Create Account

S68 PT #5: Auld Lang Syne

User Prompt

For me personally this was a big year of change! Back in April I quit my job because I was tired of working at a place where the boss treated everyone like crap. I wanted to move back to the mountains so I found a new job in Banff at one of the resort hotels. I have a ew gig as a bartender where I get to make fun cocktails and sling drinks for tourists, and bullshit with Americans all day. On my days off I go for hikes and walks around the various trails. I can literally pick a direction and start walking and there will be a trail which leads to a lake or waterfall or outlook which will have a spectacular view. I have been getting much more physically fit as well as spiritually as communing with nature is good for the soul! Work conditions are great, living conditions are great, and it's still close enough to home that when I need a break or want to see my kids it's only a 4 hour drive away! All in all it has breally been a positive change!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

USER PROMPT

It's been an up and down year me, so I don't know if I'm happy it's ending or if I'm sad it's already over, the year literally just flew by for me. The big news is that I graduated from college with my bachelor's degree and I'll start working full time in 2023 and I don't know how I'll adapt to that, so I have mixed feelings about it! Adding to that, I'll start my masters degree part time so I'll have a lot on my plate in the coming year. I don't know how all of this will impact my sim league career, but I intend on updating Kaapo as long as he's useful and someone wants me.on their roster. I also may have a girlfriend now after two years being single, so there's that to look forward to! For 2023, I hope I stay healthy and I have plenty of success professionally, academicaly and romantically! A cup would be nice too to be honest.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

Code:
Graphic Task: Show me the best OFF ICE moment from your SHL player's year. What would make them happy that isn't hockey related?

[Image: image.png]

Pablo Salvatici's best off ice moment this year was hanging out with Atlanta native Playboi Carti

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Hodor doesn't have many family members, so on his break he likes to check out animals because they tend to be nicer and less complicated than people. He'll go to the zoo all day several times, talking with the bored looking ones and admiring the flashy ones. He goes to the petting zoos too and likes to calm ones that look to be overstimulated from overexcited patrons. He's done this enough that zoo staff have given him frequent permission to visit animals in their habitats and interact with them personally. He loves the play with the wolves most because they remind him of home, especially during holiday break when it's cold and snowy out. He even gets occasional permission to bring them back to the stadium for a visit (with additional staff to watch of course) and he gets to introduce them to his team members and show them the rink where he works. He has a fun time.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

I went back to work for a company that I without a doubt love and that took care of me the best they could. That was a big positive on the year. Of course also being able to go out and see people, breathe air, touch grass. I enjoyed doing that again though it still feels really weird doing it after not doing it for so long. I am looking forward to trying to better myself personally, cut down sugary drinks, get back into some shape rather than the big oval shape I have seemingly found myself in over the last few years. I am looking forward to the next step in the Artemis Project, I want to see the next humans set foot on the moon. I know they said 2024 at the earliest but you never know these days, maybe it will get moved up. I'd like to see prices come down, I couldn't find a ham for Christmas this year. Last year found one no problem but this year 3 stores, no ham.

I had Wawa for Christmas, sadge but better than nothing.

Written Task:

THIS YEAR WAS PRETTY COOL. I had a long year to be honest, it went by quick but it feels like I am coming out the other side a different person in a lot of ways. Moved to Vancouver area late late last year, and finally got our own place together early this year, which had a large up front cost having to basically furnish the entire place from scratch, buy new PC etc. Finally was able to get back out of an entry level position and jump back into the gov after COVID wiped my post-degree position last minute and made me take an offer I wish I didn't now. Got a new car too, and things are starting to settle down a lot now and mellow out. Inherited a cat after a close relative passed from cancer which was probably the roughest few months around here for me with my partner losing a parent and needing a lot of empathy and care. It was probably one of the better years in a professional sense and just being established in a new place, but also a very tough personal year really. It was a lot and I am pretty happy to put it in the books.

It’s the end of the year and it’s not a long break so sadly Rasmus can’t make the trip home to Sweden for Christmas. It’s probably for the best since his hip probably wouldn’t hold up too great on the fight but it’s always a bit sad not to get home for the holidays. Instead, he’ll be heading to Chicago to stay with some friends that he met this year during training camp. It’s a way to get away from the grind of the hockey season while still staying in touch with those around him and doing some meaningful bonding.

He’s got a lot to talk about this year. He was named captain of the Berserkers and had to battle through adversity as the team got off to a truly horrid start. It was a great learning experience as he worked to right the ship and rally the troops in order to make a run during the second half of the season.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

As the 68th season of the Simulation Hockey League comes to a close with the playoffs ongoing and the Hamilton Steelhawks not playing a part of them I have to wonder how much more do I have left within me. It is 22nd or 23rd season in the league and I am one of the oldest active players remaining and I just don't know if I can keep up the pace. I started the season thinking I could easily to get 30 seasons, and this season I missed two weeks worth of prime times and hat tricks and 1 PT and mPT, the most TPE tasks I've ever missed in any season, and perhaps the most point tasks I've ever missed in all my seasons combined. This season I moved up to 2nd all time in points, behind only my teammate Awils (a record I will never catch up to) and maybe now is the time to call it (after this next szn cause I already re-signed).

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

User prompt:

My year was pretty good. In real life hockey wise, I was able to take a couple of power skating courses in the spring and I think that really helped with my skating development (which it better have because they were very expensive classes). I definitely came out of those classes a lot better on my edges and skating, some improvement to stick handling and shooting as well but definitely skating was the big focus for me and I think I did pretty well in that aspect. I used a lot of what I learned in the classes to go to stick and pucks and practice stuff there as well. For the upcoming year I want to continue to work on my skating and also improve my shooting as well. Part of that might be eventually finding a stick and curve that I really like, but most of that is probably just getting my technique down a bit better.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar