Create Account

A Junior Players First Impression (2x draft week)
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 02:38 PM by Josh Latreille. Edited 1 time in total.)

I’ve just sat down after eating dinner, I had a great hot chicken sandwich that my girlfriend and I made. I start to scroll through Reddit and make my way to r/hockey, not an unusual event for me. Although, what I find is something amazing. I find a short post about a simulation hockey league, the new season will be starting in 4 days. “This seems cool,” I thought to myself.
I sign up rather quickly and even quicker I am immediately overwhelmed with options. I create my player, cool, now what? The draft is only a few days away, I have to give people some reasons to raise my ranking, and I’ve got to do it fast. 
It’s not long before messages start pouring in, GMs, Co-GMs, Scouts and even players who just want to welcome me with open arms and tell me exactly how to get started and raise my ranking. It was like a weight being lifted off my shoulders. It’s not often that an online community is so eager to help newcomers. I started to get this giddy feeling, this is real, I started to feel like I was in a league where I could contribute and be a part of a team in a real way. 
In my excitement, I’ve created a list of the teams that I think I’m most likely to end up at, even reading up on other prospects to see how my build and reputation stack up. If Chris Neil was threatening to punch my face into oblivion unless I answer, I would describe the way I’m feeling as ecstatic, I don’t care where I go. I’m so excited to learn more about the SHL and grow connections within the league. Thank you all for creating this community and for allowing me to make a place for myself within it.

[Image: latrielle.png]
Sig. Graphic made by Ragnar

Welcome again to the SHL, feel free to ask questions.

We are a great community and hope you will be a part of it for a long time Smile

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Hey, happy to read your experience! Love that you had a great first impression, can't wait to see how you do in the draft!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Glad to hear your first impressions are so positive! Best of luck in the draft!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Glad you're having fun, good luck in the draft!

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]