Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #2 Newfoundland Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 05:48 PM by Scrufdaddy. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Newfoundland Berserkers isn't at the level that it has been earlier, everyone can see that. However, I do think we are on the right way. We have some really hot rookies building their players, myself included, so let's look where we are.

(NOTE: I don't know if someone is getting called up, so I will look at this from the perspective that everyone stays down except for the eligible players that are older than 4)

OFFENSE:

S67

Brennan Kennedy III, 421 TPE
Pope Coswi Jr, 237 TPE

S68

Matiss Ozolinsh, 466 TPE
Guinness O'Bigbers, 330 TPE
Hingle McCringleberry, 225 TPE
Timothy Jimothy, 251 TPE

S69

John Hopoate, 294 TPE
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez, 298 TPE
Jacob Fournier, 222 TPE
Antoine Beauregard, 266 TPE
Ryan McKennedy, 193 TPE

Conclusion:

Matiss will be able to unbank to 425 which will help a lot, while I'm guessing that 3 of the rookies will be at or close to the 350 cap by the start of next season.
I know that people have earned but not updated with it being Christmas and the offseason and all, I'm mostly just going off of the updated TPE but I know for a fact that people have been earning.
Before the season ends we should have half the line-up with at least 350 TPE, which will be nice for sure.
We are without a 4th line center, so we'll have to look for that in the draft or IFA.

So we're looking at something like this for TPE / Position on the offense, assuming that the ones that is still earning does so and updates. Take this with a grain of salt though, i'm most likely counting it on the low side.

421 - 294 - 424
330 - 237 - 330
330 - 200 - 330
260 - ? - 275

DEFENSE:

S67

Otto Steinberger, 302 TPE
Rasmus Bergling, 549 TPE
Louis Perreault, 288 TPE

S68

Lester Oiduser, 465 TPE
Philip Fry, 462 TPE

Conclusion:

We have 5 defensemen on the roster after Kayden King leaves for being too old. A solid d-line for sure!
Captain Rasmus Bergling from the S67 SHL Class plays his last season and will be joined by two more capped defensemen in Oiduser and Fry from the S68 SHL class.
Otto was 15th OA in blocked shots last season and Bergling/Oiduser was in the top 30. With an overall higher TPE on the entire team, we should be able to force the
opponents to shoot in their lane, upping those numbers. Fry was top 10 in points for defensemen, which should go up with the extra TPE. We'll have to see if we find a draftee or an IFA for the last spot.

So the d-line would look something like this.

425 - 425
425 - 300
300 - ?

GOALIES

S68

Tummy Hurts, 453

Conclusion:

Soo, Tummy Hurts is the only goalie on the roster right now with Samuel Piccard aging out of the J, but we're not sorry about that.
Hurts will be able to unbank to 425, which should be huge. However the sim is weird so perhaps that won't matter as much as the defensive unbanks, but it's always nice to see better numbers.
Whatever happens, we love us some Tummy Hurts and they will obviously be our starter.

I have not looked a lot at the other teams, but I'm assuming that we'll be in a much better position in the league table come next season. I'm sure there are a couple of teams that are higher in TPE, so I'm not saying that we're a top team in those terms. However, compared to last season we will be looking a lot better!

So, to sum this up. Our Defense and Goalie look good/great, our offense could use some strengthening, however.
Especially on the C where we're not even full right now. So a strong C in the first round would be great. Another D and backup goalie to fill the roster out.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

@Samsung virtual assistant APPROVED! +5 TPE

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]