Create Account

S68 DFA Bounties #3 - The Future

We are in the 3rd round of the POs, and we're at our third DFA bounty of the season:
With playoff hockey going on in the league, you can feel the excitement in the air and your draft, the real start of your SMJHL career, coming closer. It makes you wonder where this could all lead to eventually..
Written Task: What are your goals in the leagues? Long term, mid term, short term; what are you hoping to accomplish with your player, or hoping to find on the teams you join. Are you looking for individual success, and maybe even a HoF induction, or will you focus on team success? (250 words min.)
Graphic Task: Create a hockeycard for your player, including at least your render, name and the logo of an SHL team you could see yourself playing for.
Reward: $500,000 for doing one of the above
Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S69 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S70) are eligible for this bounty.
There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.
Deadline: Sunday, January 1st @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Having been in the league for a long time now, I'm quite realistic in terms of setting goals for a player's career. I've had some really nice individual success previously and was lucky enough to win just about every award in the SMJHL with my last player, before going on to have a very successful career in the SHL also. But even after being able to enjoy that, I'm still not going into my latest player's career with the belief that he's going to be one of the greatest ever. I know a lot of individual success is dependent on being in the right situation, with the right GM and team around you to complement your player, and if everyone was able to do this the league wouldn't be competitive.

As such, I'm keeping it fairly simple. I want to win at least one Challenge Cup in this career, play 20 seasons in the SHL and be the draft class leader in TPE by the time regression hits. I'd ideally like to be able to play all of those seasons on one team too, in order to have a chance at setting some team records of some description. Maybe not the loftiest goals, but I'm hoping that along the way I'll be able to pick up an individual award or two, and when it's all said and done that I'll find my name in the Hall of Fame. There are no guarantees when dealing with a sim engine though, so these types of things would really just be nice to achieve and aren't something that I'll necessarily be "disappointed" with if I can't achieve. Fundamentally, the league is something we all spend our time in because it's fun and I guess the main goal for Isak's career is to remain engaged and enjoying the time spent here the whole way through!

Code:
311 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]