Create Account

SMJHL Customized Schedules
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2023, 05:41 PM by SDCore. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dear SHL,

I have returned to you after a long absence, but for real I was never gone, just done with announcing things, but TODAY I have some exciting news. As your new Sim-Team Co-Head and SMJHL HO person, I have been working on something, as HO, for a couple of seasons.

Today I bring to you customized scheduling. You may ask yourself, BUT COREY WHAT DOES THIS MEAN. Oh, boy am I here to tell you what it means! What this means and brings to the site is the ability to limit back to backs as a league. We are also able to control the length of a season, opponents played, days played, among other things.

This should allow us to control sim days and schedules more easily and get teams to play on relatively the same schedule season after season. It will give us the ability to schedule things out further and have a more predictable experience. The J will now have match days as well where all teams play on those days.

This also will allows us to control back to backs as previously mentioned. We are moving forward with having all teams only play 8 back-to-back games per season. We wanted to keep a bit of this aspect in the league to allow back up starts, a bit more realism, but also make it easier on GMs to predict things. This should (in theory) help with some of the stamina issues in the J, since teams won't go into week long stretch of b2b games. It will help create a more even experience across the league.

This is the first season we are doing this, so things may change and be tweaked as we move forward, but we are excited to be able to bring this to the league in S69! I'm here or on discord if you have any additional questions.

Also, I want to give a huge shout out and props to @Canadice and @brickwall35. This could not have happened without them.

Signing off for now,

Your Humble Servant,

SDCore/Corey

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Poggers

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

LETS F'N GO!

Thank you for all the work you have put into this, all three of you, I know it's been a long time coming and it's cool to see it finally pan out!

(Welcome back from your announcement hiatus Corey)

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Hi Corey Blush

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

I didn't realize everything in the league was finally fixed, so we could focus on stuff like this

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Job well done!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2023, 02:26 PM by ACapitalChicago. Edited 1 time in total.)

01-19-2023, 02:45 AMCount Chocula Wrote: I didn't realize everything in the league was finally fixed, so we could focus on stuff like this

The big thing here is by customizing our schedules we can limit and standardize our back to backs for J teams. Previously, it was possible for teams to have a disproportionate amount of B2Bs compared to others, and even run into schedules where they have a B2B, one day break, and then another B2B. By limiting the unfair and unequal effect that inconsistent B2Bs has on teams' stamina in ways that was detrimental to their players, we can address a constant source of discussion and frustration for our J GMs.

Regardless, always happy to hear suggestions on issues you feel SMJHL HO should be focusing on.

Edit: I want to really display how disproportionate B2Bs were in the J, and how widespread complaints and frustrations by J GMs were. I did a quick search in our server, and got these quotes from multiple different teams:

Team 1: "Yeah we had 4 b2b in the first 10 games"

Team 2: "Taking it as an example. Last season, the St. Louis Blues had 8 b2b games over their NHL 82 game season. (Team 2) this season with 66 games has 22. 1/3 of our season is b2b games, sometimes with just 1 day break in the middle"

Team 3: "(Team 3) has 3 days off and then starts the reg season with a b2b. that's really why I'm asking"

Team 4: "so FHM8 doesn't fix the ridiculous schedules eh
b2b
one day off
b2b
one day off
b2b"

"b2b
1 day off
b2b
1 day off
b2b (already 6 games in 8 days)
1 day off
1 game
1 day off (wow two days off within 3 days!)
b2b
1 day off
b2b"

Team 5: "we're currently on a stretch of B2B -> 2 day rest -> B2B -> 2 day rest -> B2B -> 2 day rest -> B2B"

Team 6: "(Team 6) had 7 back-to-backs in Oct"

Team 7: "who is the sadist in the FHM scheduling department who thinks it's fun for us to play six sets of back to backs in one month"

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

01-19-2023, 02:45 AMCount Chocula Wrote: I didn't realize everything in the league was finally fixed, so we could focus on stuff like this

classic choc take

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Super cool we have control of this now. Thanks for the hard work!

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

Outlungus Outlungus Outlungus Outlungus Outlungus Outlungus Outlungus

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]