Create Account

S68 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP

The Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP as decided by the Awards Committee is the most coveted individual award in the juniors league. Who is on track to win it this season?
Written Task: Which players are in the running for league MVP? (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Create a graphic comparing the top 3 MVP contenders. Must include team logos and renders.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S68 SMJHL Rookies (S69 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, December 18th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Its really safe to say that Alexi Piastri would be the frontrunner for the MVP trophy this season with an astonishing 47 goals and 32 assists in 47 games for 79 points in total, a goal per game in SMJHL is something we will not be seeing every season, but Piastri proves that it can be done. Former point leader Bnana Nwaffles and Jarrod Lakemore are right behind him but they are tailing 9 points as of writing. Given the fact that Nevada's first line is absolutely off the charts this season Piastri will surely be a strong candidate for the award.

Next up is none other than Jeff Newman, the goaltender for the Detroit Falcons. Arguably the best goaltender in the SMJHL this season, with 34 wins to his belt as of writing, the next on the list would have 25 wins to his name so it is very much clear that Newman has the edge over all the other goalies. He also has 2nd most shutouts (4) in the league, with the best GAA (2.06) in the league. He also holds the 2nd place for S% (.915) behind Maine's Lachlan Moon (.918) and also holds the 2nd place for GSAA (50.23) just narrowly behind Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewics (50.26) - pure stats, pure performance, and that is why Detroit is leading the league as bright as day.

[Image: retu2.png][Image: iihf1.png?ex=65bcbcc0&is=65aa47c0&hm=800...d5443e8a9&]

In my opinion we have to take a look at the stats, when there is an equal amount of players on each side of the ice. My favourite stat here is the plus minus statistics. How important and significant this stat is, you can see that most players on top of the list come from the league leading Detroit Falcons. I got this players in my all start team too and so i have to choose between Dany Frackin-Heatley and Cob Corning because both are with +55 on top of the list. My finale choice is Dany heatley because he has more offensive upside with 34 Points in total. There was the thought to get a goalie in the mix too, but i think goalies and skaters should respectivly get a trophy of their own. With 34 wins Jeff Newman, Detroit Falcons, would be my choice as a goalie mvp.

151 words

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: “Only God knows who will go through....” --- Reporter: “It’s hard to ask him.” --- Zlatan: “You’re talking to him.”

For me I feel it’s pretty obvious who is in the lead for the Ideen Fallah Trophy. Alexi Piastri from the Nevada Battleborn is currently running away with this thing. Currently leads the league in goals with 47 goals which is 11 ahead of the next person and also leads in points with 79 points which is also 11 ahead of the next person. Currently second in the league in shots and fourth in the league in shots percentage which only proves his case that he’s the best scorer in the league. He is currently leading Nevada into the second overall spot in the league but are first in their conference and division. I would have chosen someone from Detroit like Billy Herrington but I feel they are scoring by committee on their team where as Nevada has two or three top guys with Alexi Piastri leading the way.

PT PASS SIMMER

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

My vote would be for Bnana NWaffles. I mean come on, what a great name. and a great combition. banasas and waffles. naners and waffies. not to shabby for zap. Naners has 72 points and is leading the falcons to a possible championship. almost every team they play against it leads to a huge blow out. Sometimes 10-2. Sometimes 6-0. There dominate performance this year has a lot to do with naners. He has a shooting percentage of 55%. That is really high. His faceoff percentage is 55%. Again another good quality stat. With 35 goals and 37 assists, banana waffles is a player the team truly relies on every single night. Everytime my team has to play against the Detroit Falcons I know deep down it will be a blowout. The falcons first line is one of the, if not the best lines today in the SMJHL. This is why Bnana Nwaffles has my vote.

As I right now I see two clear nominees and short of a significant I'm betting they remain the top 2 nominees for the prestigious award. As far as skaters go it's not even close with Nevada Battleborn's Alexi Piastri leading the league in goals and points. And not just by a few, but a significant margin. He has 14 more goals than the next best scorer and 14 more points than the next skater. I know it's not all about points, but he's 16 points clear of the next Battleborn player and they currently sit 2nd in the league thanks in large part to his insane production. So who's the other player that can compete with those numbers? Well it's not exactly a player, but a goalie, Jeff Newman. While you could argue he's simply the beneficiary of a wicked good Detroit squad, his numbers suggest he's a big reason why rather than just a tag along. 36 wins, 2.03 GAA, 0.914 save% and a 52.87 GSAA are all #1 in league wide goalie stats. In fact the only category he doesn't lead in is shutouts, but he's right behind the leader with 5 for 2nd most in the league. It's a two horse race between these two monsters and I'm curious to see which way the committee leans.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

alex piastri, centerman of the nevada battleborn of the simulation major junior hockey league is currently most deserving of the iphone fall out boy trophy for most valuable player as voted on by the simulation major junior hockey league's awards committee. all of the other people will tell you about how many goals, assists, points or give you some other random advanced stat that nobody cares about like their corsi or their pdo when in fact nobody is focusing on the most important thing, the fact that his name sounds italian like a pastrami and that he shares a last name with oscar piastri, member of the mclaren formula 1 team. if it was not evident already, the nevada battleborn are one of the worst teams in the league because they are not the detroit falcons and any team that is not first is last, so it is only fair that they funnel all of their resources into pastrami because pastrami sandwiches taste good and he is the only person worth giving the puck to on the team. are you really valuable if they give you everything and the rest of your team are a bunch of bums? i guess so and i guess that is what the awards committee will see as he has scored many goals off of having the puck banked off his ass over 50 times already

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

I think Matthew Leclaire should win the MVP. He was the last pick in this season's SMJHL Draft and is now the #2 rookie in TPE. He also has excellent stats for a rookie that was overlooked. LOL. As he is a rookie, I think Alexi Piastri should be the unanimous MVP. His stats are off the walls considering 2nd place in goals is 12 behind him. There are 12 games left in the regular season, so I think Alexi will continue to pad his lead and run away with the goals and points lead. This definitely has him high on my MVP boards because it is very hard to score at least a goal a game. If Nevada wins the Four-Star Cup (they won't), Alexi should definitely rake in the votes. In my opinion, there are no runner-ups. This is because 2nd place is the 1st loser.

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

The front-runner for MVP in the SMJHL right now has to be Alex Piastri. Piastri leads the league in goals with 52 and points with 87. Piastri is also tied for the league lead with 12 power play goals. He has separated himself as the premier scorer in the SMJHL, and thanks to his incredible play, the Nevada Battleborn are currently second in the league with 74 points.

In second but maybe not too far behind would be Detroit Falcons goaltender, Jeff Newman. The Falcons currently sit well atop the league with 89 points. The backbone to this team has been their rock solid goalie. Newman leads the league in goals against average, save percentage and wins. He currently sits second in the league for shutouts. There are many to credit for Detroit's success this season, but a lot of it starts and ends with Newman.

If the final vote came down to me between these two excellent players, I'd have to give the nod to Piastri for all that he has accomplished in the goal scoring department. Both of these teams have a lot to celebrate, and these players will be both be highly decorated at the end of the season as a result.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Well first and foremost for MVP you have to consider Alexi Piastri of the Nevada Battleborn as the #1 candidate at the moment. With still ~7 or so games left for each team in the season, Piastri has 53 goals and 91 points. Just an insane pace for a player to be on and a historic season in the SMJHL really. I honestly don't think I've ever seen such a dominant season from another player before on the offensive end of the rink. It's an absolutely ludicrous rate of scoring. In fact, this is the first season in which a player has scored more than 50 goals in SMJHL history. At his rate of scoring Piastri is bound to also break the SMJHL record for points. This is the most dominant season I've ever seen in the SMJHL and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this player will end up winning the MVP.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

To me, there are two real contenders for the SMJHL MVP race. Nevada's Alexi Piastri and Detroit's Jeff Newman are playing some really, really good hockey right now. Alexi Piastri has put up 53 goals for a total of 91 points so far this season. What an outstanding offensive force Alexi has been all season long. Currently leading the lead in goals, points, and shots. He is leading the charge in Nevada and should be a lot of people's top MVP pick. Now on the other side of the spectrum, Detroit's Jeff Newman has been a stud in net. The brick wall is leading all goalies in wins with 42, which is only 12 wins over the second most winningest goalie. While I'm sure Detroit's defensive lines help them out, you cannot deny how great of a season they are having. To me, it is neck and neck between the two, it is going to come down to what the committee thinks is more valuable. A pure goalscorer or a brick wall, both can win you games.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

As a member of the yukon malamutes, I might be a little bit biased but I like to think that oles kobliska has a shot at becoming the MVP for the smjhl. He is currently T-8th in the league in points, and at the time of writing this post, he is 11 points back of most Points of all time in the smjhl, 12 assisnts back on most assists of all time, and currently sits 1st all time in powerplay points. I think if he can manage to take the SMJHL record for most points of all time while also having a very good season all things considered, he has a very realistic chance of being named as the league MVP.  should he fail to reach this mark Alexi piastri, who is first in points by a relatively sizable margin is a very safe second guess, on pace for 60+ goals and 100+ points.

[155 words]

So for SMJHL MVP you would think it's Piastri and reasonably clear. 94 points, he has 6 more goals than the next guy but I actually dont think that's who the MVP is. 
Now look, I could be wrong, I'm not the greatest hockey guy on earth. But I would personally give it (based on the numbers) to Bnanan waffles of Detroit. Let me explain.
One of the reasons Piastri has the goals he has is the sheer volume of shots. Lets take Waffles vs Piastri. Piastri has put 248 on goal in 1305 minutes on the ice. Waffles has put 184 on goal in 1167 minutes on the ice. Piastri has been great, converting 21% of his shots into goals.... until you see that Waffles has a 26% shooting percentage which leads the entire league. If you gave Waffles Piastri's shot numbers you would get 64 goals. So in reality Waffles is scoring at a rate 10 goals higher than Piastri. He also has a better plus/- than Piastri (Waffles 40 Piastri 35). 
My personal MVP top 3
Waffles
Heatly
Piastri
(186 words)

SSL Affiliate

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -