Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #1 Kelowna Knights
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2022, 04:59 AM by Opera_Phantom. Edited 1 time in total.)

What is going wrong in Kelowna? In this Deep Dive we will have a look at the stats of the team from British Columbia and maybe find the reason why they are standing at the bottom of the standing. Is the defense the problem? Or the offense? Maybe both? We will have a look. With 232 Goals against in 53 Games the Knights are the worst team in this statistic. With 148 goals scored, they are at least a little bit better and let two teams in this tableau behind them. Is the Defense Problem a Goalie Problem? Both Goalies with a GAA over 4 and a SV below 0.900. But Jebus is Number 6 in Saves in total and Shots against. I think the both goalies compete as good as they can and the coach gives both a chance to start as often as possible. Goaltending in Kelowna is a litte piece of the struggle but not the main reason i think. Now we will have a look at the effort and strengh of the team? How many players are in the top 20 relating on Hits abd Blocks. In the Hits-Section there is only Center James Lutz who competes at the top of the segment. Only this 7th place is booked for the knighs at the top of this section. No other player in the top 20. If we look at the blocks now, there is a better outcome. With Pete Aleman, Finn Brandt and Rikaad Metzler we have 3 Players from the last team in the standings performing under the top 20. I think if we look at this, the effort should be one thing the management from Kelowna has to Adress in the locker room. You have to play hard and give it all to be a competitor in this league. But we will now get our eyes on the offensive section. They arent last place in goals for, but the 3rd last team isnt good either. Is the front 6 not good enough or isnt there enough secondary scoring in the team? We can answer this easy. Both! In all offensive categories like Goals, Assist or whole scoring you dont find any player oft the kelowna knights. Only in Powerplay Goals we will see Jaques Hammer with 6 goals. Half of the goals leading Alexi Piastri from the Nevada Battleborn scored with more skaters on the ice.

Conclusion: The Problem in British Columbia is not the Goaltending. If we really analyse, the whole team of skater has to bring more to the table then they have done the fifty games before. They have to find chemistry or rhytm to turn the page around. If not this season, then next season with a fresh start and maybe some new, gritty players from the draft, waiver or free agent market. The management has to think about some trades to, if the lines wouldnt click and the chemistry will not get better. Much work to do for the Kelowna Knights Front Office. (506 Words)

Sorry for the english, i tried my best.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: “Only God knows who will go through....” --- Reporter: “It’s hard to ask him.” --- Zlatan: “You’re talking to him.”

@Dean_Melanson APPROVED! +5 TPE