Create Account

S68 Championship Week Due: January 8th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023, 02:42 PM by leviadan. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: argonauts.png] [Image: argonauts.png] [Image: argonauts.png] [Image: argonauts.png] [Image: argonauts.png] vs.  [Image: Rage-Emote.png] [Image: Rage-Emote.png] [Image: Rage-Emote.png] [Image: Rage-Emote.png] [Image: Rage-Emote.png]
Here are this season's tasks for CW. The maximum is 16 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 16.
The deadline is SUNDAY JANUARY 8TH at 11:59pm PST.
Please copy/paste the prompts (including the # of TPE) into your post; it makes it much easier to grade and track.
This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only; it is not for SMJHL rookies or SMJHL prospects.
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*
Please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly. 

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Too Many Choices (150 words min.)
Next season is Season 69, and that's great and all, but we can't decide on a slogan. You see, 69 is the funny number, and therefore there are so many wacky, silly, goofy, little slogans that we can choose from. Which one is the best? We need your help! Give us a couple of choices for a Season 69 slogan, and a short explanation of why they're so funny and fitting for next season!

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

MILESTONES LINK
Graphics and Podcasts

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Locker Layout
How does your player keep their dressing room stall organized? What's in it? Create a graphic of what your players stall looks like. Include some things that are meaningful to your team or player.

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Stuck
Your team bus from the airport to the arena is trapped in a big snow storm and delayed a few hours. Show me a scene from inside of that bus. What are you and your teammates doing to keep busy and have some fun? Or are you all just getting angry with each other and starting fist fights?

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Paparazzi 
Your player got a little too wild during 2023 New Year celebrations. Create a graphic of a paparazzi photo catching your player or your team enjoying themselves a little too much. 

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Bake Off
You and a few of your SHL colleagues have been chosen as contestants for a celebrity episode of The Great British Baking Show. Show me a graphic of your player presenting their show stopping final bake to the judges. 

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, Dead of Winter 
The snow zombies have risen and we've got to do what we can to survive. Show me the intricate snow fort that your player builds to defend themselves against an oncoming horde of brain hungry snow monsters! 

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

Code:
14. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
-The S68 Challenge Cup series
-The S68 Four Star Cup series
-An S68 IIHF preview
-A Breakdown of how your favorite hockey team’s season is going

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 8 minutes or 4 TPE for 10 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

IIHF

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE, A Country Built on Hockey (150 words min.)
If you could peacefully create a U.N. style alliance of countries for the sole purpose of creating the best possible international hockey team, which countries would be in it and why? Tell me about your super team. What would you name it? This can be SHL related or real life! Have fun!

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Neutral Turf (150 words min.)
We simply cannot play in a host country any more, it's too big of an advantage for the home team. You're going to have to find the ideal location to host these international tournaments, and it cannot be in any existing country! Where do you take this season's IIHF tournaments to ensure neutral territory? Bonus points for any fun and exciting extra effects this location might have on the game of hockey.  

Procrastinators

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

Code:
19. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Congratulations, graphic loving procrastinator! Much like the written word loving procrastinator, you too have a special task just for you! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats no matter which way you go with it!

Beyond Prompts

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Creek (150 words min.)
If you were the judge of a creek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship creek? Is it based on volume of water moved through the creek? Is pleasantness of sound a factor? The beauty of the creek itself? Biodiversity? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me how you would define the perfect creek.

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animated Movie (150 words min.)
Your team's marketing department just got an enormous budget to make an animated feature film about your team's mascot. Write me a short overview of movie. What does it look like? What happens? Who voices the characters? As a graphic option, show me a still frame from that movie!

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Rigged (150 words min.)
You've been given the opportunity to change the simulated hockey league into something completely different, however your teams / teammates will not change. Choose a new competition that is completely rigged for your team to win, based on the unique skills and personalities on your team. What season long competition are you 100% confident that you and your teammates could win? As a graphic option, show me this new competition, whatever it may be, being dominated by you and a few of your teammates. 

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

Once again this is due SUNDAY JANUARY 8TH at 11:59pm PST.
Season 69 is now upon us.  Gnome Dab

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

SMJHL GM CW Pass

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

gm pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

simmer CW pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

GM CW Pass

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 02:22 AM by SFresh3. Edited 3 times in total.)

1 + 2b + 7 + 8 + 11 + 13 + 23
3 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 16 TPE

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Fresh

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?
I think Seattle can get it done again this Finals (and with some hindsight, I know they do) because they have such a strong Defensive group of Players on the team this year.  Defense is always where great teams are built up from.  “The Best Offense is a Great Defense” is a popular idiom for a reason, and Seattle will show us why it is in this Finals.   (68 words)

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
+3 TPE Milestones

Quote:8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Locker Layout

How does your player keep their dressing room stall organized? What's in it? Create a graphic of what your players stall looks like. Include some things that are meaningful to your team or player.
Never forget Outlungus!
[Image: BCLb73j.jpg]

Quote:11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Bake Off

You and a few of your SHL colleagues have been chosen as contestants for a celebrity episode of The Great British Baking Show. Show me a graphic of your player presenting their show stopping final bake to the judges.
Hockey Puck shaped Lav
[Image: IevUUkA.jpg]
Quote:13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!

In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/
Goalie only has one leg!
[Image: ovOrZg6.png]

Quote:23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem

An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word.
Just
One
Normal,
Everyday
Skater

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/wiqZK8C.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/6QlU4ci.png[/img]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Cw pass

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 02:50 AM by DrunkenTeddy. Edited 6 times in total.)

Task 1 Trivia
Verification word: DT

Task 3
Blouin has a simple new years resolution, he wants to do exactly what he did the previous year when it comes to his performance during the regular season, but he intends to improve his performance in the playoffs. His efforts in the gym are going to have to increase because he could not keep up his regular season performance in the playoffs. It is weird to have a resolution that is mostly just the same as the previous year but it just makes sense for Luc because come on, this year was great for him. Playoff success is really the only thing he needs to accomplish so that will be the goal for next year and the only thing he can focus on. He signed for another year with the forge and the team really seems to be looking ready for the next step this season. Hopefully that means a deep playoff run after a very solid regular season performance.

Task 7 Milestones
3 tpe
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3304440

Task 13
https://i.ibb.co/bKkXN7b/download.webp

Task 17
I propose we play iihf games in Mexico, no one cares about hockey there so it's sure to be a neutral venue. Neutral venues can provide a more fair and unbiased environment for the teams to compete in. If a team is playing in their home arena, they may have an advantage due to the familiarity with the ice and the support of the home crowd. Playing in a neutral venue can help to level the playing field and ensure that the outcome of the game is determined by the skill and ability of the teams, rather than any external factors. Neutral arenas can also provide a more exciting and diverse atmosphere for the players and fans. Instead of always playing in the same arenas, a neutral venue allows for a change of scenery and a new experience for everyone involved. Using neutral arenas can also be a logistical advantage, as it allows the IIHF to host games in various locations around the world, rather than being limited to just the arenas of the participating teams. This can help to grow the sport and expose it to new audiences.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 09:28 PM by Thunfish. Edited 3 times in total.)

SSL Affiliate Claim (3 TPE)

1. (3 TPE) Nosebone

3. (3 TPE) Well, I need to obviously work on making sure my player can help my team in any way or shape. That means trying to grab more to update higher and do things in a consistent way so that we can go over that hump and properly slap the ever-living feces of anyone who gets in the way of us winning the whole shebang. On a personal note, I believe I should also focus on getting my post-graduate paperwork done so that I can claim that as well. Come February or March, there's also work about getting my permission to work as an accountant back home, which means going through a notably hard exam where people struggle to get even half of the answers right. So, you know, no pressure at all but I better do everything just right.

7. Milestones (2 TPE)

15. (3 TPE) Considering we managed to avert a national crisis not too long ago, Ireland's goal these days is mostly to try and be a consistent name on the higher echelons of the tournament. Our tradition might be hard to repeat and/or emulate but I can guarantee that we will not back down at any point and do our damndest to make it as far as we possibly can. I do imagine that Anton Harrier will probably perform in a similar role as he does with the Manhattan Rage as a depth line player who does his job when asked and that's about it. He doesn't have that Yoshi McCloud talent of blocking shots or anything of the like but he does seem to be very good at scoring at key moments regardless of whether the team goes on to win or not so I suppose he'll be at his finest in an international tournament, depending on how well the team suits up for that.

23. (2 TPE) Harrowing
Awareness
Reportedly
Roaming
In
Europe's
Radar

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

SHL GM pass

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

GM pass

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

SHL GM CW Pass

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

GM pass

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 12:06 PM by TheGreatToeJam. Edited 2 times in total.)

Milestones 

CW Trivia Verification - Toe

1. A) I mean, let’s not pretend that last seasons Manhattan Rage just kind of stumbled into the finals. Much like the Maine Timber this season they really underperformed during the regular season but had a strong run in the playoffs. I fee like their finals appearance this season kind of proves that. They also had four ppg players last season, not a far cry from a contending team. (68 words)
B) I don’t think anyone is questioning Seattle’s chances here. They won a cup last season and as the question states - didn’t lose many players coming into this season. Not only do they have a chance I think many people would argue that they are the favorites to win another Challenge Cup. (52 words)

20. Let the record show - I take creeks extremely seriously. More often than not a creek is so much more than a body of gently moving water, it's where you drink your first beer with your best friends, or where you get peer pressured into trying drugs for the first time. Hell, it's where that group of no-gooders in Stand By Me stumbled into a crime scene and found a god damned dead body. So when I was asked to judge the best creek competition this year I jumped at the opportunity.
When judging a creek you want to submerge yourself in everything that place has to offer. So I begin by physically submerging myself in the water. I close my eyes and feel the water, what is the temperature? Warm? Glacial? How many leeches just latched on? Oh yeah. That's the good stuff. Listen to the gentle lull of empty red bull cans grating against rocks and feel the algae blooms as they give you a lovely rash. (168 words)

21. The Maine Timber, for lack of a better term, received a bag of cash after their cup win a couple seasons ago. They weren't entirely sure what to do with it at first, but after another long season and finals appearance before it finally came to them - a full length animated moving picture about Axey, the Axe wielding maniac from Maine! And also the mascot for the Maine Timber. The marketing department asked the entire team to head up to the board meeting for a brain storming session, and as Egli and the rest of the Timber squad took the room a frail man that seemed to sink into the large leather chair he sat upon turned to face the team. They somehow got Werner Herzog to direct this shit show.
They must have paid him more than the team was worth to get him away from his private villa in Austria - but alas, here he is, in Maine. And the only idea he has pitched is Axey in a fight to the death with the ghost of Grizzly Man. (180 words)

Energetic
Goblin, from
Lumnezia, also an
Idiot

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

SMJHL HO CW Pass

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]