Create Account

Sir Devoir compared to other goalies last season

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here to talk about my current player, Sir Devoir. While yes I have started a series where I look into the best and worst of Goalies throughout the FHM Era (which has made me feel better about how Devoir is doing overall), I feel like it would be a good time to just relax and talk about my player for hopefully more then 1000 words. For starters, some of you may be asking: Why did I choose a Gallade as his render? Why such a random pokemon to be a goalie? Well, first of all, look at the arm blades on a Gallade.

Those would be perfect for blocking all kinds of shots from opposing players. However, admittedly, he was originally supposed to be a WSBL render idea before that fell apart, and the WSBL soon fell apart with it. So, me recreating in the SHL was literally just to use that render. However, I was hesitant to recreate due to the unfortunate circumstances regarding why my last few players went IA in the league. That is why I went so late in the draft by the way, and I am really grateful for HHH81 and Baltimore for putting so much faith in me to draft me, and I hope I will be able to repay them.

Sir Devoir did first play in Maine in the J before heading to Baltimore, and the Timber even won a cup the season after I was called up. Sir Devoir lived in a log cabin in both Maine and Baltimore, and he lived there with his sister Anna and his adopted daughter Bella. Both he and Anna were born into a carnival and worked there in various roles before their caretaker unfortunately passed away, leaving them both to strike out on their own.

Now we can talk about Sir Devoir's statsand how they compare to the rest of the league. Overall, the Baltimore Platoon had a record of 19-40-7, which is not surprising for a team that is still in the middle of a rebuilding period. Sir Devoir had 13 wins and 30 losses, with all 7 overtime losses the team had belonging to him. Out of the 1863 shots that were directed towards him, he managed to save 1656 of them while allowing 207 goals for a GAA of 4.27. Considering the average NHL GAA is below 3, according to Google, this is pretty rough for him. However, Baltimore somehow made the playoffs, and they were definitely not the worst team in the league (that would be the 14-50 Hamilton Steelhawks).

Sir Devoir would actually have the 6th most losses in the league, having two less than Evert Jansson of the 16-44-6 Los Angeles Panthers. Evert would have a record of 8-32-5 and would save 1414 shots of the 1594 that were directed towards him for a GAA of 4.09, which is a better GAA than Devoir. Evert would have a save percentage of 0.887% and a goalie rating of 69 (nice). Sir Devoir would actually have a shutout win, the first of his career, while Evert would not. Devoir would also have a higher save percentage of 0.889% and the same goalie rating of 69.

Now, the goalie with the most losses is B Jobin of the Steelhawks with 40. He would have a record of 12-40-2, and of the 2440 shots that were directed towards him, he would save 2169 of them. He would allow 271 goals for a GAA of 5.17, no shutout wins, and the same save percentage as Devoir and a Goalie rating of 72. Now, the reason I am telling you this is not only to make myself feel a bit better about Devoir's recent performances but to just show how bad some of the worst goalie stats can be. Now for how good the best goalie from last season can be, Rebecca Montagne had the most wins with a record of 43-8-2.

Of the 1411 shots that were directed towards her, she saved 1284 of them while allowing 127 goals for a GAA of 2.38. She also had 8 shutouts and a goalie rating of 73. Now, that is certainly a lot better than the other goalies I mentioned here, and unfortunately, I can't find what the average GR of NHL players are for some reason. Now the best goalie in the NHL last season, according to the official NHL site, is Linus Ullmark, who had a record of 24-2-1 and a GAA of 1.88 and a save percentage of .937%. However, admittedly, the difference is that NHL goalies can't really play as many games as SHL goalies due to the limit of humanity, so comparing them is a bit unfair.

Now I know that this article is not as long as my usual ones, and we die not hit our 1000-word goal, unfortunately. However, I felt like I needed an SHL article out this week, and I am just not feeling up to making a big article this week. Hopefully, I can continue the series I started next week. Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you all on the ice!

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]