Create Account

Zap Code of Conduct Punishment
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2022, 10:21 AM by Rangerjase. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good Morning SHL,

In the past few weeks, multiple occurrences of user @Zap breaching the rules have been brought forward to different HO members. These were in violation of the site’s rules on user conduct, found in section 2, Subsection J, Article 4, which reads:

Code:
Personal attacks, excessive/malicious trolling, spamming, language/rhetoric that includes hate speech (ex. racism, homophobia, ableism), or any comments made that belittle members of a certain religious, ethnic, or oppressed group will not be tolerated.

In applying this rule, HO has always shown a zero tolerance policy when issuing punishment. (see Lobbanet, Mike Izzy & Nour). Since the first occurrence was brought up, HO has been monitoring the situation as it kept evolving and discussed how to proceed in light of the specifics of this case. HO has been provided with multiple screenshots from multiple users highlighting disturbing messages and behaviors and as such, will refrain from sharing them publicly other than with Zap and the appeals committee if required.

Therefore, in light of its investigation, HO has found the user to be in breach of the rules in the following capacities:

Code:
Comments made of discriminatory nature that belittle members of specific groups;
Harassment of other users and calling of "pet names";
Use of a Twitter account linked to the SHL to publish, share and promote discriminatory messages.

Also brought to HO’s attention is that this pattern of behavior has been observed in other leagues, and while we did not use this as a basis for this punishment, it did have us on high alert to look for suspicious or offensive behaviors.

As a result of this, HO is issuing a 2 week posting ban, as well as a 5 game ban effective at the start of the next regular season to the user Zap. As per the aforementioned rule, due to the egregious and repeated nature of the offenses, HO deemed fit to levy a punishment equal to a second-strike punishment. By the nature of the offenses being repeated, HO is also issuing a notice of final warning to the user Zap and as such, any additional offenses of this nature will result in a permanent ban.

As always, Zap is welcomed in appealing this decision to any member of the appeals committee, this committee currently consisting of @Bfine, @Vandy, @grok and @RomanesEuntDomus as well as the owners @DrunkenTeddy @Leafs4ever.

@TheSparkyDee notification as the SMJHL GM.

On behalf of SHL HO.
- Rangerjase

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2022, 10:30 AM by sve7en. Edited 1 time in total.)

This is gonna be a thread I'm sure

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Gotta be honest Jase, not your best punishment

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Thread team

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Zamn

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

[Image: banana-creepy-face.gif]

[Image: sobchak.png]

12-29-2022, 10:39 AMscudmuffin19 Wrote: [Image: banana-creepy-face.gif]
get your own gifs, this one is mine (although I appreciate you spreading the good word).

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

12-29-2022, 10:31 AMGwdjohnson Wrote: Gotta be honest Jase, not your best punishment

Gotta be honest, not your best take.

12-29-2022, 10:44 AMItsFrenchie Wrote:
get your own gifs, this one is mine (although I appreciate you spreading the good word).

of course :D

@Rangerjase can you add me to the list of examples of your zero tolerance policy?

Gnome Dab

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

12-29-2022, 10:47 AMRagnar Wrote: @Rangerjase can you add me to the list of examples of your zero tolerance policy?

Gnome Dab

Honorary mention

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

12-29-2022, 10:47 AMRagnar Wrote: @Rangerjase can you add me to the list of examples of your zero tolerance policy?

Gnome Dab

No bad deed can’t go unpunished

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

L

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

This is terrifying

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

i'm just here so i can say i was here

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]