Create Account

S68 SMJHL oPT - One Season at a Time

Offensively, I was a bit disappointed how I performed, especially based on my pre-season performance. I expected to get a bit more production in the assist category and maybe a few more accidental goals. Defensively on the other hand, I was pleasantly surprised! For a majority of the season I was leading the team in shots blocked and had an impressive DGR throughout most the season. Prior to the draft, I think I will be leaning more into the defensive side of things as I have seen a lot of success there. Definitely going for the shot block record in the SMJHL next year!

Tiberius Kane's rookie season was a typical rookie season. I had high hopes for him initially, as he scored several goals and assists pretty early but then went on long droughts. It's hard to have a great rookie season when you're on a losing team, but that's no problem. All it means is that we should be trending in the direction of success when my TPE is higher. I'm hoping I can score a lot and this coming season should be a better indicator of that as I'll be capped and so will several of the draftees.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Overall it has been an interesting season for John Richard Carles Duke Hopoate. He was drafted late in the SHJML draft which he is always happy with because than he can have other great people on his team. But it has been a pretty great season for the best centre on the Bezerkers of New Foundland. Big Hoppa will for sure be looking forward to next season where he can expect to perform much better than he was already and hopefully be in line for some awards or something. I dunno if that is likely because I don't look at the index but that sounds like it would be a fun thing to aim for.

[Image: hopoate.png]

I would say that overall George Walsh had a pretty fantastic season as backup for the Anchorage Armada. He only started in 7 games, but he played in 9 total. With 5 wins, and 2 losses in his starts, he managed to only allow 14 goals, which gave him a 1.79 goals against average. With that 1.79 gaa in addition to a .930 save percentage, that puts him above all other goalies in the league, though of course they all played many more games than Walsh did. He did not record any shutouts sadly though. Quite happy with my rookie season and cannot wait to maybe be a starter next season.

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

PT PASS - SIMMER

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Klaes didn't set any real gold for himself that can be measured with states prior to the start of the season. He put up respectable numbers for a rookie but was never going to set the world on fire. While Vancouver struggled down the stretch, Klaes still found positives in the season and in his performance. It is something he can build on. His goal for next season is to just improve and contribute more, hopefully getting his team over additional hurdles. He doesn't need to be MVP or even lead the league or team, he just wants to contribute and if Vancouver are a better team because of him, he will consider his work a success.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Grzegorz Brzeszyszczykiewicz had a pretty good rookie season, all things considered. He made almost all of the goalie milestones, albeit a few by coming in exactly at the qualifying number. When accounting for adjustment to the North American game, he had a solid rookie season. However, 0.897 SV% is not where he wants to be. Grzegorz wants to consistently hit at least a 0.910. (Of course, he'd prefer to hold a 1.000, but understands this is unlikely.) His GAA of 3.39, the exact number set for the rookie milestone, also needs to come down. With time, Grzegorz is confident that he will meet both of these goals.

[107 words]

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Quote:Task: You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season? Were there any glorious moments that will forever be enshrined in your memory? (100 words min.)

I would say that my expectations for my player were not met, in that I did not have a winning season. I went in to S68 hoping to have more wins than losses, and though the Whalers were on pace for that in the first third of the season, the team's performance sank along the way. I'm not going to blame anyone else since the goalie is arguably the most important member of the team. Charlevoix holds himself to a high (fictional) standard and even though it was his rookie campaign I think there could've been more done.

That said, I'm very grateful for the Whalers management giving him the starting position in his very first SMJHL season. That's valuable experience that will go a long way in forming the foundation for years 2, 3, and possibly even 4.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Hugh Manius has a decent rookie season with the St. Louis Scarecrow and is looking forward to whatever the SHL will bring to him. He certainly met my goals in developing the player although this early on can you really go to wrong? He was tied for first in goals by defenseman so that is something to talk about. For next season I need to continue to build Hugh and develop some better defensive skills and make him a solid resource for the St. Louis Scarecrows. Were there any glorious moments that will forever be enshrined in your memory, no there is nothing that truly sticks out. There were sims I enjoyed and some sims I did not enjoy.

Words ~119

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

I am not entirely happy with how James Dion played in that first season. Don't wanna have the negative =/- of course but all things considered I suppose I cannot complain too hard about how im doing considering the team im on. Dont mean anything bad to GFG but i mean hey we werent very good this past season. So it will be quite hard to do a great plus minus number. Honestly dont think we have some great accomplishment in my first season that I will point to and say yes this is a crowning accomplishment. But all things considered perhaps being in the top 5 within my team in +/- is good enough. Not sure

(116 words)
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2023, 02:06 PM by damienj10. Edited 1 time in total.)

I must say the season was an absolute success for Hirano. Played very well on the third line and then when playoffs came was one of the top contributors to the team which is pretty insane for a rookie season! The Maine timber made it to the finals and lost in game 7 what a heart breaker. Not all is lost as next season we will be even stronger!!! I for sure will hopefully take another step in becoming a better player and maybe break some SMJHL scoring records! Now up next is the SHL draft which is well tomorrow so that’s going to be exciting! No idea where I’m going to land whatsoever so it’ll be fun and a good time!

120 words

Patricija this season I think performed well but went a bit laterally from my original goals. I planned to be a big goalscorer and have that be my main contribution offensively, but I ended up being much more of a playmaker and a defensive contributor than I thought my stats would be able to handle. Thinking about it, I think there is a sort of breakpoint where my offensive stats will be able to accomplish what I want more effectively, and until then my player has a tendency to pass the puck off rather than take a shot for themselves. While I'm not unhappy with the production, I had over 20 assists in the season, it'd be nice to pick up personal production going into the next season.

(128)

Walt "Clyde" Frazier actually had a very good rookie year. He scored twenty nine goals in the regular season and continued to roll in the playoffs. It was a very positive experience overall with the Scarecrows. The team is made up of a bunch of good guys and the feel around the team is positive.

My goals for my new player are largely different than my two previous guys. Walt is supposed to be a shoot first, shoot second, pass very little type of guy. He's supposed to score goals in bunches. Thus far he has accomplished this nicely. I have every reason to believe this will continue into next season.

As for next season I just want to keep building tpe and scoring lots of goals.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]