Create Account

Chapter 1 - The Addams Amendment

Wednesday Addams' SHL career got off to a rather unprecedented beginning. After receiving interest from numerous SMJHL teams, it was uncertain when she would be selected in the upcoming S69 draft. It was impossible to predict where she was headed. After an introductory presser with the media, Wednesday was determined to have a strong attitude, lacking regards for other people. Wednesday does not have an agent, but if she did, they would've most likely advised her to act more positively toward things. And she likely wouldn't have listened. The negative media attention did not seem to phase Wednesday. She paid no attention to the draft rankings, and didn't value her placement among the draft class. In the grand scheme of things, whoever selected Wednesday would walk away with the best overall draft selection. 

That sentiment would end up ringing true, as the pick used on Wednesday was actually traded for the first overall draft pick. The Great Falls Grizzlies were slated to get first dibs on any prospect they wanted. They ultimately decided to trade it to Yukon, for multiple future picks. A struggling franchise looking to get back on track, opted to sacrifice present successes for future ones. While missing out on a top player, Great Falls still believed they could get 3 decent players with picks 21, 32, and 35. Could they recoup value that was equivalent to the dynamic Sydney Shaw? 

Wednesday had identified a few teams that would likely select her. Great Falls was not one of them. 10 of the 14 SMJHL teams passed on Wednesday Addams, but it never concerned her. She would rather be the last pick of a team with many picks, than the first pick of a team with few. It would give Wednesday talented peers to play alongside, instead of carrying dead weight on her back. She didn't even show up at the draft hall, or watch the live broadcast. There were much bigger causes Wednesday had to take care of, such as The Bubble Tape Bandit. When she returned, she opened up the replay of the draft broadcast. Wednesday was not expecting to see her name in GFG colors. They had selected her with their first pick of the draft, which they got in exchange for the 1st overall pick. It seemed plausible that she was going to be a possible face of the franchise, the future #1 center.

GFG management didn't reach out to Wednesday prior to the draft, so she was rather surprised that they selected her. In a bigger surprise, they also didn't reach out to her after the draft. Wednesday soon found out that the other GFG selections had already signed their entry-level contracts. What's this? An act of sabotage? This wasn't surprising at all for Wednesday Addams, she deals with this type of stuff on a daily basis. But in the SMJHL? Was she being held hostage, forced to sit out in her rookie season? 

Wednesday went straight to the SMJHL commissioner to present her concerns. It seemed to be an unprecedented situation. He had to consult the fellow head office members to determine the technicalities. After 3 hours of deliberation, it was found that Great Falls had no intentions to sign Wednesday, and were relinquishing their rights to her. This would effectively leave Wednesday as a free agent, allowing her to sign with any team before the first day of the season. The SMJHL rulebook would also be amended to help with any future predicaments. Wednesday was relieved to hear that she could still dominate the SMJHL. There were still some unanswered questions. Why had Great Falls done this? What team would Wednesday sign with?  

[Image: 2f99172ab32f09c6fed3088afaaa8a17.png]

After a quick analysis of the Great Falls roster, Wednesday found one of her answers. Bobby McGinnis. The newly-named captain of the Great Falls Grizzlies. She recognized that name from a childhood feud. Bobby must have pulled some strings to ensure she wasn't signed. He is either fearful of Wednesday, or trying to exact revenge upon her. You really can't blame the guy, as Wednesday got him expelled from elementary school. You can't help but wonder why Bobby didn't communicate this sooner to the GMs, they effectively wasted a second round pick. Or perhaps he did communicate it, and management ignored his concerns. It is impossible to tell what goes on behind closed doors, so there may never be an exact truth available to the public. Their decision remains without scrutiny, as it is logical to side with your team captain over an unexperienced rookie. This may also mean that Wednesday has to find a new country to represent, as many GFG members are present within the Team USA federation.

All in all, the Great Falls Grizzlies traded the 1st overall pick for the 21st overall pick, who will never play a game for their franchise. Now - where was she going to play?

Wednesday immediately reached out to the GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows. There's only three centers on the team, and one of them had just been blacklisted for being a sexist, transphobic piece of shit  pile of garbage. Their mascot is amusing, yet ominous. She felt like this could be her home. STL however was a bit hesitant, as rumors from the draft relinquishment had given Wednesday a bit of a reputation. Vancouver was a team that had talked to Wednesday prior to the draft. They reached out again, after the debacle. They were willing to hear her side of the story, and Wednesday was ready to help build a powerhouse from the ground up. Vancouver promptly signed Wednesday to an entry level contract, which was the beginning of something beautiful...

(to GFG and the creator of Bobby, no hard feelings I totally get it. I love the story material it provided.)

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

Welcome to Vancouver!

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Good luck in Vancouver!

We could use your help on center with Leclaire gone, but with all the things that happen in the locker room we needed to take a pause on «problematic» cases.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

01-18-2023, 11:36 AMAnthique Wrote: Good luck in Vancouver!

We could use your help on center with Leclaire gone, but with all the things that happen in the locker room we needed to take a pause on «problematic» cases.
I feel like it’s maybe better to not tell someone to their face you passed on them for PR reasons? I’m just a layperson though.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

It's important in an economy for assets to be consumed, so i think chevy was just accelerating the consumption of a draft pick to save the draft economy. The hero we needed

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

01-18-2023, 12:01 PMboom Wrote:
01-18-2023, 11:36 AMAnthique Wrote: Good luck in Vancouver!

I feel like it’s maybe better to not tell someone to their face you passed on them for PR reasons? I’m just a layperson though.

I have a good relationship with him, he's the one who drafted me with Cooper in Texas so he knows I have nothing against him and wish him the best in his new team.

We all know what happen with Zap, so I think Yag will understand our situation. 

You had a good point, weird to said it «out loud», but in this situation I think (and hope) it's okay.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Still hurts being put in the same category as Zap. I feel like this is nowhere near comparable to the shit he has done.

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]