Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #1 SMJHL S68 draft class and their surprises.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2022, 06:53 PM by CptSquall. Edited 2 times in total.)

The S68 SMJHL draft class also known as the SHL draft class of 69 will undoubtedly go as one of the most underrated draft classes of all time not only because I am apart of it but the amount of depth that is unbeknownst to everyone this far. 30 games have been played in the SMJHL let’s see the top 5 draft picks and surprises of the S68 SMJHL draft class.

Round 1 first 5 selections.

Newfoundland berserkers selected Antoine Beauregard, now to preface the Newfoundland berserkers are not having a strong start to the SMJHL season. None the less Beauregard has been decent with 6 goals and 6 assists for 12 points in 30 games for a rookie on a struggling team I will have to give him an A+ rating on the S68 draft rating.

Second pick in the draft belonged to the Carolina kraken and they ended up selecting
Johnny Wagner Svenson, now the Carolina kraken are playing about 500 hockey and are in the middle of the pack right now and svenson as a rookie RD has been playing very well. 4 goals and 8 assists as a rookie RD are strong numbers  he also has a +/- of 0 so he’s gotta be doing something right. I give his performance thus far a A+ on the draft scale.

At number 3 we had the great fall grizzlies select Tiberius Kane, the great fall grizzlies find themselves fighting for last place currently which means they are due to be on the come up as of next season. Tiberius Kane has 7 goals 5 assists so far this season for 12 points. A very good performance on a struggling team thus far 
I will have to give him an A as he is a -18 on the season although it’s not entirely his fault he does have to step it up defensively if the great fall grizzlies want to see some improvement.

At the fourth overall selection in the S68 SMJHL draft we had the Kelowna knights select Petr Vrana. Now I will have to start this by saying Kelowna is dead last right now in the standings so the fact that Petr Vrana is absolutely doing work with 6 goals and 14 assists is pretty incredible. Although a -20 that’s just the way she goes when your team is dead last in the standings. Look for Kelowna to be strong last season and potentially Vrana for ROTY. I give an A to Vrana in the draft class performance rating.

At number 5 in the draft we had the Anchorage Armada select Oskar Scholz. The Anchorage Armada are currently 10th so look for them to improve throughout the season and give problems come playoff time. Oskar scholz himself has 4 goals and 10 assists and a plus minus of -10 through the 31 games that have been played which is also very decent. A trend that has been through the first 5 draft picks is that they have all been very good in their rookie season. Oskar scholz receives an A in his performance thus far in the S68 SMJHL draft class performance gradings.

The Draft Surprises

The last pick in the draft is absolutely the biggest W I’ve seen. He was drafted at 79 overall and Matthew leclaire has 31 points 11 goals and 20 assists. That’s insane for a round 6 draft pick rookie. The crows are going to be a dangerous team come playoff time. They had an all around good draft and it’s nice to see what’s looking like a draft steal with 31 points in 30 games. I give him an A++ on the season 68 draft class performance scale.

Detroit falcons in the third round absolutely smashed it out of the park and it’s insane. Tobias wrexs has 41 points in 30 games as a rookie? That’s insane I know the falcons are first place in the league but like all their rookies are shining billy Herrington another 3rd round pick for Detroit has 39 points himself. Whatever the falcons are doing their GM is doing it right and they’ve been an absolute menace on the ice. Look for them to go for a four star cup run this season. I give the third round picks and Detroit falcons an A++++ for their performance thus far!

Conclusion

I’m conclusion the S68 draft class is absolutely one of the most underrated draft classes as it’s been referred to as a “weak” draft class. None the less they have been showing everyone wrongs and have been performing very well and look for them to continue being an integral part in the SMJHL and their respective teams.

766 words

Approved, +5 TPE to @damienj10

[Image: CptSquall.gif]