Create Account

S70 Prospect Interview - Josh Latreille (2x Draft Media)

…. With the 29th pick in the S70 SMJHL draft. The Yukon Malamutes select... Josh Latreille from Canada.

Hello and welcome to today's edition of packing a punch with the draft, I'm your host Andy Brickley and I'm here with newly drafted center Josh Latreille.

Andy: Why did you join the SHL? 

Josh: I joined the SHL because right away it looked fun, I'm a huge hockey fan so I’m always into this sort of thing

Andy: What inspired you to create a center

Josh: I’ll start by saying I love every position in hockey, and want to eventually create a player in each position, but I started with Center because I find they control a lot of the game, every play starts by the centers deciding who gets possession, I wanna be the guy who can get possession for my team more often than not

Andy: What was scouting like and how did it feel being drafted?

Josh: The start of scouting was very chillax, just some conversations and good vibes, within a few days I was holding multiple conversations at a time haha, it was really cool and felt very real, there were hard decisions but mainly just great conversations with many different people!

Andy: So it must have been really fun being a new guy. Last question, as a player what did you look for in a team

Josh: I wasn’t looking for anything in a team, the biggest luxury would’ve been a great locker room, but most of the SHL and SMJHL have those because everyone in this league rocks! Outside of LR, I'll say the biggest thing I was looking for was having a genuine direction, meaning if I need to know which attributes to increase, I want teammates and staff that know what they want from their players and can tell me what I need to know

Andy: Well folks that's all for this interview with Josh Latreille.

Code:
324 Words

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

This was so much fun! thanks again for the conversation!

[Image: latrielle.png]
Sig. Graphic made by Ragnar

Thanks so much for participating in the interview.

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs