Create Account

S69 SMJHL PT #1 - Nice Places

The welcome from the team in Kelowna has been amazing. Everyone from the coaches down to the staff at the training facility have gone well out of their way to make sure that me and the rest of the draftees have the best introduction to playing in the league possible. The guys in the locker room made a big effort to welcome us rookies when we first arrived and organised a rookie dinner to welcome us formally; unfortunately it consisted of eating out at the most expensive restaurant in the city and the rookies having to foot the bill for the whole team. Not ideal on a rookie salary, but thankfully Kelowna is a pretty cheap town and all things considered it was a fun night and a good way to break the ice and build some friendships. The team seem like a great group of players and people and there's a real feeling among the team that the Knights could really accomplish something this season, so it'd be great to see this confidence and good-feeling carry through into the regular season!

Code:
182 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Robin was not entirely sure what to expect when he walked down the corridor towards the Raptor locker room for the first time. He has never played in America before this and quite frankly was not entirely sure what a standard American rookie greeting would be like.

In Sweden, there really wasn’t much of a rookie experience to speak of other than being the newest guy on the team but Robin had heard all kinds of crazy things happened to rookies in the US, so he was a little worried.

All fears subsided quickly however as he came into the room and was greeted, along with the other rookies, by the veterans on the team. It was just like meeting any other new group of people. Lots of handshaking and trying to connect names to faces while knowing that in 3-4 minutes time you wont remember them anyway. Knowing the other rookies were in the same boat somehow made him feel a little better about the whole thing as he tied his skates and prepared for his first practice as a Raptor.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Jiggle E Puff did not decide he wanted to be a hockey player until after the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League draft took place this season, however he did not let that stop him from achieving his goals.

He had heard great things about the town of Quebec and their local hockey team, The Quebec City Citadelles, from his good friend Mew Two, who had played there many years ago in his juniors hockey days. As a result of this, he was hoping to be able to spend a few seasons learning to love the snow and practice his French.

His dreams came true when Quebec signed him on a free agent! However, Jiggle was apprehensive when he was first introduced to his new teammates- would they accept him despite being undrafted? Would being friends with a team legend make things awkward?

These fears were unfounded, as Mr. Puff found his teammates to be very welcoming and friendly! Jiggle E. has high hopes for the future!

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Tibuk Soonika was not sure how his new team would receive him. Do they recall the previous iteration of Tibuk Soonika? Walking into the Kelowna dressing room was like taking a deep breath for fresh air (not literally of course because it smelled like sweaty teenage men). He was welcomed with open arms and was given a tour of the Kelowna facilities. There was something he couldn’t quite put his finger on but there was an electricity in the room, a spark that felt like something was growing here. Kelowna was poised to breakout and make a big splash and rocket up the league standings.

Joining this stellar club are an impressive batch of rookies. Joining Tibuk this season will be Isak Sogard (@dankoa ), Wilhelm von Hindenburg II (@TheFlash ), Mu Wisconsin (@Jiggly_333 ), and Daisuke Nakamura (@Southie ). These exceptional players will be joining Tibuk as the baby faces of Kelowna but soon to be stars of the Knights.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Curious Betsy rests in waiting for a team, wandering the continenent in search of a place to stay, wishing only for a locker room to call home. One day that wish will be granted, and that day just might be today I don't really know honestly I don't know what the deal is with this waiver stuff. But when the time comes for me to finally put on the jersey of the Area Nouns I can only imagine the uproar of excitement of the locker room. There will be party streamers and confetti and I'm gonna silly string the goalie it's gonna be a great time. I don't actually care if the team wants this I am throwing myself a welcome party and nobody is really gonna be able to stop me. You guys are all a bunch of nerds and dweebs and I'm gonna smuggle ecstasy into the games.

JaeHyuk walked into the locker room for the first time and was greeted by the GMs and other current and past players. He found it funny that the past players were referred to as venison, but I guess that's what they do in Canada. Things were different from Seoul, but he was excited to find change in his surroundings and become friends with the teammates that surround him. He had fun cracking jokes with those around him and taking in the sights of Canada. He kept wondering where all the maple syrup was that was mentioned by his friends before he left for Canada but he figured he'd see it sometime while he played for the Elks. He was excited to grow as a person while spending time abroad and work on his English as best as he could. He could only learn so much while in school. He didn't do that well in English but he's excited to excel in English now that he's abroad.

Graphic:

[Image: S6CXHJW.png]

[Image: gurbs.gif]

When William Tree walked into the Maine Timber locker room he knew the right team drafted him. There was plenty of welcomes and friends he already knew. The management team were great greeting me and letting me know they’re here if I need any help for anything. Especially my gm Southpaw just such a great dude I can already tell and is ready to put in work for our team to have the best results. He gave me a warm welcomed and  was very excited to have me apart of the team and that’s really all you can really ask for. To be wanted and appreciated where you go. The activity was great seeing many faces pop in and out of chat. And I’m just happy to be apart of this team and ready to put in the work necessary and I know my teammates will do the same.

I was really nervous getting into the locker room and the general team facilities. I was moving in from over seas and meeting new people was always just nerve wracking. That being said, I felt nothing but welcomed when I stepped foot into the team facility. The team did not do anything special for us rookies to welcome us, which I actually appreciated, but all the coaches, trainers, staff, and especially my fellow teammates went out of their way to introduce themselves to me as I got a guide through the facility. After a quick work out and discussion with the coaches, I was notified that there was going to be a team dinner to welcome all the rookies in. It was nice to get to hang out with the team and fortunately for me Anchorage drafted a few rookies this season so when the rookies were told to pay off the bill, it was not too bad.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2023, 12:18 AM by KayleeMorgD.)

I first walked into the St. Louis locker room and was surprised to see nobody happy to see me. I took over the starting job from a player who has been there for four seasons. I was told by my agent that it wouldn’t be a warm welcome due to the fact I’m a brand new person who has to gain the trust of this team.

I do not want to be a person who doesn’t know what to expect when it comes to this team, but I will be honest with them and tell them if they didn’t have a good game. I expect that from the team as well. I want to be a leader but also a good goalie to help this team win. 

The goalie position has been something I have never understood. How does a goalie save the puck when the other team shoots the puck twenty to thirty times.

I walked in and thought, "oh shit these are the guys I used to run trains with back in the day, what a crazy coincidence". They recognized me as well and said that they were going to one right now, and then asked if I wanted to join or not. I was torn, on one hand, I don't really like trains anymore, they are so gross and honestly, I was always the last one to go so it was never really any fun, but on the other hand, I have no other friends so this might be a good chance to be more social. I told them I was interested only if I was one of the first to go, and then they laughed and told me to eat shit. Fast forward a couple days, one of the guys texted the group chat and said that homegirl called him and said she had chlamydia. So glad I didn't go.

[Image: Untitled.png]

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights