Create Account

S69 SMJHL PT #1 - Nice Places

[Image: theboys_raptors.gif]

This took me way longer than I'd like to admit to make.
[Title: Shorsey walking into the Raptors locker room after being drafted]

I, Mit Wobet, was greeted with a warm welcome coming into the Berserker's locker room. A nice banner was pinned and displayed in the main entrance of the headquarters welcoming me as the 13OA selection. I was expecting to go in the early rounds, but I was taken by surprise when I went in the opening round. I am very appreciative of the Berserkers organization for believing in my ability to bring success to this club. During all my scouting interviews my stance was clear, I wanted to go to a team that would help me cut my teeth and learn and grow within the league and sport of simulation hockey. I am not only certain I have found that place within my new organization, but I am excited that it was one of top the places I wanted to land. This is only page one of Mit's story. Now the hard work begins to fill these pages with SHL history.

[Image: Pi43cEV.png]
Big Thanks to @Sburbine & @Carpy48 for the dope graphic!
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/sgu3vVP.png[/img]

Entering the locker room for the first time was marvelous, I was immediately welcomed by everyone there. After awhile the draft ended and all the rookies were gathered in the locker room, and I've got to say we've got a really good group here. Right off the bat, everyone was getting along, making jokes and bonding over being on the same team. Management was there and ready to help anyone who needed it. We're a really young team but we are gonna go far, no doubt about that. I just felt like I belong there, in the Yukon Malamutes locker room. Deep in my career I'm gonna think back to this moment, it's special. Really excited to get some games in with the team and see how well we mesh on the ice. We're gonna bring out the best in everyone, there's so much chemistry there's no way we don't play well together.

When I walked into the Nevada Battleborn locker room for the first time after being their second pick in the S69 SMJHL Entry Draft, nobody got up from their seats. Nobody would even look me in the eye. It got so awkward that I finally had to stand up in front of the team, tears in my eyes, and beg them to say something to me. Anything. Please guys, I come from a poor family, I just want to come to Vegas and play well for you guys, earn some money and send it back to my family in Chicago. Please accept me for who I am. Finally, somebody stood up and handed me a tissue and told me that there was only one thing that I could do to be accepted as a Battleborn and have teammates acknowledge my existence.

Post a damn picture of your pet in the discord and people will love you forever. So I posted a picture of a cat and the entire locker room erupted in applause.

Being drafted in the third round for Lasse was a blessing in disquise. people would be like, why would being drafted in the third round be good? The reason it is good is becasue I was drafted to St. Louis. St. Louis is exactly where I wanted to be. Walking into the locker room was sort of surreal, but was accepted very quick, as people took a quick liking to my good sense of humor. But what made me feel the most at home was Sparky. Once again, after a rough start with my first player, he was happy to bring me back to St. Louis, and personally that means a lot to me. Sparky brought me into his office to give me thr undown of everything with Anthique, getting me used to everything around the arena, the guys, and the staff. But most of all, he completed the goal that I wanted done most of all: He made me feel at home, and back where I belong. 

Thanks @TheSparkyDee and @Anthique for bringing me back to where I belong!!

Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

Upon arriving at the Colorado Raptors training facility, I quickly gathered my things and prepared myself to meet new people and make new friends. I walked up to the double doors and typed in the code that @Ruggsy sent me earlier. It didn't work. I knocked on the door a couple times but no one came. Finally, another rookie, @Henrik, showed up. He typed his code in and it worked, the door opened and we were able to go inside. 
We chatted for a minute as we walked towards the locker room, but I decided to stop and use the restroom. As I was in there, I heard a round of cheers and applause for what I can only assume was Henrik walking into the locker room. The team was excited we were here! I washed my hands, grabbed my stuff and made my way to the door of the locker room. I could tell from outside that the room had quieted down now. So I opened the door and walked in; it was my time for cheers. 
Instead, I was met with blank or angry stares, usually followed by an angry glance towards the coaching staff. I even heard crying at one point in the corner. I could tell I was not who the players wanted to spend a 1st round pick on. But oh well. I'll spend my time here explaining how silly bagels are and describing the nuanced ways when one should reply "roll tide" in social situations.

PBE Affiliate
Username is FTR

RIP Mac & 701

Being ineligible for the draft due to a late declaring for the draft, I didn't get into the same welcome for my fellow draftees. However, after several discussions with the team, I was picked up off of waivers by the Vancouver Whalers. When I arrived and entered the locker room I was first greeted by my fellow rookies who were drafted earlier in the week and hard at work in the gym with trainers and staff. During my introductions I was joined by Wednesday Addams who was also signed the same day I was so I didn't feel out of place.

After meeting fellow rookies, we had a chance to meet the rest of the team and they were very welcoming. We started off with introductions then a game of "What incredibly common thing have you never done?". A nice way to break the ice with the team and meet everyone. No big celebrations, no hazing, just a great way to enter the team as we work towards the real celebrations.

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: 1I2bN7C.png]

The first thing  I noticed when  I walked into my new locker room was the sheer amount of naked sweaty dudes around me. It was like a naked sweety guy convention.  Not that there's anything wrong that. It was just sort of unexpected. Also, Adam Liebold has a real hog. I swear to the heavens, One word comes to mind when I think to that first introduction, Girth. Isak Sogard also likes to porky pig it which I'm cool with but it's an odd choice nonetheless. Outside of that the locker room was nice and tidy. They were assistants here there to help get us anything we needed before morning  slate. Kelowna 's a nice little city in British Columbia. It's a bit out of the way but the beautiful sights make up for that. I don't have much to complain about. It's also a little bit expensive to live here if I'm  honest with you.

Quote:163 Words

I'm going to talk about this one out of character because I think the people behind the characters deserve a lot of recognition here. I've been in a lot of locker rooms over the past 7 years. I've been in some amazing ones, some bad ones, some active ones, and dead ones. None have been as welcoming as the Quebec Locker room. The place instantly felt like home and even those I didn't know as well were eager to welcome me into the fold. I also had the chance to join the team for a game night on Tuesday and it was an absolute blast. Everyone was really genuine and fun to hang out with and it made for another extremely positive impression early on. I know it's just the beginning, and honestly, that's the most exciting part. I can't wait to go on this journey with these amazing people and with any luck, I can win my first 4star as a player in the J.

[Image: Lockerroom.png]

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

Lambert was a late pickup to the Kraken. He wasn't sure if he'd get the same sort of "drafted rookie" treatment walking into the locker room for the first time. Boy was he wrong. The trainers had not missed; his stall already had the jersey hanging and the nameplate was gleaming, "T. Lambert". It still didn't feel real. The team was even better. They greeted him with open arms and excitement at the prospect of seeing what he could do. Lambert was hit with a massive wave of deja vu the whole time, almost as if he had lived through this exact moment with the team. He knew, though, that this was going to be an experience unlike anything else. The hype died down after a while, and formal introductions were made. The warm welcome and the energy the team brought gave Timo one goal in his mind; he was going to prove to them that he belonged here in Carolina.

[Image: I1sSxD7.gif]

It was 8pm at night, we got a text that the draft was running late. Something about a bomb threat. Since Covid started drafts have been virtual which I was happy about. An hour goes by and they are finally up and running! I stare at the screen nervous and my hands shaking! 1OA... did Yukon really call me 1OA!! They did! I did a few interviews, told the GM I was excited and went to bed. The next week came and went as I packed my life and moved to Yukon. I arrived the next Monday at the Rink for the first time. I walk into the locker room and it was like nothing Ive ever seen. There were banners and balloons and champagne. They had a puppy running around and everyone brought their families. One by one the rookies came in, it was a huge draft. We ate subs and talked for hours. I made many friends quickly due to their warm welcome. Yukon is going to be a great home.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

It was a complicated day for Wednesday Addams. So complicated, she had a section of the SMJHL rulebook amended from her situation. The Great Falls Grizzlies did not reach out to her before the draft, so she certainly wasn't expecting to be drafted by them. In a bigger surprise, they also did not reach out to her after the draft. After seeing the other draftees receive contracts, Wednesday had to go straight to the SMJHL commissioner to get confirmation on her status. Was she going to be forced to sit out of the season? 18 hours later, the Grizzlies relinquished her rights, making her a free agent. On the same day, Wednesday signed a contract with the Vancouver Whalers. They were very happy and excited to welcome her to the team. In particular, Klaes Ashford and Bojack Calhoun showed her around the locker room. She has a connection with their top draftee, LeBron James. He is the one who created her signature.

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

Wisconsin entered the locker room silently. Everyone had prepared to welcome the rookies, but nobody noticed her as she quietly found her spot. Setting her bag down at the foot of her locker, she hears another of her fellow rookies enter the locker room, quite a bit louder than her. The feeling of excitement in the room is palpable, it's tangible. This is a team that had a rough go of it the season prior, picking up the second overall pick. That's not the pick they used on her, but it was still important. They believe in their youth movement. But right now, Wisconsin shoves another stick of Pocky into her mouth and starts to tape up her stick. During contract negotiations, management told Wisconsin that she wasn't allowed to actually smoke while under contract and that she wasn't allowed to bring in her e-cig into the locker room or arena itself. So, this will have to do, as usual. Something to focus on as the rest of the world blurs into the grey.
"Oh, hey! It's the rookie cat-girl!"
Wisconsin looks up to see the team finally noticing and approaching her.
She bites off the end of her Pocky.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough