Create Account

S68 PT #3: Celebrate Good Times Due: December 11th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

ISFL Affiliate IsaStarcrossed

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

HOCKEY PROMPT: Written Task

That's a good one. I loved PK Subban and Carey Price's triple low fives back in the days, and disliked that the Habs organization asked the players to stop doing it. But at the same time, I am not a fan of the Carolina Hurricanes' celebrations. And I think that soccer celebrations are boring and would translate badly on the ice. Hockey is a team effort, and celebrations in soccer and football are often centred solely on the scorer. It's weird when you think about it; to my limited knowledge, the quarterback is rarely central to those celebrations, even though he contributes a lot. To answer your question, I think it is a question of balance. Do I wish players could respectfully... go crazy sometimes? Yeah, I do. Do I think we are missing something right now with how players celebrate their goals? No, I think that's fine the way things are right now. (158 words)

So the timber would have a two part post win celebration. The first part of the celebration would be to cut down a tree. However, since they have an environmental initiative, they would cut down a fake tree. That would be a plastic tree that would have a stump with a flag holder. In the flag holder would then be the team that they beat. This would then become the forest of fallen teams (Because they beat a team so they have fallen.) The second part of the win would be a iniative that they would share with who they played against. Because deforestation is such a problem, they would work to replant trees at a forest that was either attacked by people or destroyed by forest fires. The loser of the game would then have to donate a tree (or trees). That way regardless of who wins or loses trees would be planted. They also could work to plant trees and each team that loses then has a tree planted in their section with a plaque commemorating beating that team. Basically they would tree things both on cutting down fake trees and putting up real trees to celebrate their victories

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

I find absolutely nothing wrong in a celebration in hockey be it following a goal or after a victory. Hockey is a sport yes but it's also entertainment so celebration in good taste can make a great night of hockey even better. It has to be done with decency in mind and not out of spite or as a way to provoke the opponent because that can lead to bad results including motivation to the other team which could lead to a goal or something more brutal like a brawl or strikes aimed at the one who celebrated. There are several ways this could go wrong thus it must always be done in an intelligent and classy way. A great example of that is the Jaromir Jagr salute which I personally always enjoyed. If it's done in the spirit of competition then it's all good, it's part of the show.

Hockey tasK:

Well, William Salming likes to show his emotions after a goal is scored. For him, points matter as a forward. So, of course, he can not hold himself down when he scores or when he gets an assist. Points matter and everyone who says something else, is a liar. And when you get a point, you celebrate it automatically at least in your own head internally but I can not see any reason why you could not celebrate it also with others. The way Salming celebrates a goal changes from time to time. Usually he does a small fist pump and sometimes he just waits for his teammates and then hugs with them. He is also respectful and doesn't celebrate in the faces of opponents because that would be provocative and not nice. Salming is a gentleman player. But yeah, when you score, always celebrate. You never know if it is your last goal-ever because career-ending injury can happen in any game.

[Image: salming.png]

As usual, if Jay Cue is involved in any kind of decision regarding anything that happens with the Atlanta Inferno organization, it is going to have some wine in any part of it.
In this case it will be pretty bloody simple: every post game celebration is going to include a few hundred bottles of wine and everyone, from players, directors, fans, etc, will have a glass of wine to celebrate together.
The best part of it is that every game, the wine is going to be different. So you can start with some american napa valley wine, then on the next game Cue brings some portuguese one, and so on. We can even get some vodka days with our Ukrainian fellows.
This also means that sponsorships are going to be through the roof, with wine makers trying to get in on the action.
As you can see, wine brings the best of everyone, that is what i always say.

(160 words)

Jarrod Lakemore has several ideas for the St. Louis Scarecrows to use for some new goal celebrations. Unfortunately, being British, some of his ideas are a bit, uhh, different.

His first pitch was a goal celebration that mimics the Gloucester Cheese Rolling. The goal scorer would grab a prop ball of cheese and roll it down the ice, then the entire team would pretend to stumble and roll down the ice after it until one of them reached it first. The team seemed unwilling to maintain a large ball of cheese ice-side during all games however.

He then pitched a celebration where the goal scorer would mime hitting a sixer in Cricket, having one of his teammates pretend to be the bowler. This, however, resulted in many confused looks as no one seemed to know what he was talking about.

Finally, he suggested his team pretend to all take a long, indulgent sip from a cuppa, each of them holding their pretend cup of tea with their pinky finger in the air, before letting out a contented sigh and putting the cup down. Realizing only more outlandish ideas were on the horizon, the Scarecrow staff quickly agreed that they definitely liked that idea and he should totally whip out that celebration next time he scores a goal.

(218 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

I would the fact my favorite team is the Carolina Hurricanes they have the storm surge. I would like to use something like that. I want to do like a axe chop at the end of the clapping or instead of clapping just a axe chop. And have something different after the end of the chop. I want to do something that would be us as a team and we can embody our team name of the timber. So hints the axe chop strategy. I would love to lead my team to victory to do that and as a Hurricanes fan that would be awesome for me to do and to use. I want to incorporate the use of different props as well which Carolina I have noticed have stopped using which was very disappointing to me sad face. I want to use my favorite team in real life and incorporate that into my team here so thank you for that pretty much dream for me.

166 words

In support of some of our players we'll do food themed celebrations after crushing our competition on the ice. This could go in a number of different ways, but this is a few that come to mind:

In celebration of Makrus "The Tater" Jager - we will have tater tot celebration nights. It is non uncommon for some arenas to already offer tater tot nacho sort of things (which are delicious btw) but maybe have a large cookout serving up taters in lots of differnt forms beyond the classic nacho method.

For the one and only Cup Noodle - we can have various noodle nights as well. There are the classic Cup of Noodles that everyone knows and loves (love may be strong word), but there are lots of variations we can have there too. From Pho and other Asian noodles, to italian noodles and many others. I'm sure we can stretch this one out a lot.

Then we get to cheese. Cheese is glorious and can really cover a wide variety of dishes. Maybe something simple as cheese samples for people, or we can get crazy and do raclette.

We could possibly also merge these together. Have a noodle and tot dish (carbs anyone?) with a cheese sauce. Really packs on those pounds though.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Well for me and my player kayden pale yes, i think taking the tame root and not being a super show boating player is what hockey is all about at the highest level, of course there is certain goals and times that call for extreme celebration like a OT winning goal or a Series clitching goal or some crazy play in the playoffs or something than yes those certain plays certainly call for a major celebration at any league weather your in the pros or the junior's or still a kid with a will for the game, Hockey players have development a very respectful game always parsing the teammate's instead of individual efforts this is what makes many men hockey players. It is because the game is rooted out of canada where everyone takes it up a notch with the respect they show there fellow men and this sort of attitude has trickeled its way down to the game and attitudes of the players of all levels

Quote:
Citadelles

ph

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

This issue is a bit of a personal pet peeve of mine to the point where I acknowledge that I'm probably a bit too harsh and unreasonable, but I can't shake it: I just don't like excessive or excentric celebrations and especially so in a team sport. I can understand it if an individual athlete, a runner, a Skier, a Fighter or whatever goes wild when celebrating a personal achievement, but when you play hockey or football or any other team sport, an achievement is not just your own, it's your whole teams. So coming up with crazy celebrations or seeking our the cameras in the arena to put the spotlight on yourself is something that doesn't sit well with me at all, since it is not just selfish but also diesrespectful towards your opponent. Celebrate with your teammates if you want, go wild if it is a crazy important goal or another game winning event, just don't make it about yourself. Grumpy old man out.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]