Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #2 - How Luca Pane Was Created
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2022, 08:51 AM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

When I was looking to rejoin the SHL, I was having trouble trying to figure out my next player. At first, I had to come up with where I wanted to be from. I like the idea of coming from somewhere that does not normally make hockey their main sport. I skipped over England, Ireland, and Wales because they already have a presence in the SHL. My last player was French, and that was a fun concept, so sticking with that, I landed on Italy. Italians have very little to no representation in the SHL as far as I am aware. Next came the name. Now I’ll admit the first name was lazily picked. I have kids and we always watch Disney movies, so the name Luca was fresh in my mind at the time. Pane, pronounced Pà·ne, is an inside joke with my D&D buddies. Pane means bread in Italian, my D&D group have a love of bread and I wanted to have a namesake in honor of that. They gave me ideas for different names that were meme-y that had to do with bread, but I ultimately decided to just go with the simple name of bread, but in Italian. Then came the city, which was the easiest thing for me to do. I basically just googled Italian cities, and picked one based on where it was located on the map. I landed on Milan, because why the hell not? It’s a well known city that would make sense for Luca to hail from.
Once I had my name and origin figured out, I had to think about the backstory of the character. To me, the backstory is an important part of a successful player. Sure, it might only matter to me, but it also determines my attitude towards the player and how serious I am going to take them. The backstory for Luca was pretty easy to come up with and I added a bit of humor. I wanted to have a player that did not take himself seriously. The last thing I did was come up with the position. Now, before I had this concept rolling, I wanted to make a goalie. I had my mind set on it. Of course, I was talked out of it by some close friends and decided I wanted to be a true goal scorer with a little physical edge. My first player, Nicholas Williams, was left winger who was a true team player, switched to Center for his team, stopped shooting so much to pass more. I did not want to go that route again. I went with a right winger who wanted to do two things, shoot the puck and make the hit.
With all that in place, all that was left to do was create the pages. It took me back to when I first joined the SHL. Then came the messages, asking my intentions. My discord has not been this busy in a long time. I took a pretty good break from the SHL and it was nice to see that people did not forget me. It was a good feeling to be back in the grind of things.

(535)

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

Approved, +5 TPE to @Nictox

[Image: CptSquall.gif]