Create Account

S68 PT #5: Auld Lang Syne

PLAYER PROMPT / graphic

Walton Stromberg never half-asses anything, so the end of the year feast will be top-notch molecular gastronomy.

[Image: i117v8g.png]

[Image: sulov.gif]

Turns out Videl has taken up book writing as a hobby.

[Image: Videl_Pt5.png]

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

User Prompt

I for one am overjoyed by how my year and my team's year went. When I came into this league, I didn't really care to focus on any accomplishments just because I knew this would be the more relaxing of the sim leagues I'm a part of. Lo and behold I find out that I break the record for most wins in a SMJHL season. Suffice to say, I'm very happy by that and by my overall stats, being high in Goals Allowed, Save Percentage, and Goals Saved Above Average. My team also finished with the best record in the league by a wide margin, with many players on the scoring charts. That gives me so much joy, knowing finally that I'm part of a real contending team for once in my sim league career. I can't wait for the playoffs and hopefully the playoff gods are nice to us. For next season, I'm focusing on just getting myself ready for when a call-up could be happening and if not keeping my skills fresh for the next season.

Code:
178 words

It's been a great hockey season so far for the Stampede. The team has been performing well and we've had some really exciting wins. Bean has been really good on the ice, too. His skills are still sharp and he still able to contribute to Buffalo’s success. But despite all the positive things happening on the ice, I can't help feeling a little sad with Bean getting further into regresison. Bean is getting up there in seasons and I know that his time is coming to an end soonish. It's something that I've known was going to happen eventually, but it's crazy that it came so fast. Feels like just yesterday Bean was drafted to Anchorage to play for the Armada. Still a bit salty that Bean went on to lose like 4 championships in a row while in Anchorage but that is a post for another day about grievances. Just going to enjoy these last few seasons with Bean

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

PLAYER PROMPT

What are holidays? Time off? Why the hell would people want that? They're just letting everyone down. Oh you mean that period of time when I have more free time to work out and for my surgeries? Others use that time how? To do nothing? That doesn't make any sense, you're making it up. Why would anyone want to do nothing. Spending time with family? Why? Just spend time with them like you normally would.

My loved ones are the scientists pumping my body full of steroids, the doctors repairing the damage I've done to my body over a vigorous year of training and professional hockey without a single day off, the great ones coaching me and donating to me their brain scans so that I may continue to grow to be the best hockey player ever using them as my base, and my nutritionists making continuous advancements in their art to provide me with the ultimate nutritious grey sludge. All while my nation's elite, my creators, and the State Security service debrief me on my year of hockey and espionage activities.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

User Task:

This year has been eventful, as they always are. My kids are now 2 and 3, so it's fun seeing them grow into their own a bit, develop their personalities, etc. I could do without the temper tantrums, but I suppose those are developmentally appropriate, as well Smile My wife went back to work and is working in the same school as me, so that's cool, although it's been a big adjustment for her. The thing we are most excited about right now is that we will be hosting a foreign exchange student from Malaysia starting in January! It's been super fun getting to know her and planning for her 6 month stay with us, and it's a topic of pretty constant conversation for my wife and I. It is sure to be an adventure and we are super pumped to experience such a one-of-a-kind opportunity to help a young adult learn more about this country, and for us to learn more about hers!

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Player prompt:

Viktor Hargreeves' end of year break isn't too much out of the ordinary. He flies home to Nova Scotia to watch his siblings stampede back and forth through the house whilst he curls up in the corner with some tea and a book. Slightly different versions of this happen daily right up until Christmas, which usually consists of your stereotypical Christmas supper followed by an absolute barn burner of a white elephant gift exchange. Once boxing day rolls around, the majority of the Hargreeves tornado splits off to return to their own homes. Since relocating out of the province, Viktor has taken to going to stay with his uncle through the new year. On New Years Eve, the duo have the oven going literally all day as they bake and eat obscene amounts of hors d'oeuvres right up until midnight. By the time they're finished, neither can bare the mere sight of finger foods, but 1. It was totally worth it, and 2. They get an entire year to forget the regret and do it all again.

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

USER PROMPT

The things I've been most excited about this year all involve Michigan. I've been working on moving there for a long while and this year I actually began working on the process. Though nothing has come through on it yet, I've applied for quite a few jobs, done a few interviews, and am hopeful that at some point I'll land a job there to help facilitate my move. At the same time I've been working with SchwarzNarr to start building our future home there. Even without landing a job, I've been doing my best to put back money in the hopes that even jobless I can have enough of a nest egg to move eventually just off of savings to float me for a bit until I can get a job local. The whole process has really felt good and it feels like the first time I've really moved forward in my life in years. Here's hoping next year brings even more progress!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Prompt 2

This has been a big year in my world! I started a new job in May that I really enjoy; it’s been kicking my butt but I finally feel like I’m in a job I can grow with and stick in longer than a year or two. Great coworkers and bosses are SO IMPORTANT to feeling valued and supported, and I’m thrilled to finally be in that position. Outside of that, I have some great friends, am playing a bunch of TTRPGs which I love, and fell into GMing an SHL team (something I never thought I’d end up doing!) Shoutout to the real ones who have had my back over the hectic last few months of trying to rebuild Baltimore @sköldpaddor @lespoils @CementHands @Zoone16 and also the new folks that jumped right in to help make the team do great things. Likely more to come in the mPT.

I’m excited to spend the holidays with some found family back in the homeland (if the storm doesn’t kill me first).

Also, I wanna brag about something! I set a goal to read 10,000 pages in 2022…. And I recently blew past 14,000 pages read so far this year! I could potentially break 15,000 pages and 40 books if I really grind the next two weeks.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I think the thing that I am most happy about with myself in the past year is that I have learned when I need to let things go and learned when I need to be the bigger person. Those are two things that I have always struggled with, and although I am by no means perfect in this regard now, it is something that I have seen a marked improvement in myself in over the last year. My goal for next year is to figure out what career path I want to take and begin taking my first steps into that world, and I am only able to do that because of the growth I have done as a person in the last year. The two I mentioned earlier were certainly big parts of that, but I also learned to not be as hard on myself and to be content with what I have. My struggle now is that fine line between contentment and complacency, but I am working on it!

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Player prompt:

Another season come and gone and now its time to spend the summer at the lake. Fishing will be done on the daily and BBQ Is in the air. We will be grilling all sorts of meat and there will be an after fishing nap each day. I will be at lake with some family that is proud to know that I have tried my best. This is my second season and it has been way better than the last. Putting in more work and effort this season has gained me more maturity and skill. Daily hikes and nature walks will fill my days and games of corn hole will be enjoyed by all. Probably a few beers involved but I'll be sure to stay in shape because I will be active everyday. Probably invite some friends out for some other time and relaxing and having some laughs. Being away from the city is the best therapy for me and I look forward to next season!

Player Prompt
Bastien Primeau being of both Canadian ( From his Father, Sebastien ) and Sweden ( From his Mother ) nationality would spend the holidays in Stockholm with his mother and her family. Sebastien would be there as Bastien's parents are still together and they would enjoy the festivities in a traditional way all the while going out skiing and so some snowboarding which is a thing Bastien enjoys. He will be enjoying himself also through playing video games and watching some movies, catching up on some series he didn't watch during the season as well. With the season the Falcons just had he will have loads to say to relatives and friends for sure. He would then spend some time home to his birthplace in Montréal where he will spend time on the Father's family side of things while going on some charity drives and give money and food he brought to those in needs. He would spend time with his friends as well, go clubbing also, enjoying life.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2022, 04:59 PM by eddiesnothere. Edited 1 time in total.)

Banners fly all over the streets, all adorned in red and yellow colors. Murals and flags with "30,4" written on them are on every corner. The busy street is loaded with bicycles, mopeds, and passersby, going through their daily motions, but they walk a little taller, their face a bit brighter.

Hải Nam Hoàng feels the confidence, the quiet patriotism, but he cannot celebrate, not personally. He's home for the week, to visit and to accept an invitation. It's the last day of the fourth month of April, the day Viet Nam unified. Here, in Ho Chi Minh City, it is more boisterous and happy than it is for any other day besides Tet. A good day to celebrate patriots. At least, that's how the mayor sees it with him. He's heading to the Vincom Ice Rink, in the center of town. Located in a mall is the only ice rink in the urban part of the city, where Mayor Thảo Bích Ngô is going to present him with a dedication for the mall, though his communication of what the presentation exactly contains was vague.

Hoàng's parents wanted to go, but they prefer to celebrate the holiday with their parents, in his home district of Buôn Đôn. He didn't mind. He didn't really feel overly interested in spending the weekend back home, but he also felt awkward staying back with his bilets, the Phạm's, a family of four in Great Falls who took him in a year prior. For them, today isn't Reunification Day, but Black April, a wake of the country they had run from after the fall of the city he now walks through. It wasn't the first time he felt the silent division between Vietnamese at home and abroad, but it was the most vivid. Hoàng's father had once said something about them to him in private, and now he hopes they never meet. He knows it will be awkward staying with them next weekend. Maybe he could stay with O'Sullivan. He had done that once during St. Patrick's Day, and it was a wild night.

"Hey, you're Hải Nam Hoàng!", a voice shouts through the crowd near a coffee house.

Hoang turns to acknowledge and is pleased to see a small boy. He's probably 10 or 11, because of the clothes, he's in school, but there's no school today on account of the holiday. He's sitting with another young boy and a girl, who seem confused as to their companion's excitement.

"They talk about you on the television! You're some kind of star in America, aren't you?" The words perk him up. He knows the coverage of his exploits probably don't give much lip service to how the Grizzlies did at the end of the season.

"You keep studying. What your teachers will say will change your life for the better." His Vietnamese is still strong, which makes him feel better. As the three kids wave, Hoàng continues down the muddy street.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

PLAYER PROMPT

There are many different factors that affect all the choices of these holidays. If hockey games fall during this festival, it is more likely to be more real to give the family game tickets to be with their own. It's not so tight and sweet, but it's the way we can be together. If there are no games during this time, I definitely go to Latvia with my family, there the group celebrates the festivities and then I can reconnect to playing hockey. All in all, I try to be with my family this holiday anyway, because it's a family holiday nonetheless. But this season it looks like the world championship in hockey will fall straight into the festive period, around the new year's celebrations, meaning you'll have to go to training camp. That doesn't rule out the possibility of team management launching us for a festive dinner with families, but after that it's definitely going to have to work harder to get the athletic shape you want. In short, so.

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie