Create Account

S68 Championship Week Due: January 8th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

+1 S68 Milestones

Trivia verification - Blast

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 12:31 AM by micool132. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

tocaps

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

My Milestones claim

Code:
1 affiliate PT for 3 TPE

PBE affiliate PT for 3 TPE

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

[Image: X5T3uoIrVFyAeaTkLzSFUq0ERo2pnf0AqL9gAAAA...height=492]

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Neutral Turf (150 words min.)
We simply cannot play in a host country any more, it's too big of an advantage for the home team. You're going to have to find the ideal location to host these international tournaments, and it cannot be in any existing country! Where do you take this season's IIHF tournaments to ensure neutral territory? Bonus points for any fun and exciting extra effects this location might have on the game of hockey. 

The best place to play a hockey international game on a neutral siet would be to play inside a dwarf fortress. Think about it, it's located deep within the "safety" of a mountain. The ice is probably generated from weird mechanics involving a frozen river getting pumped my screw pumps fueled by magma engins, thats badass. The dwarfs would buy a lot of alcohol beverage and would fund the whole tournament with that, They would be able to craft awesome bronze, silver and gold medals, awesome platinum cup, and many other metal and jewelry accessories for the players playing the tournament. The only problem could be security, the depth of these caverns is unhabited by mythic monsters, maybe a cup raging monster known as Micoolus would appear and slaughter everyone to get the cup, but probably not. The feral wildlife would not be a problem since the fortress is built by @Duff101 and he knows how to trap the wildlife. He would in fact probably organise halftime shows with fighting beasts and gladiators probably, or organise race between the feral badgers i don't know, he's a madman.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

Angus McFife The Eighteenth is not the kind of guy to make new years resolution all the time, but as his career in hockey is peaking and every ounce of improvement helps atlanta keep that competitive window open, he needs to take action in order to keep improving. His first resolution is to start the season stronger. Angus is a slow starter, and it doesn't help the team get an advantageaous standing position come the playoffs. A stronger start means more rest once the ranking is solidified, which means a well rested sqaud for the playoffs.

A second resolution he wants to make is to push his individual performance in the playoffs. The Inferno has been eliminated twice in the last season to the contending team in the east. This has to change, and Angus, while always solid, needs to give more individually to help the team make it thru. Scoring more goals, making better passes, more bone crushing hits or a few crease clears to help his goalie. Petrov and JEziak are retiring at the end of the season, Angus wants to make sure they get another cup before they leave as they were huge part of the winning culture in Atlanta and also very good friends. The newcomes also gotta see how great it is to win in Atlanta.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

1. (3 tpe)
tea

2. (4 tpe)
a) Having a balanced attack in which multiple players are contributing is a much more lethal and difficult monster to game plan against. No matter what you think is the area that needs protection against, it's going to be a matter of managing limited resources and most likely leaving one of those offensive players against weaker opposition.
b) This team is absolutely capable of doing it again. While they might have had a season under their belt for their older players to take another step closer towards retirement, they still have the likes of Willie Miller who is more than capable of winning multiple series on his own that it doesn't really matter that Seattle did not make any significant changes.
c) Manning alone having beat the goalscoring and I believe points record is the difference maker alone in the series. He has faced all the goaltenders in the league and continued to light it up at an unbelievable clip. The only goalie he hasn't scored against in an official game is his own, Willie Miller who himself could easily be considered the best goaltender in the league.
d) This season I would still make the same pick to go with Seattle. Their goodluck and talismanic defenseman Jonas Kahnwald has won the last two cups and I expect him to make it three in a row with his lightning skating and wily experience on top of his creativity. The only thing that could be said is Manhattan having the experience to make it more difficult, but last series went to 7 to begin with so the margins are already razor thin.

3. (3 tpe)
The main thing that Minamino aspires to in this calendar year is continuing to improve on his longevity in the game. With so many of his draft class mates from the S53 draft class slowly continuing to dwindle away, it is less about how big the offensive production gets, and rather how consistent it can remain while fighting against Father Time. It is a difficult proposition considering how the league has been incredibly harsh to the older veterans compared to the previous eras, but the main advantage was the heights that Minamino had reached, that had made him a much more stable player. He has continued to show his goalscoring chops especially in the playoffs, and with these seasons coming up, focusing on a more balanced play might be the way to go to continue to carve out a job in this league. Being both flexible mentally as well as physically will be the key in finding a potential but hopeful hall of fame career.

7. (3 tpe)
Milestones

18. (2 tpe)
It isn't a surprise considering how much of a dominant team Seattle were and especially with the surprise knock out of Winnipeg, there really wasn't as much of a consideration that there would be a new cup winner. Manhattan continues to impress with the ability to consistently making it past the rounds where other teams have stumbled, but clearly still need to find just one more gear to make it theirs when it comes to winning it all. Ideally a new cup winner would have been exciting to see but the series still went to 7 and made it as exciting as could be.

23. (2 tpe)
Regressing
Yucky
Understated
Understanding
Justification
Ignored

Ryuuji

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

redline

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

King
Influencing
New
Sportspeople
In
New
Great
Engaging
Ratios

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

S38 SMJHL Milestones +2 TPE
CW Trivia (Verif Code: Stone)
ISFL Affiliate (Username Nathan)

Task 2B: Seattle Continuity
I believe that despite Seattle having a similar roster between Season 67 and Season 68 doesn't mean that the roster is no long capable of winning a Challenge Cup or that the changes that did happen caused them not to repeat.  Hockey (and all sports) have a level of variance not measured by skill, as we've know with the term "puck luck".  This doesn't mean that Manhattan or any Cup champion is a fake or just lucky, you need to put yourself in a position to be lucky.  It's just that this natural variance can produce massively different outcomes.  Manhattan and Seattle went to 7 games in S67 as well, so it isn't like they were a clear tier above Manhattan either.
Task 3: New Year's Resolution
Spirits are high in Detroit after winning the Four Star Cup over Maine, but that doesn't mean that we still need to improve and train.  We have a couple players getting called up like BNana N'Waffles who were core contributors for this cup winning team and their loss will be felt badly.  Myself I will continue to improve my skating and defense aspects.  While I am one of the better players defensively, there's still room for improvement such as in my body checking and stick checking as that lags behind my other defensive stats.  Improving as a skater will also improve my play in all aspects in terms of getting into a good position.  I will also improve slightly on my offensive part of my game as that is lacking.  Not to the point of becoming an offensive defensemen but enough to not be a negative on that side of the ice, at least not as much as I currently am.
Task 5: Boat vs Bull
This is a very easy win for the boats.  This would be a win against any organism unless they had the weapons or equipment to deal effective damage onto the boats.  The main problem for the boats would be for the bulls to get inside and destroy equipment there, which is easily rectified by being out from shore only about 100 meters.  You could say that the bulls could run away from the boats and wait for an opportunity to strike, but that opportunity would never come without the boats giving up their greatest advantage.  Even if there were weapons and/or equipment that could destroy the boats, a bull does not have the mental acuity or physical traits to be able to use them effectively, and the boats could easily fire on wherever this equipment is unless it is well fortified enough to not be destroyed.  While there is a scenario where the boats may not win the battle, there isn't a scenario I can think of where they lose.

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*
Affiliate PT

Code:
caltroiterino

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Code:

Chiefs

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

A. Of course a team with a more balanced attack will be a different beast than one with a great first line and more ordinary 3 other lines. Yeah, if you get the best of the best on your first line, they will be able to win games and games for you but no one is great 100% of the time and the day they are off, you won't be winning it. With 3 great lines, whenever 1 line is down for whatever reason, you got 2 other lines to get the goals from.
B. Of course they can do it again since they already done it, but it's not only one team you should observe in a series, it's both teams. If they were facing the same team as last season, they we would know that they would probably be the winner, but since it's not the case, we can't know for sure if the team that one it all last season will be enough to best this season't new challenge.
C. I don't really believe any of the teams will have the answer for the other team star. I think this should be a high scoring series and the winner won't be the one who will shut down the other star, but the star who will outshine his opponent
D. It's hard to say, but between the behemoth that won last season and didn't really changed their formula or the younger team who got more experience and a way more balanced team than last time, I think I will put my money on the revamped Manhatan for the cup this season.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly. 
With a new team for Brendan Laroux after a monster trade during the offseason who sent two great defensemens to the 4star cup winner Detroit, It's time to be serious and think about winning the cup before going up in the big league. I don't really know any rivalries the Flacons have with any team in the SMJHL so I'll go with a rivalry that's not from a team perspective, nor from a player perspective but from a user one. Being on this site since S35, I've seen a lot and played with so many players, but there is one in particular that I've didn'T played with since my first seasons here and the stars have alligned for us two to be drafted together in the same teamin the major. I know we will have enough chances of winning the cup together with the Monarchs in the future, but this season, our last before getting called up, will be the last time we will be able to play against eachother for the big cup. So that's why, for me, the best series I could think of would be if we play Evok's QCC in the final. Whoever win gets the right to brag about it for the rest of our players career

Code:

Milestones

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/
Tried to get my french player joining the Falcons but somehow ended up with a one-legged batman playing hockey instead xD
[Image: cS4TYdB.png]

Code:
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

Laughing
Austrian
Ransacked
Our
Ugly
Xylophone

[Image: uktCsuX.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 01:50 AM by Flowseidon. Edited 5 times in total.)

Verification word: Pancake

What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

The off-season is always an excellent time for self-improvement, both on and off of the ice. This year Chad Nickelback is going to focused on a two pronged approach to the new year and the new season by focusing on something both in game and out of the game.

When it came to milestones this year, Chad missed out on the coveted PIM milestone by just a little better. Now this made him very angry, and caused him to see red. As a result, he went on a rampage in a local grocery store and knocked shelves all over the place. For this season, Chad is going to try to work on his discipline to be able to reach that milestone next year. It's his hope that these totally not court mandated anger management seminars will help him reach that goal.

Off the ice, Chad is going to be focusing on increasing his branding league wide. As he comes into his own on the ice, he will need to be partnering with sponsors to increase his visibility. He will try to use these brands to lobby himself into all-star games, and to get more ice-time.

7.7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3305564

20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Creek (150 words min.)
If you were the judge of a creek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship creek? Is it based on volume of water moved through the creek? Is pleasantness of sound a factor? The beauty of the creek itself? Biodiversity? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me how you would define the perfect creek.

Now to get a perfect creek we need a number of things to really be going for it, each more important than the last.

Location - the perfect creek needs to be reachable, but still require some effort to get to. The needed effort required to get to the creek will make people appreciate it that much more.
Water - yes, of course water is a major factor. No, we aren't talking about the amount, but rather the drinkablity. How does that fresh water taste? Is it nice and cold?
Shape - now this is a highly controversial and subjective piece of the judging. The shape of the creek is a very personal taste, but important to our perceptions nonetheless. Some like. Skinny lake that stretches long distances, while others are more happy with a wide lake that covers the area it's in well.

Thise are the 3 main factors to determining a championship lake. A good intro class for newcomers to our sport.

21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animated Movie (150 words min.)
Your team's marketing department just got an enormous budget to make an animated feature film about your team's mascot. Write me a short overview of movie. What does it look like? What happens? Who voices the characters? As a graphic option, show me a still frame from that movie

The 2-time runner up Manhattan Rage will be making their way to the big screen in their efforts to get the fans behind them in their quest for the cup. However, something is different up on the big screen. They aren't questing through the hockey season, but rather to retrieve the Challenge Cup that was stolen from the league by the evil boatsmen.

They will travel far and wide, across oceans, land, and sly to follow the clues leading them on a epic adventure across the world. With stops at many monuments nearly as rich in history as the challenge cup (like the Eiffel Tower). They will see beautiful vistas, eat incredible foods, and share in each other's company as they learn to work together.

The film, will have 3 acts, with the raging animated bulls failing their tasks twice before the final showdown in Seattle in the United States. On their quarries home turf will they be able to retrieve the cup and save the SHL?

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Naturally
Iridescent
Child
Knits
Everyone
Large
Boots
And
Catches
Kooties

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

poop (i think? i had to redo this post hrs later)

3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)]
Loosh’s New Year’s Resolution is to improve his work ethic to make up for the mistakes of last season. For most of the season, Loosh didn’t really grow at all & right as playoffs came about he made massive leaps in a playoff crunch, but it was to no avail. This season, he intends to be the first player to arrive at training & to be the last one off the ice. He hopes to continue to cultivate his shooting and passing abilities & to further develop his ability to read the game. He is fully committed to becoming the strongest playmaker in the SMJHL – and eventually in the SHL. That’s the writing on the wall for Loosh next season. He also hopes that as a result of continuous high-intensity training he will further develop his physical traits, including his speed and agility, key traits to the playstyle he hopes to attain.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
100% three living war boats with eyes. It's not close. While the bulls may be able to put forth a good fight, or even get close to the boat by some freak occurrence, the warboats are ridiculously strong and have firepower beyond belief. They can always just shoot off some rockets or something to knock out the entirety of the bulls. Even in the worst case scenario, where the naval ships are beached, the bulls don’t stand a chance because the ships can just unleash a barrage of attacks that will account for any uncertainties in their accuracy or anything like that. Also.. what are the bulls even capable of doing? Hitting the side of the steel hulls designed to withstand various obstacles in the ocean? They can’t do anything. Honestly, it may end in a stalemate with the bulls just ramming the sides of the boats and not really doing any damage.. unless the boats sacrifice one of their own to kill off all the bulls/shoot at each other.

6. Written, 3 TPE, Too Many Choices (150 words min.)
I’ve got only a couple of ideas:
    1. The Sexiest Hockey League around
    2. Sim Hockey – a game of positions.
I’ll be honest.. I’m aware that these are poor options. Im painfully aware of that.. I’m admittedly just trying to get this final task done. THAT SAID, the first one is kind of good in the sense that it leverages the SHL acronym, though it’s a bit on the nose. It’s admittedly probably too pointed to be the face of a site this large and popular. The second slogan is a bit less obvious, but I think it plays to the joke around 69 pretty safely. If you get it, you get it. If not, it’s an innocent proclamation that.. hockey (and by proxy, simulation hockey) is a game of positions. That’s just true. So, though my two slogans are poor, they’re both viable in their own ways I think. That said, I’m sure the creativity throughout the rest of the thread will trump mine.

7. Milestones, 2 TPE
link

18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
This season’s finals are a little surprising. In my head, Seattle comes as no surprise as a finals contender – and eventual victor, especially with their finish at first and the performances of Max Manning, Luukas Lilja, and Willie Miller. On the other hand, though, Manhattan is a bit of a surprise contender, and it’s certainly impressive that they kept the series close. They were relatively quiet in the regular season, but Tomas Lind, Sean Gates, and Adam Rage (among others) have had a wonderful offseason. They should certainly be proud of their accomplishment this season & I would say that Seattle was the favorite entering the finals, but there’s something to be said for the nail-biting conclusion to a great SHL season.

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:

Ryosuke Sato Milestone Claim
Procrastinators

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

Honestly, I do not think that many expected Manhattan to be able to make it back to the finals again, taking down a higher seated Philadelphia Forge, Atlanta Inferno, and Buffalo Stampede team. It definitely was not even a close series for most except for against the Inferno where the Rage took 7 games to beat them. For both the Forge and Stampede, Manhattan did quick work with the teams finishing both series in 5 games and heading off to the finals. The Rage did not even back down against the favourites in the Seattle Argonauts, taking them too to 7 games. This is probably the most surprising results of the playoffs. (112 words)

Beyond Prompts

Code:
If you were the judge of a creek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship creek? Is it based on volume of water moved through the creek? Is pleasantness of sound a factor? The beauty of the creek itself? Biodiversity? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me how you would define the perfect creek.

The best creek has to be one that has both turbulent and laminar flow, being able to demonstrate that along the path. Furthermore, the creek should exhibit meandering curves that form a natural and almost symmetrical look to the creek with little to no harsh edges and jagged rocks. The volume of the creeks has be sufficiently deep to ensure the establishment of an ecosystem that supports the spawning of fish and other aquatic animals. The sound must also be serene with sufficient, but not too loud, audio that one can sleep to. These factors of visual aesthetics, water flow and volume, the ability to support an ecosystem, and sound are all factored into the decision of the championship creek. The ecosystem and water flow and volume are the most important categories sharing 25% of the scoring each. The aesthetics and sound cover the remaining 12.5% each in the ultimate decision on the best creek. (155 words)

Code:
Your team's marketing department just got an enormous budget to make an animated feature film about your team's mascot. Write me a short overview of movie. What does it look like? What happens? Who voices the characters? As a graphic option, show me a still frame from that movie!

If I am not mistaken or have been out of it for sufficiently long amount of time, the Toronto North Star's mascot is Luke in a star costume. To be more exact, it is a gritty in a star costume. With this, we will obviously have Luke voice over the mascot and if he is willing, he will be put into the mascot costume to embrace the audio actor role and immerse himself into the animated feature film. In the film, Luke will first explode onto the scene with bright rays of light surrounding him as he waves to the fans. Then, he flies through the dark night sky, circling the city of Toronto before landing right down in center ice like a superhero as the fans cheer on his name! Luke then begins shooting stars into the crowd providing an amazing light show as the Toronto North Star team starts skating onto the ice and giving Luke high-fives along the way with hype songs playing in the background. Once the songs are done, Luke shoots up into the sky one more time and disappears into the jumbotron as the North Star logo comes to the screen. (197 words)

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Rigged (150 words min.)
You've been given the opportunity to change the simulated hockey league into something completely different, however your teams / teammates will not change. Choose a new competition that is completely rigged for your team to win, based on the unique skills and personalities on your team. What season long competition are you 100% confident that you and your teammates could win? As a graphic option, show me this new competition, whatever it may be, being dominated by you and a few of your teammates. 

Alright the Toronto North Stars are going to be winning the simulated hockey league and one thing that our team has is the goalie with the biggest heart for the team. Name one player that has played for the team as long as Carpy has and (unfortunately) has not won the Challenge Cup yet? And therefore, each and every game will be based on the player with the longest-standing, oldest player on the team that has stuck to the team for the entirety of their career. This will be valid for the coming season only as Harry Carpet has entered retirement, and therefore the Toronto North Stars (should) be winning most if not all of their games this season by default. Therefore, the Toronto North Stars will be the champions of the simulated hockey league for the first time since the S30s, reclaiming history as the oldest SHL team in the league! (152 words)

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Regressing
Yearly
Old
Slow
User
Keeping
Existence

16/16 TPE

1.) Shylo

2.)
a.)  I think it is a different beast they are a lot more potent overall. The onslaught is coming at a very hard pace to keep up with in comparison to Seattle who’s on the regressing end of the board. I believe Manhattan is a very dangerous team and could be a dynasty in the making.

b.) I think Seattle has gotten old some players have regressed. I also believe Manhattan has gotten a lot better and a way more potent defense in comparison to last year’s manhattan. I firmly believe Manhattan is a very improved squad and Seattle is only getting older. Seattle while being mostly the the same is older.

C.) I expect both Lind and Manning to do some damage. I believe they are huge keys for each of their respective teams to win this. I don’t expect high high scoring from them, but I expect the big moments to come down to goals from these guys. I am expecting some good defense as well.

D.) I think Manhattan gets revenge for round 2. I really believe it’s a stronger team and way too good to overpower for Seattle. I really think Manhattan has an all around amazing team, and Seattle has gotten a lot older over time. I think Manhattan had improved internally. It has become a team you never wanna mess with.

3.) new year’s resolution. Become better at the offensive side of the puck. Become a 2-way type of player with solid passing and goal scoring. Become a 2000 TPE player by the end of the year and be someone who truly is a spectacular sight to see. Win a Challenge cup in Montreal and ultimately become a star player in the league and advocate for more CW Passes so I don’t have to do this much any more. I think one of the other resolutions is to be someone who helps push the league in the right direction, simulation wise, rules, and other ways. I want to bring in more engagement within the league and ultimately be a solution to making a great community even better and bigger. I’d like to push for more league engagement. Some more league events that keeps everyone engaged within the league.

4.) I’d love to annihilate Toronto and Buffalo in a playoff year. Something about rivalries. You gotta dig deep in those matchups and it just feels so much better when you know you’ve taken care of your biggest competition within the division. That’s when you know you can do pretty much anything. Going into a final matchup it would be a very cool experience to play another Canadian team and get an all Canadian final. Those just seem to be the dream matchups when it comes to anything in playoff time. Scoring an OT goal in game 7 would make it all the more spectacular I can imagine having the Dragons v Patriotes Winter v Moxii as a final with it ending in a hard fought battle. OT winner all games a 1 goal game everytime. It would be the dream matchup in the SHL. Only thing that could really make it better would be if you could simulate it with real player models and have actual commentary over the top of the game, but overall it would be a very fun experience to play Canadian teams and some rivals throughout a playoff bracket.

+3 TPE - S68 Mikestones

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

16/16

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

a. I do not think it's a different beast because these are all the same players scoring at the top of the team.  I think it's a different beast because the entire team is playing a more responsible game.  As a simple measure, the Corsi ratings for the entire team this playoffs would be within the top 4 last playoffs.  Notably, the big stud Lebedev went from -144 C over 27 games to -1 C over 24 games with much of that improvement in the CA side of the equation.

Code:

My player probably won't reach the finals next season.  They will continue to work on stemming the bleeding as they slip more and more into the depths of regression.  More stretching to stay limber and more ice to help with the bruising.

However, they don't believe much in new years resolutions.  They believe in game after game improvement.  If there is something worth doing in the new year, it is something worth doing next game.  Granted there are things that cannot be done in one game but the same concept applies to weekly improvements.

Even tracking stats year over year can be a bit pointless.  Slip fills in the cracks where needed and where he can find them.  Sometimes, he'll be in a squad that needs him to hit and sometimes he'll be in a squad that needs him to block.  He will show up and put in work until he can't find work in the league.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

The answer depends on the arena.  Water and it goes to the boats because the bulls can't swim in the deep.  Land and it goes to the bulls because the boats can't move at all.  Now, if we were to suspend all combatants in the air and give them the ability to move freely, it's a much harder question.

Can the bulls beat the onset panic and organize strategically against the boats?  You can't really explain to the bulls why they can fly all of the sudden.  I'm assuming the boats are sentient because of the eyes and for no good reason that they are smarter than the bulls.  They have fewer allies to coordinate so communication is much less complicated.  If they can get it together, they can build a boat wall and crush the bulls or something.

Ultimately, I think it just takes a few bulls accidentally poking the boats in the eyes to turn the tables and unleash the mayhem.  Bulls in four.

Code:

+1

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3305609

Beyond Prompts

Code:
If you were the judge of a creek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship creek? Is it based on volume of water moved through the creek? Is pleasantness of sound a factor? The beauty of the creek itself? Biodiversity? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me how you would define the perfect creek.

I feel like any nature or science based creek competition is not very interesting for two main reasons.  First, there isn't much room to adjust your game year over year to improve your score.  You kind of get what you have to work with in terms of upstream potential volume and the local flora and / or fauna.  You risk eco-destruction in order to maximize these arbitrary scores.  Second, it's like powerwalking races because at some point you are just running and at some point this isn't a creek anymore.

Instead, I want a more functional creek competition.  What that means is left up to the creek-ers.  Maybe one creek team focuses on a full nature escape with a trail, picnics, and views.  However, another creek would focus on incoprorating into the urban fabric of a bustling downtown.  We want cafes by the water and paved bike trails. 

The functional creek competition will be judged by experts from a variety of fields.  One for sure has to be an ecologist or whoever could tell us that they haven't screwed up the environment.  I don't quite know how we get the others in, maybe some park ranger and some travel agent.

Code:
Your team's marketing department just got an enormous budget to make an animated feature film about your team's mascot. Write me a short overview of movie. What does it look like? What happens? Who voices the characters? As a graphic option, show me a still frame from that movie!

The movie is like Cars in that there is a whole society like we have but humans have been replaced by one thing.  In this case, it's just a bird society but all the birds wear pants.  The Platoon is a hyper-gritty war movie taking place in the society of birds.  It looks very much like a kids movie but the action is super intense and everyone swears like a parrot.  Most of the birds chain smoke because we are trying to hook a sponsorship from big tabacco.

The main plot is probably like the real movie Platoon, but I haven't seen it.  So maybe it's like this one bird who is super enthusiastic about joining the army.  Maybe there is a grizzled vet who has really seen some shit.  The young bird like gets his wing clipped and returns home to his family who considers him a hero but he doesn't feel like a hero.  He meets back up with the grizzled vet and they talk about surviving in bird society when no one knows what bird war is like.

There was supposed to be one scene in a romantic restaurant, but they didn't like how all the birds were vomitting into each other's mouths.

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Stinky
Lump
In
Platoon

Mister
Checking
Sticks
Checks
Right
Unto
Furious
Forwards

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]