phone as he waves to one of his teammates, "Well Corey to be exact practice doesn't feel energized as all the guys hate were losing like this." "I hear that Dusty as I said looking online and just looking at standings fans alike with the facts say you guys aren't that good.

Which I heard you guys would be at least decent right?"
"Were just tired Is all this scheduling has us tired and worn. We play with pride though and have fun doing It." Corey agrees, "Hey that's what matters man, but did you ever find another agent?" "Unfortunately not, just been focused on Hockey more than anything and making sure my game Is something to look at and not look away from." "Rightttt I believe In you though Dusty." "Hey I appreciate how are things with you though?" "Life Dusty, Just hard at times, but I find little things to enjoy but Dad does get onto me." "You need some money Corey? I have a good amount thanks to my minors contract, but I'd be willing to send some." Corey asks, "Are you sure Dusty? I would appreciate It though as It'd help me pay things off." "Of course Corey just send me your info and I'll get It transferred. Please use It responsibly Corey as I love you and don't want you to blow through It. I haven't made It big yet." "Yeah I know Dusty, well hey I know you're probably trying to get dressed or maybe just still in your hockey gear haha." "Just a bit underdressed, but yeah I need to finish up here before they lock me In here. Let mom and Dad know I love them same as Brittany and Ashley If you run into them I know life gets busy." "I will Dusty If I get around to It, I promise." "Thank Corey, I'll talk to you later man." "You too."

-Dusty gets dressed and begins to walk out as coach calls him into his office- "Hey Dusty I just wanted to check In with you and make sure things are going okay?" "Yeah Coach things are great, I'm just a bit homesick. Never been this far away before ever." "Yeah I know Kid, Just keep your mind straight and keep making those phone calls and before long It'll feel like yesterday you were just here. Also I appreciate your hard work out there as this team has a good amount of rookies this year so every bit of production Is needed." "Absolutely coach I'm just trying my best to impress those SHL scouts." "Well you've impressed me to an extent Dusty you're still a rookie and the mistakes show. You keep working hard though and clean up those mistakes. You might be a can't miss prospect." "Well If they miss me, they never wanted me anyway right?" coach chuckles, "Of course Dusty always bet on yourself and keep those who believe In you close man." "Will do coach." "See you at next practice Kid." "Yes sir!" -They shake hands and Dusty walks out to drive back to his apartment-

-While laying In bed Dusty talks to himself- I really made It big Didn't I? I can't believe I'm from Vidor and now In Kelowna Life Is so crazy! -Dusty throws his pillow In the air as he says this- What I wouldn't give to go back to a youngster though. I'll keep moving forward till I make It bigger. Can't be too hard right?

[Image: Dusty_new_sig_with_the_pride.png]