Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #2 Detroit Falcons
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2022, 08:02 AM by Opera_Phantom. Edited 1 time in total.)

Falcons  Detroit Falcons
In my my Deep Dive Nr. 1 i wrote about the worst team in the Simulation Major junior Hockey League, the Kelowna Knights. to get this "title", there were three teams in the mix. Now we will change the direction in the standings and take a look at the top. And there you will see, that there will be no chance of choice. One Team is ruling and rocking the junior league at the moment: The Detroit Falcons. Now the question all gms are waiting for: Why?

Offense:
The Falcons scored 261 Goals in 53 Games. That means, they scored 39 Goals more than the second placed Nevada Battleborn. Under the top 5 Goalscorers you see 3 Players from Detroit. Bnana NWaffles, Billy Herrington and Trap Zelenock. They scored 111 of the 261 Goals for the Falcons. If they would add Alexi Piastri from the Battleborn, the franchise in motor city would gave passed the 300 goals mark yet.

Defense:
Offense wins games, defense wins championships... And the Falcons have both this season. With only 111 Goals against in this 53 games they are on top of this list too. On second place we find nevada here too, 39 more goals against away... The falcons head coach uses his front 4 most of the tome. Cob Corning, Julian Florsch, Nathan Meagher and Nash Topalo are all averaging over twenty two  Minutes a game. So there is much quality long time at the backend of this hockey team.

Goaltending
Even in this categorie the detroit falcons are leading the way. With by far the leagues best goalie Jeff Newmann there is a big wall between the pipes in Michigin. A fantastic save percentage of 0,912 in 45 Games played and 5 shutouts will tell you much about this remarkable franchise goalie. Picked in the 3rd round of the s68 draft by the Minnesota monarchs this will really be a steal for them if this young golaie will bring his talent on the ice a long way. And then they can lean on their Backup too. Swiss Cheese played only 8 Games and was sitting on the bench most of the time. But when they need their second goalie he performed very well with a goals against average of under 2 and a save percentageof 0,917. You can add 1 shutout in these 8 games to his statistics. Both Goalies are even in the Goalie rating with a grade of 72.

Conclussion
If you have a whole bag of money, go to the bookmaker and bet on the detroit falcons. With all three team areas in top of the league they are a very good bet. Great job by the front office to get this kind of talents together und mix them for this great chemistry. But they have to stay patient, cool and healthy. If there werent any bad injuries or the team gets problems in the locker room the are the number one contender for the cup this season. Maybe i should go to the bookmaker myself ^^ (519 words)

Germany Sorry for my bad english, i tried my best !

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: “Only God knows who will go through....” --- Reporter: “It’s hard to ask him.” --- Zlatan: “You’re talking to him.”

@Dean_Melanson  APPROVED! +5 TPE