Create Account

S69 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2023, 04:20 PM by lore. Edited 2 times in total.)

6. Deep Dive #1 - How Is Yukon Looking

@Josh Latreille Graded! 1 task completed for $1 million + $1 million bonus coming your way for completing all tasks! - Lore

[Image: latrielle.png]
Sig. Graphic made by Ragnar
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2023, 04:27 PM by lore. Edited 2 times in total.)

01-23-2023, 06:35 PMdomffl Wrote:
01-09-2023, 06:21 PMdomffl Wrote: 1. Update Thread
2. AC
3. Weekly Training
4. PT placeholder
5. GFX placeholder
6. Deep Dive placeholder
7. Stream placeholder
8.  S70 Rookie Survey

Graded! 4 tasks completed at 1 million per! Please submit any new tasks in a seperate post to claim @domffl! - Frenchie
5. GFX

Graded! 1 tasks completed for $1 million! Be sure to make a new post for any new claims @domffl - Lore
4. PT
6. Deep Dive #1
7. Stream
I was able to finally watch a SMJHL stream this season. Unfortunately for me, it ended up being the SMJHL Regular Season Day 9, where my Colorado Raptors lost handsomely to the Detroit Falcons. I've seen quite a few live sims in my one year of sim league connoisseuring, but this one might be among the top. Of course, I don't expect the fluidity of FIFA or Madden while watching these sim engines, but the fact that they're not simply dots on a field is a step in the right direction. It's not my favorite sim engine to watch, but I really do enjoy seeing live sim action instead of just watching box scores be tallied up "live." I also thought that the play speed was at a decent level. I watched an SHL stream the other day and I couldn't keep up with where the puck was on the ice. At that point, it's basically like watching the box scores. But if I am able to see plays build up and watch the puck move between players, I am able to get much more involved during the stream. I look forward to watching the Raptors' sim avatars demolish the rest of the league for the remainder of the season.

@domffl Graded! 3 tasks completed for $3 million + $1 million bonus coming your way for completing all tasks! - Lore

[Image: jwpshl.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2023, 04:43 PM by lore. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Update Thread
2. Activity Check
3. [url=+3 TPE - Weekly Training]Weekly Training[/url]
4. Players Catch-Up TBE

8. Rookie Survey

Graded! 3 tasks completed for $3 million! Be sure to make a new post for any new claims @SStelling - Lore

I unfortunately could not accept tasks 3 or 4. The link for task 3 seems to be broken/incorrect, and or task 4 you need to link to a post in this thread that lists your name for claimable TPE. Just fix those in your next post and you'll be good to go for the $2M. Feel free to send me a message if you need any help!
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2023, 04:47 PM by lore. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Create an update page
2. Claim an activity check
3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players)
4. Claim PT in claim thread
8. Complete the Rookie Survey

Graded! 5 tasks completed for $5 million! Be sure to make a new post for any new claims @apollorion - Lore
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2023, 04:50 PM by lore. Edited 1 time in total.)

6. Deep Dive #1 - A look at the SMJHL standings

That should wrap up all of my rookie tasks now as well.

@nerji Graded! 1 task completed for $1 million + $1 million bonus coming your way for completing all tasks! - Lore

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: 1I2bN7C.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2023, 05:00 PM by lore. Edited 1 time in total.)

01-23-2023, 01:07 PMEstovich Wrote:
Code:
1. Create an update page
Update Page
Code:
2. Claim an activity check
Activity
Code:
3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players)
First Training
Code:
7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube
    -To verify, please do one of the following and post it in your rookie tasks claim:
      - Write 150 words about the games that happened during the stream
      - Create a 2-min podcast about the stream
      - Create a graphic about your favorite part of the stream ( please post the graphic in the rookie task claim thread and not as a graphics submission)
7: With the first bunch of preseason games in the books, it was great to see how the various SMJHL teams would perform. To start things off the Detroit Falcons faced the Carolina Kraken and while during the first third the teams appeared to be evenly matched the Falcons quickly pulled away in the second third by scoring two goals. The Kraken unable to get the game back into their hands had to watch as the Falcons extended the lead to 3 goals in the third and claimed a decisive victory. While in the first game it appeared both teams got off to a slow start the Knights didnt wait around and started off their preseason opener by scoring 3 in the first. The Elk quickly succumbed to that onslaught and were left with a 6-2 loss, a demoralizing start to preseason. This game would also remain the highest scoring game of the day, with 8 goals in total. 
During the following days of Preseason the Falcons continued right where they left off, taking home another win from their game against the whalers. This time the Falcons made use of the 1st but then trailed off and fell behind 1-2 until they unleashed a scoring barrage in the 3rd. They continued on their hot streak beating the Scarecrows handidly and beating the Knights in a close 2-1 match. The Elk would become the next victim of the sizzling hot Falcons a quick 4-0 win made sure the Falcons remained unbeaten. Now the Falcons had to face the Knights, who just like in their first game played a strong attacking style and while the Falcons were able to pull ahead 2-1 in the first, 4 goals in both the 2nd and 3rd by the Knights proved too much even for them, bringing an end to the unbeaten start. The following day the Falcons had a chance to rectify things as they would face the Knights again. This time they were able to shut down their explosive offence leaving the game at 2-2 at the end of regulation but in OT Valleva sealed the Deal for the Knights leaving the Falcons Fans wishing for more. All in all it was a riveting start to the preseason and it will be interesting to see which trends hold up.
Code:
8. Complete the Rookie Survey (post that you completed it and we will verify with the rookie mentor head that it is complete for credit)
    - As recreates can not complete the rookie survey we simply ask them to link a player page from a past player for this task instead
Survey

Will look to complete others if possible

Graded! 5 tasks completed for $5 million! Be sure to make a new post for any new claims @Estovich - Lore

I completed 2 more tasks

Code:
4. Complete a PT and claim it from the current SMJHL Claims Thread. [NOTE: this task is only claimable once the claims thread opens for S69: "Your First PT," "Rookie Survey PT" and "Catch Up TPE Claim Thread" do not count for this task]

To claim this task, find a TPE claim where your name is listed with a TPE value next to your name. Then, right click on the post number in the top right corner of the post, then choose "Copy link address." Afterward, paste the link in your claim post.
PT
Code:
6. Write a Deep Dive [NOTE: This task is only claimable once the first preseason stream for the SHL/SMJHL concludes, as per the Deep Dive Rules and Guidelines]
Deep Dive

Graded! 2 tasks completed for $2 million! Be sure to make a new post for any new claims @Estovich - Lore
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2023, 05:05 PM by lore. Edited 1 time in total.)

ROOKIE TASKS

4. Complete a PT and claim it from the current SMJHL Claims Thread. [NOTE: this task is only claimable once the claims thread opens for S69: "Your First PT," "Rookie Survey PT" and "Catch Up TPE Claim Thread" do not count for this task]

+7 TPE - S69 week 3

6. Write a Deep Dive [NOTE: This task is only claimable once the first preseason stream for the SHL/SMJHL concludes, as per the Deep Dive Rules and Guidelines][/code]

+5 TPE - Deep Dive 1

Graded! 2 tasks completed for $2 million! Be sure to make a new post for any new claims @gurbs - Lore

[Image: gurbs.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2023, 03:36 PM by Frenchie. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Update Thread
2. Activity Check
3. Weekly Training
4. PT's
5. Rookie Task Graphic
6. Deep Dive
7. [Image: 4_points.gif]
8. Previous Player

[Image: please.gif]

Graded! 8 tasks completed @1 million per + 1 million completion bonus! Good work @RedCapeDiver! - Frenchie

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2023, 03:38 PM by Frenchie. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 1 - Update Page
Task 2 - Activity Check
Task 3 - Training
Task 4 - PT being claimed in my update thread
Task 5 - Not done
Task 6 - Deep Dive
Task 7 - Not done
Task 8 - Past player page

Graded! 6 tasks completed @1 million per. Be sure to post new completed tasks in a seperate post @dankoa! - Frenchie

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2023, 07:40 PM by Frenchie. Edited 3 times in total.)

5. Submit a Graphic for grading (Sorry forgot to tag with rookie tag)

6. Submit a deep dive

7. Well that was painful to watch. I got to watch as Kelowna was knocked out in 4 straight games in the second round. It would have been less painful it we didn’t have such a great season and were expecting a fairly respectable run. Heck it even would have been ok if we hadn’t got shut out 2 of the 4 games. Instead it was more of an act of mercy rather than an evenly balanced series. Even all through the last game we Kelowna didn’t seem like themselves, we were getting consistent offence all season and even in the first round but then boom! Nothing going, not even many shots or chances by comparison. Maybe it was the FHM gods but either way I guess we are cooked for this season. It is just too bad we are going to be missing a few key components that are moving up to SHL and might miss some of our punch that we had this last season.
(164 words)

8/8 tasks completed (Previous Claim)

Graded! 6 tasks completed @1 million per + 1 million completion bonus @chetib!- Frenchie

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights