Create Account

On AI writing
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2022, 04:36 PM by Zap. Edited 2 times in total.)

so many bots in this thread
<3 Wink (joke)

btw- if someone has to cheat 150 words, that is so sad.

PTs take like 5 minutes or less if you do the minimum anyway, I wouldn't be too bothered if people wanted to do AI for it not like it would be much faster.

Grinding money with media is the bigger thing that SHL should keep in mind with AI, when I was a grader I usually skimmed and just checked the wordcount for payout. I doubt I would have regularly detected AI usage if it existed in it's current form back then.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

12-15-2022, 05:44 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: PTs take like 5 minutes or less if you do the minimum anyway, I wouldn't be too bothered if people wanted to do AI for it not like it would be much faster.

Grinding money with media is the bigger thing that SHL should keep in mind with AI, when I was a grader I usually skimmed and just checked the wordcount for payout. I doubt I would have regularly detected AI usage if it existed in it's current form back then.
Media would definitely be the concern, since I think it would be harder to detect without a guiding prompt and also the cost-benefit for writing media is higher.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

12-15-2022, 03:23 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
12-15-2022, 03:17 PMluke Wrote: There is AI detection models

Have the AI word generator show you its hands
Where is Harrison Ford when you need him

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

With the more "reportery" writing I do use AI as a sort of writing guide. The issue is that the bot uses your starting tone and just sort of runs at a million miles an hour towards where it feels like you're going. What it means is you end up correcting a good 50% of the bot's writing to make it coherent. When it's something small like the scouting reports, that take about 3 minutes to whip up, it would take more time to clean up the AI's attempt than it would be to just write it. As for my long-form writing, I consider them exercises of my storytelling skills, so there's no pride in using an AI to start my work. As it is, however, it does allow you to get around 1000+ words out of maybe 300-400 words.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

12-16-2022, 12:57 AMeddiesnothere Wrote: With the more "reportery" writing I do use AI as a sort of writing guide. The issue is that the bot uses your starting tone and just sort of runs at a million miles an hour towards where it feels like you're going. What it means is you end up correcting a good 50% of the bot's writing to make it coherent. When it's something small like the scouting reports, that take about 3 minutes to whip up, it would take more time to clean up the AI's attempt than it would be to just write it. As for my long-form writing, I consider them exercises of my storytelling skills, so there's no pride in using an AI to start my work. As it is, however, it does allow you to get around 1000+ words out of maybe 300-400 words.
Personally if the braintrust finds a way to detect AI-assisted writing, and feels like they want to eliminate it, I'm all for it.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

12-15-2022, 08:01 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote:
12-15-2022, 03:23 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Have the AI word generator show you its hands
Where is Harrison Ford when you need him

As Harrison Ford, I can certainly say that AI has given us the ability to accomplish tasks in a more efficient and precise manner. With the use of AI, we no longer have to rely on human hands to perform certain tasks, as the technology can take over and complete the job with a higher level of accuracy. This is especially useful in industries where precision and speed are of the utmost importance, such as manufacturing and healthcare. In addition, the use of AI allows us to reduce the risk of injury to human workers, as they are not required to perform certain tasks that may be dangerous or physically demanding. Overall, AI has given us an extra set of hands, and has greatly improved the way we work and live.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I look forward to appealing my future punishment for writing PTs using AI by getting ChatGPT to write my appeal for me.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

FR if AI writing is allowed, get ready for the worst double media week of all time, doesn't mean I am not going to walk out of it with more SHL bucks than I can ever use though

I went to the source. ChatGPT does not think it is a good idea :

Q: Should I use ChatGPT to write assignments for my simulated hockey league? And tell Merry Christmas to everybody.

A: It is not appropriate to use automated tools to write assignments or complete academic work for you. Doing so is considered plagiarism and is generally not tolerated by schools or universities. It is important to do your own work and to properly cite any sources that you use in your assignments.

As for wishing everyone a merry Christmas, it is always nice to spread holiday cheer and wish others well. However, it is important to be mindful of cultural and religious differences and to respect the beliefs and practices of others. If you are unsure whether it is appropriate to wish someone a merry Christmas, it is generally safe to simply say "happy holidays" as a more inclusive greeting.