Create Account

S68 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP

I know it’s probably not the hottest take, but the obvious front runner is Alexi Piastri. The battleborn player has ran away with the lead in goals by a significant margin as well as points; albeit a little smaller margin. Piastri currently hold the most goals at 60, 8 ahead of the next highest and holds top points with 103 as well. Though in my opinion, Piastri’s point total doesn’t fully reflect their impact on Nevada and the league as a whole. Piastri doesn’t have as strong as teammates as numerous other players, especially the falcons, who are near him in totals

What really makes them my MVP choice is how important they are to the battleborn scoring efforts. Piastri has made themselves irreplaceable in this regard, currently having almost double the amount of goals as Peterson who is second in goals scored for Nevada. Without Piastri, the battleborn wouldn’t have nearly the success they have had. He leads the team not only in goals, but also has 13 PP for the highest on the team

The obvious leader for league MVP is probably Alexi Piastri, who lead the league in goals, and points. However, Bnana NWaffles wasn't too far behind, and made it into the top 10 for assists as well. NWaffles had better GA/60, and a better-looking ratio with GF/60 in my opinion, but did have a negative CF% relative to his team, unlike Piastri. That said, Detroit was a bit of a powerhouse, so a negative relaative corsi here isn't exactly bad, but you'd expect more from the team point leader. Mercer would be my pick for a defender, however. This season, they were the advanced stats golden child, with great offensive numbers on a team that wasn't exactly a powerhouse. Newman was the top goalie, but for an MVP, I lean more towards Texas, the Falcons were just insane and while every player was outstanding, the team wouldn't suffer after losing one player. Mercer would be my first pick, followed by Piastri. 

162 words

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2022, 11:27 PM by Count Chocula.)

The favorite to win the MVP this season is definitely Alexi Piastri. He lead the league in points with 103 and goals with 60. He averaged nearly a goal per game which is insane. He also had the most shots on net of any other player in the league. He was the main driver of the NBB offense and a large part as to why they finished 3rd in the SMJHL.

The other horse in the race is Bnana NWaffles. He was the only other player to reach 100 points this season. He finished second in goals with 52 which is just a half step behind Alexi. However he did have the higher shooting percentage with 24% of his shots hitting the back of the net. While it can be argued that Bnana has a better supporting cast around him, that doesn’t take away from his personal achievements. Detroit did finish first in the entire league thanks to his dominant play.

Third is just an honorable mention basically for Jarrod Lakemore.

W:171

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2022, 12:46 AM by HanTheMan_.)

With awards seasons around the corner let's take a peek and what players would be top contenders for the most valuable player award.

We all know that the Detroit Falcons have been a top team all season. The top ten players of the season point wise contains 5 players from Detroit. Bnana NWaffles is the player on the top of that list of Detroit players, second in the top ten point earners. Why is Bnana NWaffles a better choice as MVP? Well let's take a look at the stats that differentiates the top two players.

Bnana NWaffles has a higher shot percentage, more powerplay goals and a higher faceoff win percentage than the top point earner Alex Piastri of the Nevada Battleborn. While Piastri has those 3 extra points, the Nevada Battleborn are top three in the league and I think the top team should earn some brownie points in terms of voting MVP. Good luck to all those nominated!

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

After another SMJHL season, the top contenders of the Ideen Fallah Trophy has revealed themselves to the public, as the SMJHL awards committee has just put out ballots. After the first week of submissions, the top 3 are as follows:

1. Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk, Nevada Battleborn

It's quite unexpected that a rookie would take the lead in an MVP race, but it is something when you have 100 or so blocked shots your rookie season. Despite only having 30 points, his defensive mindset is something to behold

2. Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk, Nevada Battleborn

Taking the 2nd most votes, we have Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk, the rookie from Nevada. He's shown the league that he's a powerplay quarterback, with 1 out of 5 goals being down a man. It'll be exciting to see how Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk handles this new responsibility this coming season.

3. Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk, Nevada Battleborn

The last major contender for MVP absolutely has to be Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk. His ability to get apples to teammates has been shown a multitude of times this season, and has shown that he's the prototype of assist-makers for this generation.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]