Create Account

S68 PT #5: Auld Lang Syne

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PLAYER PROMPT - As the year wraps up in sim world, your player gets a short break before they have to get back to the grind of the season. It's the end of the year, there's lots to think about and people to see-- so how does your player spend the time? 

Written Task: You're on your end of the year break! What does your player do with this time? Do they celebrate any holidays at this time of year? Who with? Do you travel to be with family or friends? Looking back on your past season in the SHL, will you have lots to say when you see your loved ones? Will they be excited about what you've accomplished this season or will there be a few awkward conversations? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player cooking an end of the year feast for teammates.

USER PROMPT- Look, it's the last PT of the season, the last PT of the year, I get it. I want to give you a softball here.  

Written Task:  Write about your year! Yes, you! You personally! Tell me some things that gave you joy this year, maybe some things you're proud of, or some things that you're excited about. Focus on the positives. What are you hopeful for? Do you have big plans for next year? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me the best OFF ICE moment from your SHL player's year. What would make them happy that isn't hockey related?

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, December 25th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

PT pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Code:
Written Task: You're on your end of the year break! What does your player do with this time? Do they celebrate any holidays at this time of year? Who with? Do you travel to be with family or friends? Looking back on your past season in the SHL, will you have lots to say when you see your loved ones? Will they be excited about what you've accomplished this season or will there be a few awkward conversations? (150+ words)

Hard to believe that 2022 is coming to an end and that 2023 is about to arrive. By this time, the SHL playoffs should be over and the off-season has taken effect and Ben Jammin will look to take this time off to relax and get his mind off of a grueling season and playoffs. Ben will spend some time with his syndicate teammates at a holiday party where it will be a cozy, friendly and festive vibe where teammates get to hang with each other in a party environment. Once that party is over, Ben will fly home to Vancouver to spend time with his family and friends where he hasn't gotten to really see them cause of the hectic SHL hockey season. He will then just be a potato during this time and binge watch a bunch of shows, movies and get his mind away from hockey for a little while and to spread some holiday cheer. 

(159 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2022, 01:32 AM by boom. Edited 2 times in total.)

User Prompt

2022 was definitely up and down this year. Graduated with a university degree and started another one, had a big move to another city, so a lot of transitions in my life. Doing an education program and I'm really excited for the fall of 2023 when I get to go on my student teaching and really get out in the field. I've been able to meet a lot of people in this program and it's been great to get to study something that I'm so passionate about. Personally was a big milestone too as I hit 1 year on HRT. Finally getting to live openly as a woman was a huge plus for 2022 and I'm excited for the future here. A few stumbles with personal and family issues, but I'm getting more and more settled in to living where I do and so I'm hoping to take these in stride. Overall while 2022 was up and down, I think there's a lot to build off and I'm excited for 2023!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

User Prompt:

Wow, it's been a year already! It's hard to believe that on January 4th of last year, I stumbled across a reddit post advertising a simulated hockey league and decided to learn more. Since then, I've gotten drafted to two incredible teams, made my international debut at the world juniors tournament (and won some medals too), took over as the starting goaltender for team USA, and gone from a clueless rookie to the Co-GM of the team that helped start it all for me. My player career has had its ups and downs, but things are looking good for the future! What I wouldn't have ever expected though is how much this league would end up meaning to me, and the great friends I'd make along the way. From Quebec City to Edmonton to Team USA, all three organizations I've been a part of have been amazing places to be, and I can't possibly say enough to thank the great people in those teams and across the league for everything they've done to make this year a fun experience.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Write about your year! Yes, you! You personally! Tell me some things that gave you joy this year, maybe some things you're proud of, or some things that you're excited about. Focus on the positives. What are you hopeful for? Do you have big plans for next year? (150+ words)

Well, it's been a hell of a year! Good and bad, up's and downs, that's for sure. Let's take a look back at the good because to hell with the bad stuff, on the positive side of this year because we want to stay positive, my wife came home with two amazing kittens that I am absolutely obsessed with (Gizmo and Bubbles) I started a new hobby with not one but three sim leagues and I've really enjoyed the time I put into it! I was gifted a PS5 by one of my best friends, and it has almost completely taken up my daily life. I made it another season at my job without either A getting fired or B quitting and that's a big positive because I need the job to live and living is pretty darn sweet if you ask me! I got all my Christmas shopping down in a responsible amount of time! Just kinda waiting on the one to show up but you know what its the thought that counts, and lastly the core of my family is strong and still going so bring it on twenty twenty-three show me what you got!

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Player prompt

End of the year Christmas breaks are always good to have for a pro hockey player since there usually is so little time in the schedule to enjoy time off. While there isn't enough time to travel and see the family in Finland - that is something that fits better into the off-season break in the summer - Harry Carpet and his family have a tradition that his parents and usually also his sister with her family visit him for Christmas when the schedule allows it. It's much easier for them to take a couple of weeks off. The rest of his family is already there anyway, so that's their plan for this year as well. Since the visitors often stay for a longer period than just the days Harry gets off, they always attend at least one or two home games. This year in particular will be somewhat different because it's one of the last years they get to celebrate like this since nobody knows where everyone will be in the future.
(173 words)

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2022, 03:43 AM by hockeyiscool. Edited 1 time in total.)

Written Task: You're on your end of the year break! What does your player do with this time? Do they celebrate any holidays at this time of year? Who with? Do you travel to be with family or friends? Looking back on your past season in the SHL, will you have lots to say when you see your loved ones? Will they be excited about what you've accomplished this season or will there be a few awkward conversations? (150+ words)

With the end of the year on the horizon Dwight Knight is looking forward to going back home to visit his family on the farm in wales and get back to his roots. I need to travel by airport then by cab or car rental to get to the family farm, in regards to the simulation hockey league season there is not much to talk about in the Tampa Bay Barracuda team performance. There has been a lot of movement out of the locker room since the season 65 cup finals appearance. A lot of retirements and a few player movements due to the management looking to create a new window of winning that is outside of Dwight's time period. However Dwight feels a sense of responsibility to usher into the new era of youth into Tampa Bay. However going from regularly reaching the second round of the playoffs to missing the playoffs completely this year was tough one. Dwight reassured his family that Tampa Bay was just tanking this season to try and secure a highly sought after prospect this coming year. But his family was just happy to see him as to not bust his chops as their relationship is generally quite wholesome.

[180 words+]

Player task:

During holiday season, there is only short break from SHL games. That is the reason why Salming can not travel back to Europe from Seattle. He needs to stay in North America but he does it with smile on his face because there is still lot to learn from Christmas traditions in the North America. Salming doesn't stop training because it would hurt his fitness levels and he needs to be ready to play hockey soon after Christmas Eve. However, he keeps a break from ice training and does only some small running drills to keep his energy level high. After excersice, also Christmas food tastes better. This year Christmas will be also little different because Salming will celebrate with his family SHL championships title which Argonauts won on S67. There will be a special made cake coming to table from the bakery store. So it will be fun night but only one night because already on Christmas Day Salming will return to tough training.

[Image: salming.png]

Andy will be spending the off-season thinking long and hard about what shooting is, and how it works. He's already more than happy to partake in it, much in the same way that people who don't know the first thing about topics are more than happy to state their opinions about them as facts. Which probably explains why Mr. Ceylon has put up 130(ish) shots with 2% shot conversion this season. Because his shots are just as accurate as those people's takes, as it turns out. Now Andy doesn't want to be that much of an Andy. So he will be setting up a net at his parents house, where he's looking to spend the holiday break. And he's going to enter into a Team America-style montage (with the Montage-song) to somehow magically increase his shooting prowess to something significantly better almost overnight. This might seem like foul magic to the untrained eye, but really it's just the power of banked TPE and Seasonal Training.

Jay Cue just spends all his free time with friends and family. Either at his multi million dollar, fashion magazine cover, interior designer dream, mansion, or, more common during this time, he just gets on his private jet, a Bombardier Global 7500, books some crazy expensive private island and off he goes to enjoy some sun and dolce fare niente with his closest people.

Being rich is really awesome, and this allows Cue to just get away from it all for a few days, as the holiday break is not very long. But this is exactly why he is one of the best players in the league, because he manages to separate his business, from his pleasure. Give it all during training and games, but when there is some free time, he also splurges at 100% effort. Why do you want to make millions playing a sport if you do not spend it when you have the time? Go for it.

(161 words)

My year has gone really well to be honest. I managed graduate from a master's degree in psychology and I followed that up now with almost completing a CIPD Diploma. So I'm well on my way to moving into the field that I would like to work in to be honest. Other than that it has been at times rather slow of a year, but that's just how things go! One minute it feels like we're stuck in february for ages and then all of a sudden it is december. I recently just had my parents' cats finally move in with me, so that has been something that has honestly brightened every day up. They're very loving so whenever I get home from a long day of work, they're always keen to hang out and its nice having cats to hang out with to be honest haha. Time just isn't a commodity we have, so having the cats that are happy to do their own thing, but also spend time together is super relaxing and chilled out. I hope you had a wonderful year and hopefully many more to come!

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

This year has been incredible so it's only fair to take a moment to talk about it. This year we had one main goal in mind and that was to move back to our home town. There isn't much in terms of work back home so the tough part was trying to find work. Once we had that figured out we could really get things going. I had a couple of work from home opportunities come up but nothing long term of fulfilling that matched my area of work, but then I had an amazing opportunity with a local company that would give me more benefits, more pay and everything else I could ever think of with a position located in my home town. I got the job and the wife was offered a job shortly after as well, she's a nurse so it wasn't too hard finding work here for her. We moved home in May and life has changed so much. The kids see the grandparents so much more now, we see our other family members like my sister's and my nieces when I would only get one if any opportunities to see them before and this Christmas we are completely surrounded by family without having to rush and try to see as many people as we can if we had come in for a week or two like we had done in the past. Our goal next year is to buy our first home and we're incredibly excited to finally have a place we can call our own. That dream is just a few short months away.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

User Prompt:

Let's talk about the one thing that has given me a lot of joy recently that my locker room in Winnipeg has heard a lot about: my improbable fantasy football run. 5 weeks ago, I was sitting at a 1% chance to make the playoffs. I had a good team and was scoring points, but bad luck had me lose 6 matchups in a row, finding myself at 3-7 with little hope for the trophy. As luck would have it, I started to string together wins and key opponents suffered defeats. I ended up winning 4 weeks in a row and had a dozen other things go right concerning other teams. Everything fell into place and I ended up with a playoff berth last week. And after yesterday, I just claimed a first round victory against the best team in the league. I am now matched up against #2 for my workplace fantasy trophy. It's going to be a tough matchup, but it seems luck may be on my side. It's not much in the grand scheme of things, but this will be a core memory that makes me happy to think about - especially if I can bring home the hardware next week.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs