Create Account

S68 Championship Week Due: January 8th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 01:08 AM by ValorX77. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. Word is Valor

ISFL Affiliate PT

Milestones +3 TPE

Procrastinator Graphic, Playoff MVP: [Image: AFRBXxH.jpg]

Podcast +4 TPE

(16/16)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

CW Pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 09:29 AM by MN_Moosey. Edited 3 times in total.)

ISFL Affiliate (3 TPE)

1. CW Trivia
slam

3. New Year New Me (3 TPE)
Season 69 will be Eaglesong's rookie year in the SHL. It is a big move for the young forward as the team he will be joining, Edmonton, has been in the midst of a rebuild for some time now. He prides himself on being a top defensive forward in juniors but making the jump will not be so easy. While rookie of the year would be the ultimate goal, it is not realistic given the team's position on the competitive scale and the other rookies that will be joining him on the big time ice. A goal that is more in line with what is achievable would be making a real impact to the team. Eaglesong will be slotting in as the team's third line center and will play a huge role on the penalty kill. The team finished under .500 so the real goal here is boosting the team over that mark and maybe make the second round of the playoffs. The team is young and has a lot of talent waiting to break out so why can't Eaglesong make an impact right away. (185)

7. Milestones
SMJHL Milestones

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2022, 09:44 PM by ZootTX. Edited 6 times in total.)

ISFL Affiliate
+3 TPE

1. CW Trivia, verification word: spooky
+3 TPE

2. D. While MAN has certainly made their case for winning this seasons championship, I think once again, that the unstoppable juggernaut that are the Argonauts will take the cup home. They just seem to have the entire team firing on all cylinders and I'd still like to know what the heck they feed Willie Miller as the man has no right to be this good for so long. (68 words)
+1 TPE

7. Milestones - +3 TPE - Milestones
+3 TPE

13. Graphic, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
[Image: uVFBNGS.png]
+1 TPE

20. Written, Championship Creek
A perfect creek isn't based on just one factor, but many put together. First off, you want the creek to have a nice steady flow, but you don't want some sort of rapids. Save the rafting for an actual river. You want the pleasant sound of a nice easy flowing body of water, and also the ability to swim in it. Speaking of swimming, its ok if there are some deeper parts, but there should be a nice area where you can easily stand in the water as well as get in and out. Over the deeper spots, a nice tree with a rope so you can swing out and jump in is pretty awesome. You'd like the water to be nice and clear, where you can see fish swimming, and for the temperature to be cool but not too cold. Finally there should be a nice grassy area in a spot where you can overlook the creek for picnics and hanging out and such. A nice place for a fire pit is also highly desirable.
179 words
+3 TPE

23. Written, Acrostic Poem
Mostly
Intelligent
Guy
Until
Everyone
Laughs
+2 TPE

+16 Total TPE

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

SMJHL GM CW Pass

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

CW pass

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

GM Pass

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

cw pass

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

12-30-2022, 11:19 AMgoldenglutes Wrote: cw pass
cw pass

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

CW pass  Elk

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2022, 12:31 PM by thedangazone. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA

Verification: tdz

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag:

A. I think it is definitely a different beast. While having that hot hand can get you so far, what happens if they suddenly go cold? Having a more balanced attack allows for multiple players to pick up the slack if one or more players is having a bad game. It also allows you to take advantage more of weaknesses on the other team.  63 words

B. I honestly don't see a weakness in Seattle so on paper it wouldn't be their fault if they did lose. The only reason I see them losing is because Manhattan is a pretty strong team overall; however, Seattle is still stronger so unless FHM decides to play the hot goalie card again Seattle should be a pretty easy shoe in for another cup. 63 words

C. I think both will probably play well, though maybe not as good as they have been. The other teams can shut them down in some games but it won't be consistent across the entire series. I also don't think it will really be key to the series and how it goes. The teams are both too deep overall for one player to really make the difference. 66 words

D. Has to be Seattle unless some major FHM stuff happens. Just straight up though I don't think there's any team in the league who could take Seattle in a 5 game series much less 7. They're too deep at every position and have some amazing coaches who know the sim very well to get the most out of that stacked team when it matters the most. 66 words

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me

As I am getting called up to Winnipeg next season I am going to have to work on a lot of different aspects of my game to help fill the void of losing Raven as a cap casualty. I don't expect there will be much I will be doing overall to help Winnipeg make it further in the playoffs but I can also work on a lot of things, especially on the defensive side of the puck, to more not mess up as much. With how strong we are on the offensive side of the puck my main focus will be don't mess up. So if I work hard on my checking, awareness, and puck handling I think I can hold my own on the 3rd line. I also would expect to be pretty good at faceoffs so that I can at least get us possession when I'm out there and maybe run my tail over to the bench as fast as possible after to let it be someone else's problem.
171 words

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series

So as a user I have been around for a long time and been on a lot of teams by now. While I have definitely created some big rivalries with other players and teams over the years I could easily make a list of teams I would love to beat out of spite. I think that beating friends and past teams would be even more fun though. Unfortunately with the current setup I don't think I could play a past team every single round but for a dream scenario here we go. I would start out with Calgary. My first SHL team and where I won my only 2 cups as a player. Being able to beat some old friends there would be a sweet recall for fun. I would then move on to NOLA. Mine and Joe's creation and baby. My first SHL GMing gig and where they won a cup after I had to step down due to medical concerns. I would then beat LAP, my next GMing gig with Fuzz. One of the most fun spots I have ever had on the site and so many friends I still have on the team. For the finals it would be tough as I've been on a few different Eastern teams. While I would love to beat any I will choose Atlanta just because they have had success and I would hate to see Toronto make it there and lose that close. 243 words

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull

Well this one depends entirely on the battlefield for sure. While living warboats would obviously win at sea, or any body of water, the bulls would have a good shot on land. I may have to go with the warboats on this one though. Regardless of at sea or not but I will just say on a giant sheet of ice for fun and irony. The bulls won't have great traction so won't be able to get too much speed but even if they did I don't think 15 bulls would do much to a single boat as far as damage goes. The warboats though have many defenses and plenty of weapons to eventually kill all the bulls. Even all 45 bulls on 1 boat wouldn't do enough damage to it and would probably hurt themselves just as bad. Now if it was regular boats and not war ones then maybe but there's absolutely no shot as is. Besides who wants to fight boats with eyes, it's creepy as hell and would scare the bulls away. 176 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Simmer pass

Fileworker CW Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Seattle GM pass

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

SHO CW Pass

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders