Create Account

S68 SMJHL Postseason Bonanza
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 10:30 PM by Bonk. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. Fan Appreciation Day
Little did Hugh Manius realize that when he had to design a item for fan appreciation day that things would turn out so well. At first, he was unsure as to what to design so he looked to his team mate Walt "Clyde" Frazier for inspiration. Walt is a sharp dressed man with numerous sweet suits for every occasion. That was only real difficulty in the process. Because there were some many great ideas for his wardrobe.
Such as the fly cow skin print suit. Everyone loves the Holstein look. Well at least if you love corn fed dames then you might like the Holstein look
[Image: 150de2592009dbddd39deba20c33d0c56d-11-wa...-w330.webp]
Then there was the red version of cow skin print. who does not loves the red Holstein look?
[Image: a3bec25cba582ff4f3998b60a5dad379.jpg]
Then there was also the cool power look outfit. He is Just ready to start party.
[Image: waltfrazierprivate.jpg]
Who could forget funky Clyde with those fine threads. Hugh really does not know what to think of this look.
[Image: R.jpg]
And then there was also the paisley print Clyde as well. Hugh could grasp a paisley print tie but a whole suit. That was too much.
[Image: untitled-2.webp]
But focusing on Walt "Clyde" Frazier wardrobe can be exhausting in the end it proved to be too much.
Therefore, Hugh tried to go into different direction but no matter what he did he came back to Walt "Clyde" Frazier wardrobe. There had to be something there and after staring at him long enough it finally came to him. The prefect give away for St Louis Scarecrows fan appreciation day. It was a replica of the cross with the little spoon pendant that Walt "Clyde" Frazier wears all the time. It is silver cross with a St Louis Scarecrows logo right in the middle of it. The cross also unscrew to reveal a small spoon or digger as Hugh was unsure of its exact use and speculated that it would be possibly be used for picking his nose. Walt "Clyde" Frazier commitment to this cross convinced him it would be the perfect give away.
It was absolutely the best thing in Walt "Clyde" Frazier wardrobe and Hugh knew it would be a huge hit with the fans.
[Image: R-1-jfif-edit.png]
So, Hugh proposed the idea to management and they actually thought it was good idea and leap at the opportunity to support this item for St Louis Scarecrows fan appreciation day and after some vigorous discuss about the matter it was finalized. They would call it the necklace “The Hanging Scarecrow”.
The St Louis Scarecrows fan appreciation day was site to be hold, it was held during the against the Great Falls Grizzlies on October fourteenth 2034. This was game in which the St Louis Scarecrows destroyed the Great Falls Grizzlies in game the saw the scarecrows score seven goals to the Grizzlies three. This game also highlighted the talents of Hugh Manius as the break out rookie scoring a goal have an assist in addition to have three hits and was a plus two. Along with his game leading six shots on goal and was award the third star of the game. As for Walt "Clyde" Frazier his game consisted of one goal out of his five shot on net. As for the fans they loved the game and the give away as nearly everyone in attendance was wearing their “The Hanging Scarecrow” and all seemed to smiles on their faces. Although several fan also seemed to be quick tempered and somewhat irrational as the whole place did seem to be on edge. The stands seemed to be filled with sweaty people who rubbed the nose quite often and were very jittery and jumpy. Along with a few fights over some of “The Hanging Scarecrow” as the appeared to be a hot item with lots of the fans. Overall though the fans loved the away and were asking if there will be anymore “The Hanging Scarecrow”. Give aways in the future.

Words~655

+3 TPE - S68 SMJHL Milestones

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 02:43 PM by HanTheMan_. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
18. Milestones
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!

+3 TPE - S68 Milestones

Code:
Fan Appreciation Day - 3 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

For fan appreciation the Yukon Malamutes hand out limited edition geometric logo merchandise like stickers, shirts, beanies, etc.

[Image: Artboard_12x.png]

Code:
15. Charity Drive
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Write about a charity or event that your player helped out with.

This year the Yukon Malamutes decide to dedicate some of their off-season time to go help support the Yukon Learn Society which is a non-profit organization that aims to promote life long learning and to combat the on going literacy crisis in Yukon. They cover all aspects of communication and literacy including digital literacy, critical thinking, reading, writing, oral communication, et cetera. Their services are offered to both adults and children, as there is an adult literacy crisis in the Yukon. The team sits in the classes and helps with public speaking and interviews, since their careers revolve around being on the road and talking a lot to press and reporters. When the classes are done, they provide equipment for the organization and do a demo on how to skate and play hockey. To top it off, the Yukon Malamutes make a donation on behalf of the team and will continue to show their support. (155 words)

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

1. Fan Appreciation Day

6. Team History

11. A 6 Star Show

18. Milestones - 3 TPE

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 03:23 PM by damienj10. Edited 9 times in total.)

Place holder

12. On the Radar
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S68 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

So potentially Hirano is sky’s the limit. He has been very productive in the SMJHL as a rookie and has probably been considered a draft steal going as late as 25 in the SMJHL draft prior. None the less what’s going to happen is Hirano will be drafted late once again hopefully. Like a 7th rounder. Then he’s going to come out the gate and train and be a max earner because why not there’s no reason why he shouldn’t max earn and be a SHL draft steal. I’m not sure where Hirano will go but he definitely will get drafted late. Team could be wary as he does not know English too well but he is going to get better as a Japanese all star forward. The IIHF wjc is coming up and Hirano has been selected for team worlds and he going to absolutely do his best to outshine his opponents. Come draft time probably see Hirano drafted maybe even last overall. Reputation is big and I don’t really have one to be honest. L the Maine timber took a chance on Hirano hopefully the SHL sees the same thing that the Maine timber saw which was a potential league all star! No if you will excuse me I’m going to go play for the four star cup!!!

220 words for on the radar = 4 tpe

16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

I myself as a user have been around awhile. 8 years this march so I’ve had personal goals For awhile I have just never achieved them. Mainly because I’ve actually gone through multiple sim engines and every switch kinda killed my players off so then lack of motivation hit and then I hit semi active then retire that player. Happened couple times in fact but at the end of the day I learned a lot met alot of people and it was a fantastic time. This time around wanting it to be my final player I want to give it my all before my reitrement from the sim league atleast for a little while sometimes you need a break especially after 8 years on the site and it does require a bit of effort in order to keep up and be relevant and it can be tiring at times. But that’s okay because this player I have now with Hirano is going to be a stud. I’m hoping to max earn for my last hoorah! Maybe actually win some awards that I’ve been nominated for. Once almost top scorer in the league which was insane but I’ve never won an award. Except for rookie of the year in juniors which was really cool with my Russian player ralchankniv. with that Hirano has been on steady TPE pace so hopefully he can pull some awards through and my final goal for Hirano is HOF. I want to have a player that is talked about for a long time a strong player. I played as a goalie my last time around and it was alright I broke some records in junior and then those got broken shortly after but you know decent career. Unfortunately goaltending is in limbo since we switched from SimonT tpe totals don’t matter as much as the teams overall tpe so it’s great for semi active players who want to chill. With Hirano I’m hoping to do all of the above and strive to be a crazy point scorer it’s all I can do in fact as a winger! As for site jobs I held one for awhile I was a SMJHL media grader and that wasn’t bad I would do it again it was a good pay I’m not sure what they pay now a days so I might look at that again but we shall see I’m not 100 percent sure. What I do know is I might start a podcast soon I have all the equipment so why not!! Here’s to hopefully a crazy good career with Hirano!

433 words = 8 tpe

14. R&R
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time this offseason, whether it be with family or friends.

Well you see here’s the thing I’m not in the off season currently because I’m competing for the four star cup as we speak in a dead lock 2 - 2 series I hope for the best because oh my lord I would love to have finally won a four star cup in all my years on the site 8 years in fact. So that’s what’s going on with Hirano currently. But when it’s all said and done Hirano will be hitting the gym instantly to prepare for next season and the draft. He will sprinkle some family time in there but at the end of the day he’s gonna try his darnedest to prepare for that SHL draft and next SMJHL season. He’s going to take a run at the scoring leader earn some SMJHL awards!!! I mean atleast I hope so his play in the playoffs have been really outstanding. None the less thanks for a good season Maine let’s win that cup!!!

160 words = 3 tpe

18 - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3302583 1 tpe mile stones

Total tpe earned = 16

+3 TPE Milestones
+3 TPE PBE PT

Quote:5. Superlatives
Every team will always have that really funny/annoying/quirky player and personality. However, usually they can be the ones that really make sure the team gels together nicely. Come up with yearbook style superlatives to describe some of your fellow teammates.

Friendliest Player: Chris Valentine
While a defenseman might not be the first thought everyone goes to for a friendly guy that helps you out, Chris Valentine is the embodiment of friendliness. He sacrifices his body day in and day out to help the team, so much so that he ended up blocking the most shots of anyone in SMJHL history!

Class Clown: Manny Calavery
Manny is probably the goofiest guy on the team. He's always playing practical jokes and messing with guys in the locker room. It really helps to keep the morale up after a long season especially when the team isn't doing so hot.

Most Athletic Player: Pork Tenderloin
I gotta toot my own horn a little but a genetically engineered hunk of meat that plays sports has probably got to be the most athletic guy on the team considering he pretty much is like 98% muscle and nothing else.

Most Likely To be President: Tiberius Kane
Kane has some serious leadership qualities in the locker room and has always been a calm voice that would lead us through the darkness. A long campaign of turmoil and troubles has nothing to fear with someone like Kane at the helm leading us to prospective victory.

Most Likely To Succeed: James Dion
Dion is probably one of the most dedicated guys I've seen on and off the ice and it shows! He spends hours training and researching and treating his body like a temple. He's definitely one of the most well rounded rookies of this class and will go far in his SHL career if he can keep up the pace.

Best Personality: Copernicus Doomslatter
We all know goalies have a few screws loose and Doomslatter is no different. Off the ice he's a pretty chill guy and gives off some great vibes, but on the ice he's a complete animal. I can hear him speaking in tongues sometimes when he's in the crease just trying to psych out opposing skaters.

Best Dressed: Matt Ox
I dont know who this guy's stylist is, but I need to give them a call. Ox is always dressed in the snazziest new threads every time he shows up to the rink and it honestly makes me jealous every time I look at the guy.

Quietest Player: Neal Newland
I honestly don't know if I've heard a single peep from that guy since I got to Great Falls. He just kinda sits there and does his thing, and I guess it seems to be working out for him so no judgement. Just a little creepy...

Loudest Player: Chevy
Technically not a player but I think we could count our GMs in this one. Chevy is the most talkative guy in the locker room and its great because he always has something interesting to say.

Most Likely To Cheer You Up: SpartanGibbles
Another GM nod here because Gibbs always knows what to say to keep things positive even through some rough times such as the pretty bad season we just went through.

(507 words, +10 TPE)

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 03:36 PM by PremierBromanov. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. Fan Appreciation Day
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) Write a blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

It was no surprise when the Grizzlies asked Tiberius Kane to design the product for fan appreciation day. After all, Tiberius Kane is a professional product designer and not a professional hockey player. At any rate, he was assured that there were "no bad ideas" and thus after a week off from hockey, he arrived to the front office to make a series of pitches. First off, he had to get the obvious out of the way. A Teddy Grizzly Bear. Its not creative or imaginative, but it's what the people want. But there's a lot you can do with a simple doll. When squeezed (Squoze), the bear can play an audio file. This is where an avenue for creativity opens up. it could be a bear growl, a "lets go grizzlies" chant, a goal horn. It could even be a message from a player. Wouldn't that be cool? Squeeze your bear and it runs through 5 different player recordings. Maybe you will hear Tiberius Kane say "For the Brotherhood of Nod!" or Doomslatter say "I stoppa tha puck". The bear could also have light up eyes. If we're going to put electronics in this thing, we might as well shove a few more wires in there.
The other idea Tiberius Kane had is "Knife". Wasn't much on that slide. Pretty self explanatory.
Another slide was about Mini-sticks, which I think every fan has gotten for free and subsequently thrown away. But this is good, get all the bad ideas out in the beginning!
Since our fans are some of the drunkest in the league, we could give them a beer stein. There are two options. Option one, the stein is an open grizzly mouth, sort of vertical, so you pour the beer in and also drink out of it. It's like making out with the mascot. Option two is that there's a classic stein lid with a thumb-hinge, but again the open part is the mouth with great big teeth. This configuration sees the top part of the head as the lid and the jaw/neck as the rest of the stein, so its sort of a South-Park-Canadian-Mouth idea.
In that same vein, we could do a drinking horn, except the horn is an oversized Grizzly Kanine tooth. Fake, of course. We cant be killing bears for their teeth. I don't know if it is immediately obvious to the observer what tooth someone is holding, so maybe not that idea.
Bear Claw gloves. Pretty self explanatory too, but we get really realistic with the claw. Like those big foam claws you can get at AHL games, except this one is covered in fake fur and plastic claws. Make it life size so the fans can really appreciate the Grizzly.
One of his better ideas was a kick-ass bear pelt cloak, with the bear skull acting as a cap and the pelt draping behind the user. Imagine how badass and warm you'd be in the snow with this thing. But no, it's too small.
Finally, the bestest idea of them all and the most expensive to produce. The first 500 fans to enter the building will receive a real bear pelt rug. These rugs are harvested humanely from deceased bears in captivity, as well as any bear that is legally hunted. I'm not sure if its legal to hunt Grizzlies in any state, but if it is, I'm betting there are extreme limits. But, you've heard me right. A real bear pelt. The classic bear rug, with head and teeth and everything. The rugs are draped over the fan as they enter, so they need to figure out what to do with it.

613 words

Code:
4. Funtimes
You have been designated as the team's official Fun Director! Now, everyone is looking for some sort of fun activity where you all can spend an afternoon or day to chill, hang out and build some team spirit. Especially after a long and stressful season, what are your plans to ensure everyone has a great time?

Obviously after hitting that fucking home run pitch for the product design, the front office asked Tiberius Kane to head up the Fun Division. First things first, we unionize Fun Division and double their salaries. Second, the big plan. Tiberius Kane spent weeks coming up with this idea. He was limited by the fact that he didn't want the team to use the arena. that's where they work. No one wants to work. But, he also didn't want a party or gathering where family could partake. Players are with their loved ones all the time, its time for some real bondage to occur. Its just the players and staff for this outing. leave your tired partner and baby home alone. Whats the best way to bond with your comrades? That's right, a harrowing hiking trip. There are a lot of mountains in Montana, I wont bore you with the details of where exactly we're going and plus that would be a lot of googling.
However, there are a few requirements for fun day. Number one, it has to be 2 weeks. it's the shortest amount of time that we can bond. Two, it needs to be physically intense and miserable. This type of suffering leads to looking back on the experience fondly, even though the journey itself sucked ass. We'll backpack through the mountains for 2 weeks, eating backpacking food like tortillas and tuna, coffee powder, noodles, and whatever we can fish or spear out of the sky. Whoever survives gets a commemorative badge.

254 words

16 TPE total

And if I missed something, 4 milestone TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3303341

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 07:40 PM by Ferda. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
6. Team History
I know history isn't everyone's favorite thing to discuss, but a team's past can really define its identity, what its known for and who they are in the present. Tell us about your team's past! Have there been any franchise defining moments that are integral to your team or even SHL history? Conversely, is there some interesting tidbit that not many around the league know?

The Detroit Falcons of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League have a long history of team success and memes that have been harvested and refined over their long existence. However, many fail to recognize the decades of persistent performance enhancing drug use among team members known as 0 Passing and 99 Shooting. In the dark days of the Simulation Hockey League, many failed to recognize the dramatic shift in performance enhancing drug consumption that came to light from the Simulation Hockey League’s Hamilton Steelhawks scandal that led to big rule changes around the world. These new drugs had a forced, almost robotic like, effect on the user that impairs their vision and creates a sense of tunnel vision towards taking the puck and shooting it at the opposing goalie without any care for the result, good or bad. How does this involve the Detroit Falcons of the lesser tier Simulation Junior Hockey League you may ask? Well, if you delve deeper into the inner workings of both teams, you will find a much darker piece to the puzzle. One of the biggest tidbits of information that emerge is the presence of key individuals on both the Detroit Falcons and Hamilton Steelhawks within the teams’ rosters and management. They say the apple does not fall far from the tree, and if anything, it was as obvious as the light of day when you take a step back and see that the Simulation Hockey League’s Hamilton Steelhawks meddled with the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League’s Detroit Falcons. Team doctors of the Detroit Falcons were paid off by the Hamilton Steelhawks to distribute illegal performance enhancing drugs to the Falcons players under the guise that “0 Passing and 99 Shooting” would be the end all be all of drugs and propel them all into hall of fame status. I believe that if you take a big look into the inner workings of these events, that you’ll find even more corruption within the Simulation Hockey League and the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League because it is understandable that every team is trying their best to get the slightest edge at winning the championship.

(359 Words)

7/16 TPE

Code:
17. Feedback
It's the seasonal feedback PT! For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!

I think you guys did a great job to make the Playoff or Championship PTs way more engaging by having so many. However, I think the areas of improvement are the timing of posting the PT. As for the timing, I feel like the SMJHL Milestones thread should be posted earlier or coordinated with the Postseason Bonanza PT to make it easier for people to lower the number of words they need to type for their PT if they want to. The gap between the S68 SMJHL Postseason Bonanza thread and the S68 SMJHL Milestones thread had a 6 day difference and I believe that it makes it more complicated having to wait to go back and forth between threads instead of just having them both be posted on the same day. And since the Milestones reflect the averages of the regular season stats across each position, I would hope that the Milestones thread gets posted in a more timely manner. I understand that this process takes time, but I am trying to envision this from a new create’s perspective, and I think it may be annoying for them to have to check in a week later in order to avoid typing another 150 words for 3 TPE.

Regardless, I think you guys did a great job on the TPE scale to teach them how the Championship Week PT works. Sure, the SHL Championship Week PT is a bit tougher, but being in the SMJHL, I think the 50 words per 1 TPE is a great way to introduce them to the structure that we have in place right now. I do not feel pressured into completing tasks that I am not interested in which is a great way to keep the SMJHL as a lower stakes league and more relaxed in regards to completing PTs. As someone who was pretty bored of their first time through the SMJHL, I think you have done an amazing job overall of making the PTs fun and easy for someone who is either new or returning to the site and I hope you guys try to keep introducing fun ways to earn TPE.

(360 Words)

14 of 16 TPE

Code:
18. Milestones COMING SOON
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!

3/3 TPE - S68 SMJHL Milestones

16/16 TPE

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 08:42 PM by dustywilson22. Edited 1 time in total.)

12. On the Radar
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S68 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Howdy folks out there, we've talked about a ton of players today, but our next one Is a defenseman out of Kelowna who comes from Texas himself. Not many knew what to expected from him when It came to hockey. To be honest he hasn't been spectacular to be honest, but he has been great and teams love what he brings to the table. He Is a heavy minded Defenseman that wants to shut down other teams offense and lay down the big hits, while blocking the big shots as well. He wants to be that guy not many want to be and I believe that's what making him have some buzz around his name. A player that's more focused on defense and not scoring? That's right cause this kid here doesn't score much. With only 8 goals on the entire season It was clear he wasn't focused On It, but his passing has been iffy to say the least even though he has put out there he loves getting assists more than scoring.
I think this kid Is raw as far as his talents, but this kid has the right idea and Is In the right position for this sport. You want a defenseman that just does his job and great he's your man, now I will say he might slip due to his lackluster play in other areas of his game, but I believe with due time he'll round himself out to an extent. Really a 2nd round talent raw defenseman talent! - 254 Words (should be 5 TPE)

2. Looking Towards the Future
As we near the end of S67, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

To be fair the team was really young this season and we were just testing to see how well we would mesh together, now we expected to be better than what we did this season, but were just taking as a teaching moment to use players and the coach's alike. We do a lot of young guys who look promising, but I believe were in danger of losing our s67 draft class guys as they are getting high In tpe and may be getting the call up fairly soon, I do believe compared to other teams In the league we have a better youth group this time around and are looking to do even better this season than last. - 119 Words (2 TPE)

16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

Well I mean the goal of making the SHL is near so I'll write that one off haha. Now my main goal Is really to win a championship, just one. That's all I'll be craving my whole career really as for me I'm more of a team player and want the best for everyone on the team. My main goal Is really to be one of the people with the best Defensive Rating In league history! Really the 2nd goal to that may just be the Best defensive rating In a season at least. I just want to be remembered as a great Defenseman If not the greatest of all time so HOF Is the biggest goal for me and I believe that If I get championships with a few awards It'll put me up there in the conversation. I just really want to enjoy the experience and really just make a dynasty In the SHL and SMJHL If possible. got big team goals to be honest not too many myself, but If I make the HOF I'd call It a successful career at the end of the day. now I'm just working my way onto completing that goal. So keep an eye out for the next best Defenseman to grace the SHL Dusty Wilson! -215 Words (4 TPE)

14. R&R
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time this offseason, whether it be with family or friends.

To be completely honest I've been enjoying the holidays with my gf, but As far as my player like background in the sim, he's been working with his brother on passing information onto the new agent that will control all Of Dusty's finances In the SHL. It's going to be a big step for Dusty as a whole and he's nervous. He didn't have a season stats wise that really catches people's eyes, but he knows that what people see about his game style Is he's a heavily defensive minded defenseman that will let his other teammates have the glory before himself. He's that support piece that every team needs. Rumors have come out that teams have loved his work ethic regardless If he's not the best talent available In the draft. Dusty Is excited for the Draft and hoping It's a team where he'll spend his whole career with them. -151 Words (3 TPE)

18th. Milestones
-Milestone (2 TPE)

[Image: Dusty_new_sig_with_the_pride.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 10:33 PM by Fitted2106. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. The Carolina kraken are beginning to be giving out Terry Bradshaw bobblehead days because who else can bobble but the penalty f*** herself you know how we do we just f*** s*** and f****** give out sticks too because we're not we're f****** rich we bawled down here in the line a dude have you never heard it called delina well you should now it's f****** Lina dude we be killing s*** dog the Lina not the line bro the Lina f*** yeah and we run it in the back dog about the f****** b**** some b**** a** b**** and f****** Detroit teams dude cause they're f****** weak as f*** bro it's f****** 7 it's about to be on some 8 s*** and take 9 or Way dude that's how this s***'s about to go cause GM of the f****** month dude cause it's only January of the year once it's December cause that's a whole year also we're giving out Michael fitted used in warm braces because people would love to talk s*** that much in heaven in their mouth young sand dude

2. Carolina don't be needing nothing dog we already got the core we already got the model of consistency that even f****** Russell Stover would be upset about f****** aunt jamaima wishes she had our kind of attitude when you look back at Debbie's little Debbie's big Debra's she wishes she could do the kind of s*** that Kara does Kara you know the line of the Lina does on the f****** regular bro so any of you people thinking that like I don't know Carolina needs something you maybe a cigarette so we can calm down on how hard we're about to f****** be like hands down f****** taking Terry 6' deep and resurrecting the m*********** for another run like if you b****** aint recognized yet I don't know where to f*** y** man You must be mold people because you just live in holes and someone tell a story face I still want my rap battle cause I've been ducking me for 17 seasons your boy's back cause hes back dog

3 I'm the keep it real cause I'm f****** doing steroids like you want to know my secret edge I'm doing f****** roids look out for the backknee look out for the small weewee we'll got from my balls to f****** shrink I'm here for it all cause I need that big m************ contract cause your voice trying to f****** style and profile my name's f****** prime time 99 yeah I'm saying the one saying there's aint even f****** a quarter of the prime time I'm 99 and he was like 30 something so that makes him like f****** platform 9 and 3/4 of some s*** and he can run on back to Harry land before he tries come and it's a boy but for real they better get my f****** awards lined up they better get f****** postgame interviews lined though F****** like this aint no game to say no joke your boys out here in a f****** moon walk on people after he scores 15 goals in the period because I am score if I was not score then I would not be scored but I am scored

4. Fun you ask well we're obviously gonna run about then we're gonna get out to sea then we're gonna do a lot of f****** drugs I don't know about you but how else do adults have fun in this bland a** world one we're gonna rail on f****** fake leftists because we're real laughter's and then we're gonna do a lot of f****** drugs dude like talking rails cuz talking smell like s*** 151 like s***'s about to be railded like real as f*** cuz I mean we're carolina bro we ball like razor shared up and flipping around your head like a helicopter like this is North Carolina cause So again come on and raise up it's us us they don't want nothing to do with us dude so Ireland is better than their fun which is greater than not fun which is the only kind of fun which is more fun than they ever found so go fund me for my fun cause yeah we're living that f****** live or's life

6.6. Well when my dad played for Carolina they f****** won 2 titles cause Terry Bradshaw's ghost f****** Teddy f***** someone and then the next thing you know Jesus Christ was riding the dinosaur and to save the day because Bo cane just couldn't make Colorado rise to the occasion I still love bouquet but he looks like that night he was on bocaine or cocaine with the bouquet cause that's what boys do when doves cry but anyways yeah dog Terry just put terry's face everywhere Terry Terry Terry f*** yeah b****** whichever heard of the lineup the Lina maybe we'll be out here f****** doing it all light and fires and pet and dogs also kiss and kitties cause someone needs to kiss a Kitty they're such a sweet little baby Period

Milestones+2
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3303631

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 02:42 PM by Lazyeye. Edited 3 times in total.)

2. It's no secret Kelowna is a very young team with 7 rookies this season. Overall I think the team is very well rounded but just doesn't have a ton of TPE. Going into next year. It's important to continue drafting to build around the S69 draft class that will be on the team for a few more years. The upcoming draft will probably be a bit more forward heavy for the Knights as they have a pretty full blueline already for the next couple seasons. (85 words)

13. Metzller enter the SMHL touted as a puck moving defenseman with good hockey IQ. As he slowly adapted to the North American game, his offensive production took a bit of a hit but his hockey IQ began to shine. With the smaller ice size Metzller is able to position himself well and has grown into a very defensive minded Defenseman. Though not physical, Rikaad excels at shot blocking, stick checking, and takeaways. As a Rookie on Kelowna, he was 3rd on the team in shots blocked, had 42 takeaways, and boasted an above average DGR of 67. As he begins his off season training, you can expect Metzller to continue to grow in those defensive areas that are amplified by his hockey IQ as well as work on regaining that offensive production he lost in his transition away from european ice. While I don't expect him to be a 1st or 2nd round draft pick, I think GMs will be very happy drafting Metzller as a long term depth pick that may take another 2-3 years in the SMJHL to fully develop. He is expected to get top pairing minutes for the Knights next season helping him try to find that scoring touch again. (204 words)

14. Metzller will head back to his hometown in the suburbs of Bern, Switzerland to be with family. His first year overseas in the SMJHL was an exciting time, but over the year he became homesick, which is to be expected for a young player away from his family for the first time. Though the SHL draft is upon us, another exciting yet nerve racking time, he doesn't plan to be in the area during it as he doesn't expect to go very high after this years disappointing season. His time at home will be spent enjoying hobbies such as gaming, hiking, and the occasional pick up hockey game to keep in form. Time permitted, maybe a weekend at the Alps for some snowboarding. Rikaad is most excited to see his little brother, another hockey player, though much different playstyle than him. His brother spent the last year on the U18 Swiss team and is excited to see what this year of development did for him and whether he may be joining Rikaad overseas soon. They have been talking about a consistent offseason workout schedule to improve their strength and conditioning as this is a rare chance their off-seasons coincide with each other. They have set up a nice 4 day weightlifting program following a 5/3/1 progression system which will be complemented by offday hill sprints and HIIT training on the bike. Finally, the family plans to take a week long vacation soon as Rikaad is back to Germany as a bit of a decompression from the season. (260 words)

17. I think this style of CW is much more preferred than previous iterations. It was something I always used to dread CW but the fact that there is a scaling option for words written is a great addition. It makes it so I can spend more time on a prompt I really like and really mail it in on those I don't. My biggest complaint is there isn't a way to max out graphics, which is my usual way to do CW but I don't have photoshop right now. Even just turning one to 4 pts would allow you to max out with milestones. That also brings up that I love the addition of milestones to CW, mainly because it's less work for me. Prompts and their overarching category is great, love being able to not solely focus on just the finals or playoffs. Overall, it is a great improvement from the last time I did CW on my last player! (161 words)

18. +3 milestones - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3303445
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 06:30 PM by JSS331. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE Cross Claim +3 TPE
1. Doing a giveaway is always fun for the fans and for minor league sports, these kind of things are always a big part of the show.  We definitely see fan attendance pick up on days when we do one of these so the pressure is on to come up with a great idea that will fill the seats and give us a good atmosphere to play in front of.  Having an Elk as your mascot makes things a little more interesting.  Of course the thing I like to do most related to Elk is hunt them but that might send the wrong message to the kids.  I was then thinking about a hat that you could put the antlers on but that might end up poking people's eyes out.  No, we must think of something even better than that, something everyone uses regularly.  That thing is....an elk coffee mug!!!  We would have our team picture on there with the mascot on the other side to make it something collectible.  But that's not all, the kids don't drink coffee so we need to come up with something for them as well.  I figured coffee would keep the fans up and make them more excited for the game so we need to do something similar for the childrens.  What do kids like?  SUGAR!  We are going full Elk candy mode with a box of some sugary treats to get those kids bouncing off of the walls.  I don't think there will be an empty seat in the house if we do this right and I know we will or the marketing department will need to deal with Gritty.  Nobody wants to do that so I figure they will do a bang up job.  I also get to be part of the promotion team for the video ads we will run leading up to the game so I look forward to Gritty getting out there and doing Gritty things.  My guess is this will end up being one of the most successful promo nights in the history of the franchise.  I can't wait for it.
352 words +7 TPE (10 total)
3.  This is always a question that makes me laugh.  Other GMs trying to get insider information on the secret sauce that is going to make us dominate the league in Season 69.  I will humor them, just this one time, since it's just junior hockey and honestly this plan is so good that it really doesn't matter what they do.  They can't stop us.  First, we plan on taking massive amounts of steroids.  I'm talking Liver King type stuff.  The owner of the team has already cosigned a huge shipment that will have us skating faster, shooting harder, and probably fighting just about everyone in our way.  All of the weight lifting records are about to fall in quick succession once these things start pumping through our muscles.  That's really it, nothing more, just some good old fashioned juicing to give us that competitive edge.  I don't see the league being able to stop us.
152 words +3 TPE (13 total)
12. Top prospect Gritty McGritterson is making waves in the juniors and has SHL teams taking real notice of the young talented forward from Regina.  In his rookie campaign with the Elk, the 6 foot 1 inch center put up 47 points in 66 regular season games and an even more impressive 12 points in 11 games in the playoffs.  He uses his superior strength to keep opposing defenders off of the puck and is a true playmaker in the offensive end of the ice.  Expectations are sky high for him and that has many teams reaching out to his representation asking if he's interested in playing for them.  In his mind though, there is only one franchise that he sees himself lacing it up for.  When asked at his final post season press conference, McGritterson was very clear, "Hamilton, it's the only place I have ever wanted to play."  It will be a few more weeks until we see if his dreams come true.
162 words +3 TPE (16 total)

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

1.      4 Chainz being in charge of the fan appreciation day is a great idea. They’re all going to be given the best gift that anyone could want.. 4 gold chainz and my latest fire mixtape for every fan in attendance. Lets reward every falcons fan with a great gift that reminds them of their favorite player on this historically great team. (62 words)

2. When you see a team dominate and win a trophy at the juniors level you almost always assume its a veteran team full of user who will get moved up to the majors. However, looking at this Detroit team i dont think we can make the same assumption. There are seveal players from the S66 and S67 draft class that are impact players for this team, but it may not be time for them to be called up just yet. Although a few will have expended their last bits of eligibility in the minors leagues. this team is truly build around a strong S68 and S69 draft class. The main defense of the team is featured in the 2 defenders and the goalie from S68 while thje offense is spread out between veterans and newcomers to the team from this season. In terms of needs Detroit is already making moves trading for veteran users to continue this dynasty. I expect we will add more defense to help fill out the rest of the lines on the team while we continue to develople players and let the offense continue to grow and mature as players. I think a few late round defenders would make the best addition.
(207 words)

12. 4 Chainz absolutely has the most Swagger from any player in the SHL draft and its undisputable. The hockey playing is a bit more of a question. They showed strong ability to find passing lanes and setting their teammates up for success which is obvious with their fifty assists they registered this season. They are always willing to make the extra pass and give up the shot attempt to guarantee the goal for the team. This level of selflessness and team first attitude is not rivaled by any other player in this draft. Their scoring ability still leaves some area for improve registering only seventeen goals and a thirteen percent shot percentage. Any team drafting him will need to work with him on his shot accuracy and power to help prevent his game form becoming too one dimensional once he hits the big leagues. In the locker room 4 Chainz is seen as a leader of the team. He leads by example when it comes to practice and any drills that he participates in and is encouraging to all teammates. He is well known for being the resident hype man often getting the team fired up by playing sick tracks he’s been working on in the studio. (209 words)

15. 4 Chainz loves to give back to the community as the community has always been supportive of him in both his Hockey and his rap career. The way that 4 chainz likes to give back to the community is setting up competitions for SHL players to come and freestyle rap battle each other in tournaments and the winning player gets to donate the winnings to the charity of their choice. The events are always sold to TV companies to help cover the cost and build up the prize pool which are deals that 4 chainz negotiates independently to help keep the cost as low and possible and increase the amount of money that can be given to great causes. When not hosting big events 4 chainz can be seen around the community spending time with any at risk kids in the school district and giving free performances to the schools to help encourage attendances and getting an education. In fact this prompt has inside 4 chainz to give all the proceeds that he earns from his concerts and albums during is SHL career way for free to help needy communities around the globe. We can only assume that this will be worth millions of dollars as a way to help contribute and give back. (214 words)

18.Milestones

[Image: f7.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 11:27 PM by Slappydoodle. Edited 5 times in total.)

3. Secret Plans

Walt "Clyde" Frazier is not one to leave things to chance. He is a meticulous planner and engineer of his own fate. This is not a man who believes in making it up as he goes along.

Therefore, Walt has been making plans for sometime vis a vis his future and the St Louis Scarecrows future. His secret machinations are finally beginning to see the light of day.

Frazier has enlisted the help of his friend and teammate Hugh Manius to aid him in his schemes. Walt is the planner and Hugh provides a certain physical influence on most situations. If Walt can't figure a way around a problem, then Manius simply walks straight up and punches it square in the nose. A useful guy to have around.

The plans ,schemes and general cabals can be boiled down to several basic themes; opponent research, internal auditing, best practices and of course, fashion sense.

First off, Walt believes in the old maxim, know thy enemy. In an attempt to get the most relevant, personal and timely information on his opponents, Walt has taken to seducing their significant others. As an accomplished backdoor man , Walt efficiently and discreetly goes about his business, hitting backsides and taking names. There's never a better time to find out all there is to know of someone else, their strengths and weaknesses, quite like when you're in their bed, having just boned their partner.

In terms of internal auditing or the ability to clearly observe and analyze your own franchise structure in furtherance of greater efficiency and productivity, Walt mostly accomplishes that by seducing people at every level of the organization. He finds to really get a grasp on what's going on one must get a grasp of some booty. Only in the clarity of sweet, sweet lovemaking can the veil be lowered and real insight be realized.

For Walt best practices means practicing waxing that ass.

And was for fashion sense, well he is Walt "Clyde" Frazier after all

4. Fun times

As the official Happy Fun Times for Rainbow and Unicorn Optimization Director of the St Louis Scarecrows Walt Frazier knows his way around a good time. That's why when faced with the challenge of an off day in a strange city, he was ready to optimize the shit out of some rainbows and unicorns.

Walt brought the whole team on down to the roller rink. They drank sodas and did the electric slide. They played foosball and air hockey.Hugh Manius won a shit load of tickets playing skee ball and traded them all in for a My Little Pony nightlight. Somebody burned their mouth on some hot pizza. It was a chaotic and fun time for all.

Walt had Bootsie Collins and his band give a live performance. He showed everyone how to do the funky chicken. It was a magical and glorious day capped off by a slow rolling team wide circle jerk

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

8. An Alternate Timeline - +3 TPE
George Walsh was an early/mid season waiver pickup, and after he declared his intentions to join the SMJHL/SHL, quite a few teams had showed interest in picking him up to strengthen their squads. Unlike free agents in the SHL however, Walsh did not have any chance to actually choose his team, but was picked up on the waiver by the Anchorage Armada. The fit there has been great so far, but players always wonder what “could have been”. Athletes always love to win, so one of the obvious choices where Walsh would have loved to play on in this playoffs would be the eventual 4 Star Cup champions, the Detroit Falcons. Detroit’s starter Jeff Newman played all their games for them, so Walsh would of course have to be content on riding the bench, but maybe the young Irishman’s presence there could have been better than the current backup named Swiss Cheese. (152 words)

12. On the Radar - +3 TPE
George Walsh is currently the 3rd ranked goalie out of the 7 goalies eligible in the S69 SHL Draft. Scouts report that while Walsh has no real standout traits or flair in his game, he is a solid netminder that is adequate in all areas that are required in a goalie of his age bracket. Those SHL teams that are looking to have a top of the line, bonafide star on their hands will most likely pass up on the seemingly unremarkable Irishman, but those teams that want a competent goalie to ride the bench and play well in the games that they end up giving to him will find a person more than willing to do that for their team. He is also a quiet and peripheral figure in the locker room, so while he may not talk too often, when topics/subjects that interest him come up, he is more than happy to chime in. (156 words)

16: Goals - +1 TPE
George Walsh will never be a star player in this league. His aims are not to be the one who starts between the pipes but is more than content to sit on the bench and be called upon when needed. He’d love to spend a career on a single team and be that cult hero type of player that fans can cheer for. (63 words)

18: Milestones - +3 TPE
Milestones

Fan Appreciation Day Graphic - +3 TPE
[Image: oFpj2B4.png]

Charity Drive Graphic - +3 TPE
[Image: dRzCSP.jpg]

+16 TPE total

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Code:
2. Looking Towards the Future
As we near the end of S67, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

The Newfoundland Berserkers are going to look a lot better next season compared to this one. However we will still not be a top team TPE wise. Our biggest need will for sure be at center in my opinion, which I've already written about in my deep dive. We're lacking a 4th line C and overall our centers are behind on TPE compared to the wingers. So a strong center in the first round would be hot for sure.  We're also a defenseman short after this season as we have a player aging out, so a 6th defender do round out the defense is needed. I think we have 2 picks in the second round, so hopefully one of them can be a strong defenseman that can earn fast. And to end it off we'll need a backup goalie. As TPE doesn't seem to matter much im just happy with a good personality to join the locker room, of course i want them to be an active earner as well but again, tpe seem to be pretty pointless for goalies sadly.

Our biggest area of strength is definitely our defense right now, we'll have 3 capped out 425 defensemen, which will be huge.

Code:
200 words, 4tpe.

Code:
6. Team History

The Newfoundland Berserkers didn't always go by the name they use today. As a matter of fact, the franchise wasn't even located in Newfoundland back when a young Disisde Dayudie was drafted to the team back in s49. They were known as the Lethbridge Lions Lions. Lethbridge joined the league in the S45 SMHJL expansion together with Anaheim Outlaws. As any expansion team, it will take a couple seasons to get established, even though the J is more forgiving with the player turnover, it would take about a decade and a relocation before the team would become the dominant force that it is known as today. Burd was the one who was rewarded the expansion, or won it, however you say it, He led the lions for 4 seasons until JNH took it over together with Kyl. The team would still be the lions for 3 seasons until the announcement about the move and the identity change was posted. I had the honor to be named the first captain in Berserkers history with my last season in the juniors, which was an amazing way to end a great J career together with good friends. Sadly I missed out on the glory days of the franchise with all the cups, but I'm hoping that I get another shot to build something great! JNH and Corey made the jump to the SHL to GM the Chicago Syndicates after they managed to finally win a cup with the berserkers in S55, which is to this day still GMed by JNH.

Nhamlet took over after J and Corey in S56 together with Juke, and this is where the team really started dominating. 4 cups in 9 seasons should tell you just how good they were. Juke co-GMed 1 of them and when he stepped down BEEEEEEEEEEEEEG YOSH stepped in to co-GM 3 more cups. I don't have any statistics to back it up but I'm ready to bet some SHL dollars that this was the most successful GMing in SHL history, both minor and big leagues. Just look at the 5 Nour Harrak Awards.

Since S65 Patty has been the GM of the team together with Lime. No cups for them so far as management but with the team being on the rise, I'm thinking we might see a cup or two in the near future. We are on the rise for sure, so I'm very hopeful.

Code:
400 words, 8tpe.

Code:
12. On the Radar

Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez, drafted 33th overall by the Newfoundland Berserkers. Shockingly low for unknown reasons despite being the best player going into the draft. One can start to wonder if is race is working against him in this league. Put up a decent rookie season with 17 goals and 15 assists, 134 hits and 34 takeaways, despite his obvious low self-esteem after being passed on despite his talent.
Sees himself as a natural goal scorer but his numbers say otherwise. Likes to punch people but hasn't fought yet(in the league). Earning-based and league history-wise a projected top 10 pick, perhaps even higher, the future will see if that holds true.

Code:
109 words, 2tpe.

Code:
18. Milestones.

2 TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3303984

Code:
2tpe

4+8+2+2=16

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]