Create Account

S68 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams

St Louis has felt a surge of rejuvenation this season with all the high end rookies that joined the team. Their playoff hopes of the past are now showing them to be contenders. The team has been preparing for the playoffs by having double length practices and pizza parties. You heard me right, pizza parties. Everyone loves pizza and with Luca's secret sauce, the team is ready to bulk up and play a physical brand of hockey. The double length practices are brutal, but each player is putting 110% into it. Not only that, we have reinvented our music choices to prep for the intensity of the games. The comedic songs of the past are no more, now it is all high intensity EDM with guest DJ's at every practice. The Scarecrows are more than ready to take the post season into their hands. Expect the rookies to step up and the vets to lock it down for the Scarecrows.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

The Carolina Kraken went on an absolute heater in the final two-thirds of the season and managed to secure themselves the first-round bye, so they've been at home, getting in some excellent practice. But it's not all hard work, as they've also been celebrating their success by getting together as a team and watching the rest of the series play out in the team training facility. The older players have brought in the booze, while the rookies are in charge of feeding everyone. There have been several practices the day after a particularly exciting set of games where the team is moving a little slower than usual due to some excessive partying. The one who goes the craziest FITTED *PRIMETIME99* CUDDLES, and nobody is really surprised by the shenanigans and antics that he gets up to after a few cases of beer. The Kraken are prepped and ready to take on the Regina Elk in their first series and are hoping to make it all the way to the cup this season.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Our team made playoffs and in order to get better with our team and with a lot of new teammates we spent a ton of time practicing as well as lots of team building such as going to paintball events and attending boxing classes to toughen everyone up as well as working to increase our teams intensity and physicality for the playoffs which plays well into Ryan Mckennedys style of play of hitting people till they can't play no more and our players is to make playing the berserkers as unpleasant as possible. Individually Ryan McKennedy does his pre game ritual of working out the morning of every game that he plays so that his is always in shape and always ready to bring the pain as well as his pre game mean which is multiple pulled pork sandwiches and fresh made corn bread in order to have the energy needed to play at 100% the whole game 

Word count (158)

We've prepared for the playoffs in many ways we've had lots of cereal lots of eggs lots of bananas and of course lots Katy Perry this team is unstoppable when it comes to it being crunch time because we are crunch guys and do a lot of crunches in the locker room you know because someone's got to play with bottle But 4 games sweep 4 games sweep that's all we're gonna do bring out the brooms we are the janitors time to mop before so I can bring him back to Colorado and they're gone to Toronto cause this is just what we do we are the chosen ones we have been led by Terry and we have been led by the honored but no one knows what that means because I can't f****** voice text it properly so it is what it is but we all number 1 we are here to stay It forever and no one will ever stop us until at least I leave because I am goat and go to grass Let's hear it for f****** Peter bill baby

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Maine has taken home another division title but do finish 7th overall in the league. They have a tough match up right off the bat facing the Anchorage Armada. This is one serious that I had a hard time predicting but it’s going to the be team that puts in the work that will walk away with this series win.

To prep for this series Peter Tingle is at the gym and on the ice every day of the week. Training and preparation is keys to bringing your best effort forward each game. The hard part is making sure to find the right balance so that you’re not over stressed before the series even begins. All of these work outs and on ice training have to be mixed with the proper amount of rest and nutrition to maximize the results of your work.

There are no days off at this point of the season.

I wish we had playoff training. Up here in Great Falls we had spring cleaning out of our locker rooms and draft prep workouts. Then with nothing to do for weeks until the combine and the actual majors workouts we  just went and played Golf. I went with Tork, Ox, and Kane. I, the multisport athelete of us, shot the best at -2 on the par 72 course up in Great Falls. Tork came next at 2 over par, Kane was 10 over because of a hole 14 that included 2 trips to the man made water hazard just off the fairway. Aaand Matt Ox has no finesse here either so he shot 50 over par due to 7 hole forfeits. Although hilariously Ox hole in one'd a very short 17 some how. It was good teammate bonding experience and a good way for the future of GFG to come together and have some fun as we rest up for next season. 

163 words

SSL Affiliate

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

The St. Louis Scarecrows have a number of traditions dating back decades in some cases. One of the most revered and sacred of these is the Pre Playoffs Pajama Party or P cubed for short.

This magical tradition was started by Scarecrows alum and eventual Hall of Fame inductee Otis B. Driftwood, at the time a young and upcoming defenseman with a reputation for hard play and hard drinking.

The team felt a little flat heading into the postseason. After the long struggle of the regular season, guys were tired and spirits were low . Otis decided on a course of action to shake things up and revitalize the squad.

He invited the whole team over to his loft apartment in downtown St. Louis for a sleepover pajama party. Everybody brought a potluck dish or just copious amounts of alcohol along with their jammies.

A wonderful time was had by all. They screened It's a Wonderful Life and Bad Santa. They had a pillow fight. They played light as a feather, stuff as a board. They gossiped and did each other's hair. It was a fun family bonding experience.

The next morning, after a pancake breakfast and many hugs, they all went their separate ways, armed with a newfound sense of optimism, vigor and love for all things Scarecrows.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2022, 01:52 PM by Randominoe.)

The 68th iteration of the SMJHL season did not go as planned for the Kelowna Knights, as we finished twelfth out of fourteen teams and at the bottom of our division. Therefore, without the playoffs to prepare for, the BC-based team were left to find other activities to take part in before the offseason begun and they could spend some much needed time with their families. Management decided that in preparation for next season, they would use this limbo-period to engage in a team-building activity, which ended up being a game of Chivalry 2 at the local internet cafe. Each member of the team chose their class and entered into battle, with the teams being split in a way that had the third and fourth-year players taking on the sophomores and rookie Knights. Considering the younger team outnumbered the elderly players 3 to 1, it is no surprised that the former came out victorious, with many laughs and tense moments shared that will hopefully lead to better cohesion in S69.

(170 Words)

The Maine timber have prepared and trained all season for the chance for a back to back run for the four star cup. The way they have prepared is listen to the veterans who were on the faithful 4 round cup run. Upsets galore and the grind that came with the playoffs. Everything’s bigger goals hit turnovers you name it. It will make or break you but at the end of the day only the W matters. I myself hirano have been hitting the gym consistently and it has helped a tremendous bit. Certainly as we are up 2 - 0 currently. We have to win this series to head to the confrerence finals which is massive. And none other than Hirano with a game tying goal. If Maine is going to prevail it’ll have to take that regular season success with them. That and the veterans have to show the young guns what it’s like to play in the playoffs. Let’s go timber!!!

166 words

Detroit is doing just more of the same. when you're this elite why would you change anything? we finished 11 games ahead of the next best team and i think changing it up or doing anything different would be a horrible decision from the coaching staff. I expect we'll be even more since we can start focusing on every single series individually instead of as a whole. I'm not confident there is a team in this league who can beat us 4 times in a series when we are 100% focused on playing that team to the best of our abilities. hopefully we can get some of our rookies a bit of ice time during the garbage time in these games that will help continue to build the success of the team by allowing them to build their comfort level during important series this season and we'll continue to dominate for years to come.

[Image: f7.png]

Our team probably prepared for the playoffs by scouting the next draft class and seeing what players we should draft with our high picks. Nah I don't know if that is true or not because they won't let me in the war room at all. 
As for my player and spare time, any spare time he has usually gets spent on playing golf. Weather in Newfoundland usually prevents outside golf from being played so Hoppa had a golf simulator installed in his house so he can always stay home nice and warm and play golf at his own leasure. This is definitely what John is going to spend about 87% of his offseason doing and just the whole time regretting when he has to go back to training for the SHL again.

[Image: hopoate.png]

Our team has spent some quality time looking inward at why we have struggled in past years.  It is very clear that the sim engine has it out for us so rather than spending time getting better or training, we instead plotted against the home office to see how we could hack the system to give us a fair shot this year.  It will take some careful planning but we know we can execute the strategy.  First we will hold a meeting with the head leadership under the premise that we want to do something charitable.  Something that will put them off-guard.  From there we will infiltrate the main servers and upload a virus that will erase the negative against our team and give us a chance to actually win.  We won't take it too far as we do not want to be seen as cheating, we just want to actually have a chance.  There will be little chance to stop us if this works!

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Us Zerkers worked hard to prepare for the playoffs, but sadly we came up short against the Regina Elk. It wasn't surprising really but we had a strategy going into the playoffs, we had a 2-1 series lead after 3 games but after that we did not come within 2 goals of a victory. One factor might very well be the dullness of Grimmjow Jaegerjaques who despite training didn't improve any of his attributes the last 3 weeks of the season going into the playoffs. I blame myself immensely but it is what it is. it was a down year for us and we will for sure make a splash next season. Our main preparation was just chilling out, trying to just take it as it came in our off time. A LOT of team meetings just watching Christmas movies really. We're not too heartbroken over this, as we know that this won't be the outcome next season.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

The Whalers had a fairly mediocre season but it was to be expected. We were not expected to win the whole thing but we definitely wanted to put up a good fight. Lining up against St. Louis was always going to be a tall order but I think we played as well as could be expected, even winning a game. We just prepared by training hard and went in with a solid gameplan. It wasn't nearly enough but we did not go down without a fight. Even Game 5, the last game of the series, came down to the wire as we fought back and only lost by a goal. I think we have a lot of mental toughness and it was key in preparing us for the series. Our preparation goes behind the playoffs this season and I expect us to be a better side in the future. Now that we are done, all I can do is prepare for next season and go at it again. I have a lot of build on.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland